Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Remaining Halo Games to Join Xbox One Backwards Compatibility With All DLC Free

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:29
Think of the boosting sessions

Please click here to read the story: Remaining Halo Games to Join Xbox One Backwards Compatibility With All DLC Free
SpudimusPrime89
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:33, Edited on 06 July 17 at 21:36 by SpudimusPrime89
Halo 3, not Halo: Reach.
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:34
that's great of them to do something like this for those have been waiting out for some of these to go on sale.
Kane no1 of the 7
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:35, Edited on 06 July 17 at 21:36 by KBop a doo
SpudimusPrime89 said:
Halo 3, not Halo: Reach.
Thanks! toast Looking through the list of all the Halo titles on the site made my head spin laugh Reach has been back-compat for ages of course!
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:37
I thought this was cool too: "Each of these games will include campaign and multiplayer, and will even support LAN play on Xbox One – including LAN play between Xbox One and Xbox 360!"
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:47
Why is every Halo cover having Chief turn more and more clockwise?
Yin
Yin
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:48, Edited on 06 July 17 at 21:49 by Yin
NapalmNiko said:
No Halo Reach :( I loved this one on my brothers XBox 360
Halo: Reach has been backwards compatible for over a year. Go wild!

Cemetery Girls said:
Why is every Halo cover having Chief turn more and more clockwise?
"To give you a full 360 view of what it's like to be the Chief."
The lesser half of the Yin Yang gaming couple. ;)
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:49
NapalmNiko said:
No Halo Reach :( I loved this one on my brothers XBox 360
It's been BC for a while, so you don't have to wait!
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:50
headspin
InundatedDad
InundatedDad
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:51
Happy to hear about the FREE DLC! I already have most of it, but don't think I ever picked up Halo 4's.
derektwopointoh
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:54
Is Halo 2 already backwards compatible? I feel like I'm missing something.
derektwopointoh
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:56
I never knew Halo 2 wasn't released on Xbox 360. I never played until the MCC so I assumed Halo 2 was on 360 since Halo: CE was.
TheOutlawOfOhio
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:56
awesome that's always good news to hear.
~TheOutlawOfOhio~
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:57, Edited on 06 July 17 at 21:58 by Reborn Insanity
Awesome! I need to go back and clean up some of the older games. Especially ODST which has been sitting at 42/47 achievements for years.

derektwopointoh said:
Halo 2 was an Xbox Original game. These are all 360 titles that are now backwards compatible. I think the confusing part is that Halo: Combat Evolved was given an anniversary release on the 360 and the anniversary edition of Halo 2 was part of the Master Chief Collection.
Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor here on TA | Moderator and Newshound on TSA
PistolMcAwesome
Posted on 06 July 17 at 21:59
derektwopointoh said:
Halo 2 was for the original XBox, not the 360. It'll most likely be one of the first original Xbox Compatibility games when they start getting released.
LGS I Hitman
LGS I Hitman
Posted on 06 July 17 at 22:01
2 of the halo reach dlcs are free the other one still has a price, both halo wars dlcs on 360 are free.
Mpphhh mphh mph mphhhh mphhh mhh! - Red Pyro
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 06 July 17 at 22:05
LGS I Hitman said:
2 of the halo reach dlcs are free the other one still has a price, both halo wars dlcs on 360 are free.
Nice! I almost bought the Halo Wars stuff recently, and finally just used it for my Bean Dive. I would have been sad if I'd bought them
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 06 July 17 at 22:22
I just only bought the DLC for Halo: Reach at the beginning of the year as well and also bought the DLC for Halo Wars when it had it's permament price reduction. Oh well...

Hey 343!!

Any chance you can fix this achievement in Halo: Reach?

Halo: ReachA Storage SolutionThe A Storage Solution achievement in Halo: Reach worth 7 pointsUsing the File Browser upload a file to your File Share.

Oh and can you fix the servers on Halo 2 for GFWL please? - Halo 2 (PC) Achievements

That would be very decent since we never knew they we're shutdown until it was too late. Thank you.
Living Legends
Posted on 06 July 17 at 22:22
PistolMcAwesome said:
derektwopointoh said:
Halo 2 was for the original XBox, not the 360. It'll most likely be one of the first original Xbox Compatibility games when they start getting released.
A PC GFWL version is available but MP has been shut down for a. Few years
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 06 July 17 at 22:38, Edited on 06 July 17 at 22:43 by zeldafanjtl
You should edit the article to note that the DLC is already free on the marketplace. https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=halo&Dow...

Even the Halo Wars and Reach DLC is free, except for the Noble Map Pack. I'm assuming that's an oversight.

I think it's a little weird that they're making hay about system link. Wouldn't it be news if it didn't work?

Living Legends said:
PistolMcAwesome said:
derektwopointoh said:
A PC GFWL version is available but MP has been shut down for a. Few years
Only since September 2015.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.