Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Overwatch Officially Announces Doomfist

AuthorMessage
RedDragonSwords
Posted on 06 July 17 at 19:57
Years of waiting is nearly over

Please click here to read the story: Overwatch Officially Announces Doomfist

External link: http://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20861969
CommanderSouza
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:00
this character is badass
[URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/CommanderSouza][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/CommanderSouza.png[/IMG][/URL]
Unrehearsed
Unrehearsed
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:10
First real black character straight out of jail, blizzard knows what's up.
Nonetheless phenomenal character design that is really fitting in both being doom fist and his origin.
Looks a lot fun to play.
PolarBearCA
PolarBearCA
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:25
Unrehearsed said:
I'm sure you didn't mean that to sound racist in any way, right?
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:35
I was playing him on the PTR earlier and he's a blast to play. Can't wait to play him on Xbox.
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:43
PolarBearCA said:
Unrehearsed said:
im sure your not an asshole for jumping the gun implying he racist right?
Kane no1 of the 7
smakzillaa
smakzillaa
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:48
Too bad he's not voiced by Terry Crews
Daredad Crust
Daredad Crust
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:52
smakzillaa said:
Ikr! I was pretty sad. He still looks really fun though.
Unrehearsed
Unrehearsed
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:55
ClockWrkPhantom said:
PolarBearCA said:
Unrehearsed said:
im sure your not an asshole for jumping the gun implying he racist right?
By no means. I'm a huge fan of his whole design, that took Inspiration from dambe fighters. That was just a joke because People are already raging on the Internet that he is in jail as a black man, if at all, People are calling Blizzard racist for that. Dosen't matter he Looks badass and I'm sure he'll be nerfed to the ground two weeks after release to put him in line with the other unplayable characters.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:06
Fooga said:
I was playing him on the PTR earlier and he's a blast to play. Can't wait to play him on Xbox.
He's been on the PTR for just a few hours and I can already tell he has the most game breaking ultimate so far.
So Doomfist was real after all...huh.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:09
smakzillaa said:
Doesn't matter to me tbh. I feel like his Voice Actor is menacing enough. If Terry Crews voiced him I couldn't play Doomfist without thinking of those Old Spice commercials.

Aaaaaaaabdominals.
So Doomfist was real after all...huh.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:26, Edited on 07 July 17 at 01:46 by Dark Death 90
The only Overwatch news I will care about from here out is the news that they will be reversing the destructive nerf to Roadhog. He wasn't even overpowered, but now he's just an ult charge for the enemy team. I'll never understand why they took a capable, role based character and nerfed him into the dirt.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
ParticleDuality
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:30
Dark Death 90 said:
The only Overwatch news I will care about from here out is the news that they will be reversing the destructive nerf to Roadhog. he was even overpowered, but now he's just an ult charge for the enemy team. I'll never understand why they took a capable, role based character and nerfed him into the dirt.
The Roadhog nerf was way too severe. I'm not sure why they felt they need to do that.
RedDragonSwords
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:41
ParticleDuality said:
Dark Death 90 said:
The only Overwatch news I will care about from here out is the news that they will be reversing the destructive nerf to Roadhog. he was even overpowered, but now he's just an ult charge for the enemy team. I'll never understand why they took a capable, role based character and nerfed him into the dirt.
The Roadhog nerf was way too severe. I'm not sure why they felt they need to do that.
Agreed. While being oneshot because of a bullshit hook is not fun, he was the last standing counter against dive compostions.
BAMJEBUS
BAMJEBUS
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:48
Sounds op
smakzillaa
smakzillaa
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:51
RedDragonSwords said:
ParticleDuality said:
Dark Death 90 said:
Agreed. While being oneshot because of a bullshit hook is not fun, he was the last standing counter against dive compostions.
I hate to but in, but he wasn't the last standing counter against dive compositions. Granted he's not the best, but McCree is sort of a counter, not a hard one like Roadhog, then there's Sombra, who literally can shut down the abilities of the diver (plus has great close range damage), plus Roadhog is still a counter for those compositions, much better than McCree is, but not quite as pre-nerf Roadhog. His weapon is automatic and he fires much faster now, he can still take down a Tracer, he may not be as deadly as he used to be, but he's still formidable.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 06 July 17 at 23:32
Ready for the customary two-achievement list for a new character.
smakzillaa
smakzillaa
Posted on 07 July 17 at 00:33
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Hmmm

Predictions

1st achievement: Gain X amount of shields from using punching abilities

2nd achievement: Stun 4/5/6 enemies with the use of Meteor Strike
Heartagram07
Heartagram07
Posted on 07 July 17 at 01:18
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
I'm ready for that & getting up at some crazy hour here in Australia to be able to attend one of the boosting sessions for him
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 07 July 17 at 04:15
Epilepsy Sucks said:
smakzillaa said:
Doesn't matter to me tbh. I feel like his Voice Actor is menacing enough. If Terry Crews voiced him I couldn't play Doomfist without thinking of those Old Spice commercials.

Aaaaaaaabdominals.
Or him singing Thousand Miles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCxdfCydeq0
I should have linked to the White Chicks scene but his performance on Lip Sync Battle was just incredible.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.