Game Discussion: Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Win 10) Forum

Expert Solver

AuthorMessage
cuddy360
cuddy360
Posted on 06 July 17 at 15:23
How is it possible that someone has this achievement already?
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:18
His motto is "it's a secret" so he's clearly hiding it from us. I know you can set your date forward near the end of a month to play next months challenges (I've had all of July done for the past two weeks or so, but I'm only level 53. I'm gonna mess around with some things in a a few hours and see if I can replicate what he did
cuddy360
cuddy360
Posted on 07 July 17 at 02:08
Thanks Noodles. I think this guy is either a hacker or a cheater. If he found a legit way to get this achievement, he would have shared his method and not kept it "secret".
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 07 July 17 at 14:08
I think you're overestimating people. Many keep their exploits secret because they don't want them to get patched. I'm not sure if it's an exploit, but considering the person purposefully signed up to TA to show it off, it's very suspect.
cuddy360
cuddy360
Posted on 12 July 17 at 01:27
I think I may have figured out the solution for this achievement. I will test it tonight, and if it works I will create a guide.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 July 17 at 03:29
Here's the answer for you...
1) Load up the game with current time.
2) Once the Hub loads, change the system date to the time you want to play, e.g. June 11th, 2016.
3) Load up Daily Challenges.
4) Change the system time BACK to the current time.
5) Complete the challenge. It will count for that day, including XP for the Crossword solved.
6) Once you come back out, it'll complain about the current month ending.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 12 July 17 at 04:10
So the dates need to be in the past, not in the future. I guess they need to be for them to sync.
This space for rent.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 12 July 17 at 04:32
I don't see what the big deal here is... it looks like you'll naturally get this as part of the year-long quest for maps and medals. Unless you're not going for those, just let the levels come naturally...
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 12 July 17 at 05:34
Faster achievements!
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 12 July 17 at 06:27
Heads up guys, this achievement is bugged. I just hit level 80 and no achievement. I played a few extra crosswords but no luck. I'm willing to bet it's gonna require getting to level 100, not 80 (similar to the Wordament achievement). I was level 54 when I started using this method and I got to level 80 in two days (of those 48 hours, 28 of them were spent grinding this). Because of this glitch, it's going to take a hell of a lot more time to get this achievement, because the levels take longer and longer to get by, as your level increases.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 12 July 17 at 08:20
With other games, unlocking an achievement when your time/date is set wrong can cause the achievement to not unlock (or to unlock at some random point in the future -- maybe when real time catches up to your fake date).

(Also, from the solution, if you haven't updated the game since it first came out, you might still have the version that requires level 100 instead of level 80 to unlock.)
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 July 17 at 13:57, Edited on 12 July 17 at 13:57 by Shadow Kisuragi
For Windows 10, it will unlock when you reconnect to the current date, ala Xbox One's offline unlock conditions.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 12 July 17 at 14:28
I hit level 80 when my account was set to a date from the past. Then I set my date to current time, but nothing. The achievement is glitched.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 12 July 17 at 14:35
Also I unlocked the achievement for playing the Daily Challenge every day for a month when my date was set like 3 months prior and it popped before I set my date back to current time. It just didn't sync until then. Expert Solver straight up didn't even pop.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 12 July 17 at 21:50
Shadow Kisuragi said:
For Windows 10, it will unlock when you reconnect to the current date, ala Xbox One's offline unlock conditions.
The issue with this is... you are already playing with it set to the current date when you are awarded the XP, because you have to set your date back to current time when you're in the challenge selection screen. With the patch being released soon, we may expect a fix for this, but I'm going to keep grinding this out until level 100 over the next 2-3 days, just to see what happens. There's no harm in trying, right?
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 July 17 at 21:57
Nope, and we've known that people have had issues with Level 80/Level 100 post patch for the issue as well.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 12 July 17 at 23:18
Well, good news. Just figured out a way to completely automate the entire process with a macro. I'm gonna try my best to make a guide for it tonight. A text guide sounds practically impossible to do for this so I'll probably have to do a video guide. Unfortunately, I don't have a recording software (I can record in-game video but not my other applications with the Windows recorder), so I might have to do the good ol video camera setup. Ill try and make the best use of it though, and hopefully make it reasonably easy to follow and see what's going on.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 July 17 at 23:20
Screencast-o-Matic? It's what I recorded my videos in. I didn't have a microphone setup, but it did the job when I was capturing Project My Screen with my phone on Briquid Mini, and allows direct upload to Youtube for free.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 12 July 17 at 23:35
I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 12 July 17 at 23:39
MACROS FTW.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.