Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth Forum

Meteor Mage and Queen of Scorpio, Horn General any good? Help on deck build.

AuthorMessage
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:58, Edited on 13 July 17 at 01:41 by BegFourMercy
I hit a wall at level 49. I had not level 5 cards so I spent 16 packs with of 150 diamonds and pulled below. Are any of this good? What would be a good team going forward? Thanks

5 Star
-----
Meteor Mage
Queen of Scorpio

4 star
----
Priest
Dream Whisper
Armed Rose
Sickle Monster
Mercenary
Dominix

Prior 4 star before the purchases
----------------
Thunderbolt
Turtle Cub
Ganesha
Winged Princess
Time Traveler
Wyvern
Blood Lych
Demon King
Unicorn King
Deep Devourer
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:24
Meteor Mage is legit one of the best cards in the game. Most of use her full time.
Eisenmatt
Eisenmatt
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:38
yeah get MM to lv20 for sure.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 07 July 17 at 01:28
Meteor Mage is great.
Queen of Scorpio has really low hp and has some mediocre skills. I don't recommend it long term, but it can probably help at the point of the game you're at.

Try to get cards from the same faction together so you can use runes that associate with that faction for the most benefit.
pmWolf
pmWolf
Posted on 08 July 17 at 00:32
Metor Mage is spectacular.

QoS...I wouldn't invest much into. It's nice to have a card immune to everything, but you will outgrow it fast. It becomes useless versus 90% of the cards you will soon be running into.
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 08 July 17 at 01:25
In my earlier days, QoS was helpful since I ran a Wilderness deck for a while before getting Heaven Keeper and Meteor Mage (might have been before HK was even released).
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 08 July 17 at 01:46
thanks for the tips. To get Meteor mage past 10, I need another copy of meteor mage?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 08 July 17 at 02:03
BegFourMercy said:
thanks for the tips. To get Meteor mage past 10, I need another copy of meteor mage?
Yes..so just concentrate on level 10 for now.

Sickle monster is a very underestimated card aswell...
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 08 July 17 at 02:22
BegFourMercy said:
That or a Level 10 Universal 5 Star Card. If you save the 100 scraps of Uni 5 Star, the composed Universal 5 Star is immediately at Level 10. I suggest using a Uni 5 Star instead, but that's just me. It's a question of availability of scraps. I find Uni scraps are more common than Meteor Mage and thus is a better option for most players.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 08 July 17 at 08:34
RadicalSniper99 said:
BegFourMercy said:
That or a Level 10 Universal 5 Star Card. If you save the 100 scraps of Uni 5 Star, the composed Universal 5 Star is immediately at Level 10. I suggest using a Uni 5 Star instead, but that's just me. It's a question of availability of scraps. I find Uni scraps are more common than Meteor Mage and thus is a better option for most players.
thanks for the tip...i didnt even know that....if only i had known before i used two heaven keepers to level one to 20 :o(
pmWolf
pmWolf
Posted on 08 July 17 at 16:36
Also, concentrate on level 19 for a while, until you become "resource rich."

That jump from 19 to 20 is amazingly high cost, with little benefit (until much later)
Mr Rodster
Mr Rodster
Posted on 09 July 17 at 00:34
pmWolf said:
Also, concentrate on level 19 for a while, until you become "resource rich."

That jump from 19 to 20 is amazingly high cost, with little benefit (until much later)
To clarify advice I have offered elsewhere:

I have advocated many times for making the push to 20 because those extra bits matter and do make the difference between victory and loss. I want to be clear that I agree with pmWolf: that advice only applies when you have a good stash of resources.

That said, MM is probably the best card in the game at the moment. You will eventually want it at 20, and the earlier you get it there, the faster you start reaping the benefits of it.
pmWolf
pmWolf
Posted on 09 July 17 at 01:09
Agree...MM is one of the best cards, and level 20 is where you will eventually want it.

However, think of how many cards someone could get to level 10 (or even level 15) for the same cost of moving ONE card from 19-20.

For someone just starting to build decks, those resources are better used elsewhere. Heck, I think when I first started getting far into the dungeon, even level 100, I didn't have anything at 20.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 09 July 17 at 01:40
In my opinion, if it's a card you plan on using forever, take it to level 20. (some exceptions may apply). Level 19 to 20 will definitely hurt, but it can make a big difference, especially if it's a card with an attack modifier like Golden Fafnir/Heaven Keeper.

If it's a card you want to just test out, feel free to keep it lower.

I'll give Rod's classic example. A Level 20 Tiamat will survive a Level 20 Heaven Keeper's Concentration attack with 9 HP. A level 19 Tiamat would not survive.

In a game about field advantage, those turns where your cards or their cards survive an extra turn can shift a battle.

Recently, I've had a ranked match battle where I had a Feathered Serpent survive at 3 HP as the frontrunner of my cards until the end of the match. It has a high % dodge and is immune to most spells, so 3 hp may as well have been 10 million hp.

TL;DR: think of attack/hp in breakpoints and that extra atk/hp can help a lot.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 13 July 17 at 01:07, Edited on 13 July 17 at 01:40 by BegFourMercy
Thanks guys for the tips. MMage is at 15. Taking it to 17 takes like 1600 cards. lol. Getting to level 15 helped a lot. I jumped 2500 in pvp ranking.

In my deck bellow notes with an * (mostly because I leveled them up to get other cards) Somehow I am ranked 1798 with this setup.

Do I have any good newer cards that I should start using and swap out what I currently use?

New Cards
5 Stars
---------
Horn General - Use him??

4 Stars
-----
Titan
Mammoth
Diastat
Falcon Archer
Duahan
*Red Dragon
Dryad
Lampade

-------------------------------------------------------
Prior 4 star before the purchases

5 Star
-----
*Meteor Mage
Queen of Scorpio

----------------
Armed Rose
Blood Lych
Deep Devourer
Demon King
Dominix
*Dream Whisper
*Ganesha
Mercenary
Priest
Sickle Monster
*Thunderbolt
*Time Traveler
*Turtle Cub
*Unicorn King
*Winged Princess
*Wyvern

Scrap Progress
---------------------
5 Star (163 Universal)
Phoenix - 54 of 80
Senka - 40 of 80
Genesis - 66 of 80
Fire Drake 38 of 80
The Prophet 42 of 80
Basilisk 36 of 80
Toxic Harrier 40 of 90
Dragon Master 48 of 90
Templar Archon 36 of 90
Bellona 40 of 90
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 13 July 17 at 07:11, Edited on 13 July 17 at 07:57 by TheMaize
one thing you miss is the runes?

What runes do you have? Thats really your next step.

With what you have now, i would try to make a full kingdom deck, with the runes to follow it...
Arctic Freeze is the first rune you then wanna get..
I would then go for perma frost, frost bite, and either flood or clear springs. Until you can afford the ones that require yellow straps...just use flood, clear springs and tsunami with your arctic freeze
Dont concentrate on the runes that require your opponent to have hell cards....hell decks are usualy the easiest to beat, and you want an allround deck.
Levelling the runes are useful, but not critical early on...

You can already make a pretty good 4 and 5 star kingdom deck with what you got...And you are close at getting both a Bellona and a Templar Archon, which are very very useful..and will be for a very long time..(prophet which you can already make, is not a terrible card either)

Try to get an archmage aswell...i know he is a reward from a campaign mission, but dont remember which

Stuff like red dragon and ganesha, is pretty much useless when you get a little further...
I will still say though that Sickle monster can be very very useful for you, until you are at a level where you can fill your deck with 5 star cards. Especially when you dont have a card yet with the infiltrator skill....Put in front of a mammoth or equivalent, its an instantkill when it dies.
Falcon Archer, Armed rose, and diastat is not terrible either...but its cards you will want to change sooner or later, so dont level them above 10.

If you lack the levels to afford the cost of all these cards...put in a few 3 stars like electra eel and griffin. Why they die easily from a direct hit, they can be very useful a bit further down the row, if it means you can afford some cards that can take a bit of punishment in front.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 13 July 17 at 22:23
Thanks the Maize.

Runes
4 Star
-------
Avalanche

3 Star
--------
Gulf
Stone Forest
Fire Offering
Fire Forge
TOrch

So I need to start spending money in the temple?
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 13 July 17 at 22:35
Yes. Runes are expensive to get, but they make a huge difference especially when moving from your current position to harder levels.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 13 July 17 at 22:54
Thanks. It cost 3.5 mill. But I now have:

Arctic Freeze
perma frost
flood
and clear springs

Thanks!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 14 July 17 at 05:26
BegFourMercy said:
Thanks. It cost 3.5 mill. But I now have:

Arctic Freeze
perma frost
flood
and clear springs

Thanks!
You are lucky though...most of us spent 30-50 millions getting 4 of each of the good ones, until they changed it so we could only use one of each...

But i hope you are having some progress now..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.