Game Discussion: Madden NFL 16 Forum

Complete a MUT set

AuthorMessage
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 02 July 17 at 23:20
Does anyone have any issues completing the 'Getting Started' objective in MUT?

It says spend your first 50 coins to buy a welcome pack, but it's nowhere to be found in the store. Only thing I see are Ultimate packs and Rookie packs, and in the kickoff tab when I select the 4/5 objective it brings me to a blank screen.
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 03 July 17 at 00:46, Edited on 03 July 17 at 00:51 by TrapMuzik99
Can't you complete a different MUT set for the achievement? I am getting the game soon and am curious. It shouldn't be unattainable the last person who won it was a week ago.

EDIT: someone won the complete a set achievement in Madden 15 today so I doubt there is anything exclusively wrong with this achievement. I'll be getting the game in a few days and can check, if you do figure it out please post and let me know!
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 05 July 17 at 06:43, Edited on 05 July 17 at 08:03 by Moldy Tacos5000
Yeah the store is pretty useless now since they're probably focused on Madden 17 and 18. There's absolutely nothing for sale in the store at all except an ultimate pack for 100k coins and 1 rookie pack for 1500 coins. And once you buy the rookie pack that's it, no more.

I had a friend log in on his gamertag/EA account and same thing. So I got in touch with EA support(via chat in India) and they had me follow a few steps like deleting saves, reloading the gamertag, and clearing persistent storage, which seemed like they would work but to no avail. Then there were also a lot of ridiculous steps such as power cycling my xbox a half dozen types, resetting my MAC address, and resetting my parental controls from adult to child and back to adult again. I got back in touch with them again, gave them my ticket number and they started talking about FIFA 17. I guess what they say about EA customer service is true. Ultimately they said their technicians are aware of it and to give it 24 hours(I know it's the holiday but it's been 2 and a half days).

I had a second friend log in to his account that bought the game in 2015 and has never played MUT and we all see the same thing.

Your best bet now is to just upgrade some of the awful starting bronze players they give you to a silver pack.
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 05 July 17 at 16:44, Edited on 05 July 17 at 16:46 by TrapMuzik99
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Yeah the store is pretty useless now since they're probably focused on Madden 17 and 18. There's absolutely nothing for sale in the store at all except an ultimate pack for 100k coins and 1 rookie pack for 1500 coins. And once you buy the rookie pack that's it, no more.

I had a friend log in on his gamertag/EA account and same thing. So I got in touch with EA support(via chat in India) and they had me follow a few steps like deleting saves, reloading the gamertag, and clearing persistent storage, which seemed like they would work but to no avail. Then there were also a lot of ridiculous steps such as power cycling my xbox a half dozen types, resetting my MAC address, and resetting my parental controls from adult to child and back to adult again. I got back in touch with them again, gave them my ticket number and they started talking about FIFA 17. I guess what they say about EA customer service is true. Ultimately they said their technicians are aware of it and to give it 24 hours(I know it's the holiday but it's been 2 and a half days).

I had a second friend log in to his account that bought the game in 2015 and has never played MUT and we all see the same thing.

Your best bet now is to just upgrade some of the awful starting bronze players they give you to a silver pack.
Ok, thanks for sharing. I should have the game by Friday and I will try. There are still other sets to complete though, no? I just know they will be harder ones.

EDIT: I see you won the achievement, nice. What steps did you take to get it?
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 06 July 17 at 04:28
You can complete the silver upgrade set, it requires 7 bronze players which you can buy for 25 coins a piece or just win a few from the skills trainer packs.
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 06 July 17 at 12:56
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
You can complete the silver upgrade set, it requires 7 bronze players which you can buy for 25 coins a piece or just win a few from the skills trainer packs.
Cool, thanks for the info.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.