Windows Phone Forum

Forum for general Windows Phone discussion, from the gaming to everyday use

Achievements Not Syncing?

AuthorMessage
VIGILANTE 14
VIGILANTE 14
Posted on 26 June 19 at 14:04
I did a soft-reset and then got the 2008 Tokyo achievement in DoDonpachi Maximum. I'll give that a few days to see if it syncs to my card. You mention logging off. How do you log off on your phone?
UnfurledEmu75
UnfurledEmu75
Posted on 26 June 19 at 14:12
You cant. It's a kind of bug, I had my account logged correctly on the phone but it didnt appear at all on Xbox app because I couldnt sync. And then it fixed itself...
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 26 June 19 at 14:40
Ignore the Xbox Console Companion. The update for that, to support the changes for Windows 10 May 2019, broke the app on Windows 10 Mobile. You can still unlock achievements without it working.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 26 June 19 at 22:46, Edited on 26 June 19 at 22:46 by iMaginaryy
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Ignore the Xbox Console Companion. The update for that, to support the changes for Windows 10 May 2019, broke the app on Windows 10 Mobile. You can still unlock achievements without it working.
I was wondering about this, thanks. No replacements or alternatives I take it?

Perhaps the most annoying thing is I now have a seemingly permanent notification I can't get rid of angryangry
Fear is the mindkiller.
VIGILANTE 14
VIGILANTE 14
Posted on 01 July 19 at 00:14
So I've given it a few days and no luck. It's gotta be the phone, I don't know what else it could be. Can you only have your profile on one phone at a time? I still have my Nokia Lumia 1020 which I use regularly. I'm just grasping at straws at this point.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 July 19 at 00:22
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Just an FYI. The Xbox Console Companion is now working on my Windows 10 Mobile phone.
61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,400 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
VIGILANTE 14
VIGILANTE 14
Posted on 04 July 19 at 13:47
I took my question to the Microsoft Community Forums and one poster suggested because the games are delisted that you could not unlock achievements in those games anymore. Is that true?
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 04 July 19 at 15:27, Edited on 04 July 19 at 15:28 by Shadow Kisuragi
Nope, not true at all. Microsoft Community Forums know nothing about the Windows Phone. Neither do Ambassadors or Microsoft Support for the most part. You have to find someone actually knowledgeable to respond back. Case in point, almost all of my unlocks lately have been in long delisted games I'm finally returning to.

As for your previous question, you can only have 1 profile on the phone. If you have to remove the profile, you essentially have to factory reset your phone.

Supposedly the Companion App is working now if that matters. Are you able to access the Internet just fine with your phone?
VIGILANTE 14
VIGILANTE 14
Posted on 04 July 19 at 16:42
My Companion App is working now as well, it hadn't been for the past little while. I can do everything on this phone (Call, text, browse the internet..) except earn achievements.

I got an achievement in Max and the Magic Marker this morning but it hasn't synced. I tried to play Angry Birds Classic to unlock the Big Red Bird for that achievement but the game won't let me log in. It gives me "Sorry we can't sign you in. Please sign in at xbox.com, then start this app again" I signed into Xbox.com and nothing still.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 04 July 19 at 17:42
And you've verified that your Microsoft account can "sync" right? Can you load up achievements in any game you've previously earned to verify that works?
UnfurledEmu75
UnfurledEmu75
Posted on 04 July 19 at 18:34
Just in case: Are you gold? I realised you cant get any achievement without xbox live gold.
VIGILANTE 14
VIGILANTE 14
Posted on 05 July 19 at 13:42
I loaded up Final Fantasy 3 this morning and it doesn't show any achievements earned even though I have all but 1. When I go to Accounts and Sync settings that option is on. Even individual sync settings are on.

I have gold for another year or so, even took advantage of that ultimate gold deal for a buck that was available.
VIGILANTE 14
VIGILANTE 14
Posted on 13 July 19 at 22:58
I am returning the phone on eBay. Thanks to everyone who tried to help with a solution.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.