Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

What's Your Game of the Year So Far?

AuthorMessage
Nukes A Lot 2
Nukes A Lot 2
Posted on 02 July 17 at 13:10
Persona 5 by a mile.
I've put 210 hours into it and still have a comfortable 400 more before this year ends.
So much potential for challenge and special runs.
Einigkeit
Posted on 02 July 17 at 13:22
I'm surprised no one has said NieR: Automata yet. I think it's my choice for game of the generation so far.
HappyCalf82281
Posted on 02 July 17 at 13:26
Nerfgirl83 said:
Breath of the wild! Seriously how do you not pick this?
This X 1,000,000

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 July 17 at 13:26
LOL, still working on 2014 mate.
Unrehearsed
Unrehearsed
Posted on 02 July 17 at 13:32
Nothing can beat Persona 5 and Nioh this year.
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:02
There's so much hate for Andromeda! I have played all the mass effects numerous times and Andromeda was a bit of a let down when you compare it to the original trilogy. But overall Andromeda was a great game. IMO. The problems with the animations at the beginning didn't shut me off the game whatsoever. I really enjoyed the main story along with all of the side story missions and whatnot. And the multiplayer was a blast to play with friends!!

Was it the best Mass Effect? No. But from the list above (of Xbox games) this IMO is the best so far.
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:10
Definitely between Persona 5 and Zelda Breath of the Wild for me. There are negatives, but I could talk about their positives for ages laugh
@KGEthanA | Twitch: KGEthan | YouTube: Krimzon Gamers | Newshound | TGN YouTube Team
KFuryMaggh
KFuryMaggh
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:17
Elemant Zero said:
AsP Bale 11 said:
BlackxRyan said:
Even if it isn't as great as Mass Effect 3, Andromeda is still a very good game. That was a real challenge for Bioware to continue without Shepard and his universe and in my opinion, they did a good job.

But I'm waiting for the last games of 2017.
I loved playing Andromeda, it seems to be an unpopular opinion. It's quite different to the other Mass Effect's but I still enjoyed it just as much.
For me it was such a let down in every way, I wish I had never played it and just skipped it. Just my opinion though.
Same here,what a lackluster game.Finished it once then uninstalled and never touched it again. I still willing to make another playthrough when all DLCs and patches been released.(By the end of 2018??)
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:21
Without question, Nier: Automata. Nothing else comes close IMHO.
BLOOD BERSEKER
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:28
Halo Wars 2; Only gamewhich released this year I got. headspin
MitRialb
MitRialb
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:59
Aaero

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 July 17 at 14:59
Forza Horizon 3 for me, although I think that came out in 2016 but I've only just played it so selecting that anyway. laugh

Thanks for mentioning The Sexy Brutale, I really wanted to play that and then forgot about it, so I've added it to my wishlist.
[Insert clever and humorous comment here]
liner bronson
liner bronson
Posted on 02 July 17 at 15:01
Nothing comes close to Horizon Zero Dawn for me
Ranged humanist, melee misanthrope
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 02 July 17 at 15:09
Injustice 2
I am da L1quor
Posted on 02 July 17 at 15:30
Verdun
Tonestar34
Tonestar34
Posted on 02 July 17 at 15:31
What year did the Witcher 3 come out? Lol... I still can't get enough of it! Everything I've played so far in 2017 has either been a remaster or a great AAA title from previous years barring the new AFL game that came out this year... So by default... It's AFL Evolution, a solid sports game, good fun but not the best game I've played.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 02 July 17 at 16:04
I've played a lot of Mass Effect and a little HW2, and while they're both good, I wouldn't call either GOTY material. If it wasn't for the numerous bugs in Cities Skylines, I would've voted for that. So far, I haven't seen anything worthy to be a GOTY.
SergeantRocky91
Posted on 02 July 17 at 16:06
I've had so much fun with Injustice 2 and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

As a completionist tho there was SO much crap in Wildlands if it only had a little bit less it would be perfect in my opinion.

Now I love the ability to let the AI play for you in the multiverse in Injustice., so that you can grind Mother boxs without have to actually play. All you have to do is press A at the end of the match and let the computer do the rest.

Currently playing Crash Bandicoot while my Xbox grinds levels and Mother boxes.
A
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 02 July 17 at 16:06
Einigkeit said:
I'm surprised no one has said NieR: Automata yet. I think it's my choice for game of the generation so far.
I said it. I would have said it earlier had I seen the thread sooner. There were some good titles in the second half of 2016 like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. However, Nier: Automata is substantially better. I finished up 2016 playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mafia III, Dishonored 2, & Final Fantasy XV. I think all four of them are a cut above what I've seen so far in 2017 and Nier: Automata is an order of magnitude better than these four (IMHO).
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 02 July 17 at 16:17
Angry Birds: The Movie: The Videogame 2k17 DX HD Turbo Remix Console Edition
Goats be flyin'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.