The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 4th, 2017

AuthorMessage
Yin
Yin
Posted on 04 July 17 at 13:50
XpD Pielord said:
I can not believe people are complaining about this when we currently already have a massive sale on.
The reason users are upset with the Ultimate Game sale is because a good portion of the games on the list have been on sale already for cheaper, as recently as last week. Just look at Battlefront Ultimate edition, which is up for $29.99 during the Ultimate Game sale.

June 30, $29.99
June 13, $10.00
May 2, $20.00
February 28, $20.00
January 24, $23.99

They've done this with a ton of titles on that list, so a lot of users see it as a pointless sale (myself included).
The lesser half of the Yin Yang gaming couple. ;)
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 04 July 17 at 13:57
GameStop and Amazon Prime are selling Mass Effect Andromeda for $20, physical copy.
DutRank
DutRank
Posted on 04 July 17 at 14:29
Arslan gets a sale and it's still more than physical facepalm
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 04 July 17 at 14:58, Edited on 04 July 17 at 14:59 by Allgorhythm
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
GameStop and Amazon Prime are selling Mass Effect Andromeda for $20, physical copy.
I constantly find physical versions for less expensive prices than digital ones--sale or no sale. It's counterintuitive because you would expect that the lack of physical inventory and distribution costs would make the digital versions much less expensive. This is especially the case because, at X1 launch, Microsoft was trying to drive everyone to digital. Kind of hard to do when the physical versions are undercutting the digital versions' prices.
wildwest08
wildwest08
Posted on 04 July 17 at 14:59
EarthboundX said:
The Watch Dogs Season pass is on sale all the damned time, so I think I can wait for the second game's pass to get more than 40% off.
At least on the One the season pass for the first one was NOT on sale all the time. As someone who bought the game close to when it came out I know. I waited forever for the season pass or the DLC to go on sale. After years I finally relented and bought it thinking it wouldn't go on sale. Couple weeks later it went on sale. I think it has been on sale once or twice, not all the time. I don't know if the second one is a good price but it might not go on sale again for awhile.
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 04 July 17 at 15:46
As a fan of the series, I'd love Syberia 3, but that's still so expensive for a little point and click when I can get 7 other indies for the same price.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 July 17 at 15:53
Blehhhhhhh, more garbage this week. Good for my money though I suppose
Alumejr
212,810 212,810 GamerScore
Alumejr
Posted on 04 July 17 at 16:13
For the amount of content on the season pass for Watch_dogs 2 is not worth the 23.99, for the amount of content that needs to be less than 10. there is only a few single player missions and a couple of online modes. on the Achievements side only adds 4 more and that's it. I' wait till the price drops more.
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 04 July 17 at 18:43
wth is that Arslan price? Not that I was interested in the first place but its $12 used.
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 04 July 17 at 19:01
Sooooo Watch Dogs 2 DLC with achieves 24.99 and the season pass on sale for 23.99.. no thanks, i don't want or need a bunch of lame ass cosmetic skins.... i'll wait for Black Friday and hope for a bigger drop!
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 04 July 17 at 19:31
Allgorhythm said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I constantly find physical versions for less expensive prices than digital ones--sale or no sale. It's counterintuitive because you would expect that the lack of physical inventory and distribution costs would make the digital versions much less expensive. This is especially the case because, at X1 launch, Microsoft was trying to drive everyone to digital. Kind of hard to do when the physical versions are undercutting the digital versions' prices.
Right. I'm surprised they don't sell the digital cheaper even on day 1. Five bucks less to get the digital game, maybe it's not that big of a deal.
RAVENxSPEEDSTER
Posted on 04 July 17 at 19:42, Edited on 04 July 17 at 19:43 by RAVENxSPEEDSTER
thisisgman said:
M + E + H = MEH
This list of potential game related savings so meh indeed. I'll wait until they forza horizon 3 on sale again then I'll get it when I'm ready for it that is.
I PLAY TO HAVE FUN!!!! I do tend to play solo most of the time but always willing to play with others if they have time for that of course. TA ROCKS!!
Elite1111111111
Posted on 04 July 17 at 22:06, Edited on 04 July 17 at 22:12 by Elite1111111111
EarthboundX said:
The Watch Dogs Season pass is on sale all the damned time, so I think I can wait for the second game's pass to get more than 40% off.
It's only on sale all the time on the 360, where they can't sell a 'complete edition' bundle. It's only been on sale on the One once, thought it was 60% off. It went on sale in March, THREE YEARS after the game came out.

Edit: Actually, it went on sale before that (Storeparser only shows the last 2 years), once for 30% off.

But yeah, anyone wanting to wait for a better sale for the WD2 Season Pass could be waiting a LONG time.
Maesenko
Maesenko
Posted on 05 July 17 at 01:24
Tempted by Watch_Dogs 2 Gold ed. On sale for $50 down from $100, so I'd get the season pass and game for ~$25 each, which is the best I've seen the disc go for yet. Alternatively, I could get the season pass now and wait for the disc to come down in price... I do still have to replay WD1, after all.

Thoughts?
"I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
Elite1111111111
Posted on 05 July 17 at 07:54
Maesenko said:
Tempted by Watch_Dogs 2 Gold ed. On sale for $50 down from $100, so I'd get the season pass and game for ~$25 each, which is the best I've seen the disc go for yet. Alternatively, I could get the season pass now and wait for the disc to come down in price... I do still have to replay WD1, after all.

Thoughts?
For the WD2 DLC - If the WD1 season pass is anything to go off of, then the WD2 one will pretty much never go on sale. If you don't get it now, you could be waiting for a while. On the flip side, the 2 achievement-bearing DLC only cost $25 together. The current season pass sale only saves you a dollar in that regard.
Sir Pielord
Sir Pielord
Posted on 05 July 17 at 09:10
EarthboundX said:
Psparky27 said:
Lurking Lawyer said:
XpD Pielord said:
I can not believe people are complaining about this when we currently already have a massive sale on.
The "Ultimate" sale (and I use the inverted commas advisedly) was pretty rubbish in its own right (at least IMO - but I know I'm far from alone in thinking that way....) so I'm not sure your point really advances the argument much! :D
The complainers are hilarious and more predictable than the sales themselves. The amount of units already sold in this sale shows that people are disagreeing with the usual boo boys (even if they are far from alone)!

In the ultimate thread someone even wanted a 40% reduction on a game that was out just 6 weeks !!! They have no idea how sales work from the business side. They are not doing it for consumer they are doing it for the company.
Yeah, seems if sales don't apply especially to them, its the worst sale ever. I admit, I pretty much bought nothing, other than the Dark Souls III season pass I've been waiting to go on sale, but there's still some great stuff for people who don't have them yet.

Just because I pretty much had all the games listed for sale, doesn't mean it's a bad sale.
Yep exactly, same boring people always complaining about nothing.
I personally spent far too much during sale and bought over ten things.

I'm glad this group of people is far from alone though.
Maybe they can meet up every other Sunday and have a general complain about everything.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 05 July 17 at 15:31
I just don't understand who makes these "deals".... I mean it's $50.99 for DB:X 1&2 but, if you purchase them on sale separately... it's only $47.99...I mean that's $3 cheaper than the bundle... what a rip off.
Pris
Pris
Posted on 05 July 17 at 18:28
Nothing for me this week.

I do agree with others that digital versions of games are too expensive to begin with. I can pay 5 pound less for a physical copy and trade it in a week later and recoup most of my money. It's a no brainer in my eyes.
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 06 July 17 at 15:44, Edited on 06 July 17 at 15:45 by Leo Ascendent
XpD Pielord said:
EarthboundX said:
Psparky27 said:
Lurking Lawyer said:
XpD Pielord said:
The "Ultimate" sale (and I use the inverted commas advisedly) was pretty rubbish in its own right (at least IMO - but I know I'm far from alone in thinking that way....) so I'm not sure your point really advances the argument much! :D
The complainers are hilarious and more predictable than the sales themselves. The amount of units already sold in this sale shows that people are disagreeing with the usual boo boys (even if they are far from alone)!

In the ultimate thread someone even wanted a 40% reduction on a game that was out just 6 weeks !!! They have no idea how sales work from the business side. They are not doing it for consumer they are doing it for the company.
Yeah, seems if sales don't apply especially to them, its the worst sale ever. I admit, I pretty much bought nothing, other than the Dark Souls III season pass I've been waiting to go on sale, but there's still some great stuff for people who don't have them yet.

Just because I pretty much had all the games listed for sale, doesn't mean it's a bad sale.
Yep exactly, same boring people always complaining about nothing.
I personally spent far too much during sale and bought over ten things.

I'm glad this group of people is far from alone though.
Maybe they can meet up every other Sunday and have a general complain about everything.
"Why isn't [game that came out in the last month] $20 yet? OH. EM. GEEEEEEEEEE. I DESERVE to get this for nearly nothing, I don't care that people put time in to making it, I don't care about their jobs, or family, or life. ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Basically how I see these crybabies. laugh

OT - I've heard mostly good things about Uncanny, preview I saw reminded me of X-Files or Twin Peaks, which I'm sure was intentional.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.