Game Discussion: Rise of the Tomb Raider (Win 10) Forum

are the 2 achievements still broken/unattainable?

AuthorMessage
F TANK
F TANK
Posted on 05 July 17 at 01:27
Want to get it during the sale but not if it's still screwed up, after DR4 leaving that bad taste in my mouth
F TANK
F TANK
Posted on 09 July 17 at 22:57
Anyone?
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 10 July 17 at 06:36
If they are flagged as such then probably. Nobody has submitted information to the contrary.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 10 July 17 at 06:46
Glad I checked the game page before committing to a purchase during the current sale.

It's been a year since anybody has unlocked either of the two achievements. That will be stopping me from buying the game on both PC and Xbox One.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 10 July 17 at 06:50
Research is good.
F TANK
F TANK
Posted on 10 July 17 at 23:54
thanks for the input, current info on this (or Windows 10 anything for that matter) is either all over the place or just not there. I guess I won't be double-dipping this on
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 20 July 17 at 23:47, Edited on 24 July 17 at 17:35 by ClockWrkPhantom
a bunch won them in May my guess is this it works, the issues were reported back in February

Glitched Achves Preventing Getting 100%

this guy got his to unglitch so yeah its fixed they need to be unflagged
Kane no1 of the 7
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 21 July 17 at 14:02
I think you missed the year, the last time these 2 achievements were unlocked were May 2016.

Golden Child and Way to Go have been patched on Steam but not Windows 10, please go post in their forum to see if they will patch Windows 10 if you can:

http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=253817
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 24 July 17 at 17:27, Edited on 24 July 17 at 17:33 by ClockWrkPhantom
@smrnov has anyone's attempted then since the 20th anniversary update? Or is all of this just from the time they started having issues? And is this issue only for those who started the game at certain time? I.e. If a ran through on a dummy with a fresh tag do you think they would still be bugged? The reason I ask is there have been a few updates and very few even have this version, so I wonder if anyone has even gone back to check
Kane no1 of the 7
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 24 July 17 at 17:38
dieotze74 and I messaged back and forth a lot about these two achievements. He did practically everything to try to get them to unlock, from deleting saves etc, playing a new save, doing them in one go, etc. This was around Feb 2017. You can check the post he made here too: gold medals achievement stucks at 93% after get all gold medals

I myself haven't tried since no one has been able to get these to work for over a year, and based on the SquareEnix forums, it was a known glitch that was introduced at some point (maybe 20th anniversary or earlier) which they have fixed in the Steam version but not the Windows version. I encourage everyone to go post on their forums so they will release the patch to the Windows store. I did notice when I posted it took a couple days for it to show up as I think they approve messages there first.
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 24 July 17 at 17:48
Also, just some further information. If I check my Windows 10 Settings -> Apps -> Rise of the Tomb Raider, it says the version is "10/19/2016".

This coincides with SquareEnix's Patch 9:

[10-17-2016] PC Patch notes for patch 1.0.753.1 (Patch #9)
[Update: as of 10-19-2016, the patch is also available on the Windows Store.]
Patch 10, 11 (which fixed the 2 achievements) and 12 have not been released to the Windows Store.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 30 July 17 at 00:22
Been waiting a few days on Twitter/Steam and no response. Maybe the official forum is the next and perhaps only way to get some attention.

For a game which had exclusive rights to Microsoft, and Microsoft pushing their "we love PC gamers and will right our wrongs" bullshit angle, it's sad to see even them not caring enough to ask the developers how or why there are three major updates missing from the Windows 10 version of the game.

Hell, just fixing the achievements will be a great move and one that will make me buy the game.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 08 September 17 at 11:13
No news whatsoever on a fix? I have yet to receive a response to any comments/messages I have sent to anyone I can find that worked on the game.
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 08 September 17 at 12:02
I check the thread on the SquareEnix forums every week or so and no updates from a mod there about getting the patch for the windows store. The patch for the achievements obviously exists, if they would just patch the game to be on the same release as Steam...
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 20 October 17 at 22:37, Edited on 20 October 17 at 22:46 by Yummy Baklava
And still nothing.

So much for Phil Spencer and Microsoft caring a lot about PC gaming. No one from the studio or even the Xbox team ever respond when asked about the missing updates.

edit.
I've just noticed your post smrnov on the official forums. ;p

This is the CM for Crystal Dynamics.

https://twitter.com/meaganmarie

Maybe a few people asking her could result in a response.
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 07 November 17 at 18:05
old forum link doesn't work posted new here.

https://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=254796
Kane no1 of the 7
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 08 November 17 at 16:50
Thanks for posting the new link, I check every couple weeks-- I'm still holding out hope that they will patch this eventually.
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 18 November 17 at 07:56
smrnov said:
Thanks for posting the new link, I check every couple weeks-- I'm still holding out hope that they will patch this eventually.
Hey did u msg the community manager yet on twitter? I'm not the most twitter savvy.
Kane no1 of the 7
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 22 November 17 at 06:55
Their 'contact us' form on the site sucks!!! But I just used it to ask if Windows 10 will ever get the same updates that has been made available to every other platform/service.

I tried contacting the CM on Twitter as well. That was a month ago. No response.
tebagthedbag
tebagthedbag
Posted on 22 November 17 at 08:00
I can 100% confirm this is still glitched on xbox one as I have gotten every gold medal TWICE and it's stuck at 93% on xbox one.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.