Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 12 July 17 at 03:51, Edited on 12 July 17 at 03:51 by IronFistofSnuff
I don't understand the hate for Minecraft Story Mode or Game of Thrones. I've never even seen the show Game of Thrones, but still absolutely loved the game, I don't understand how it is boring. And MC Story Mode isn't that bad, I felt like the first few episodes were a slog, but 5-8 were pretty interesting and fun. I'll wait until every episode is out before getting season 2 though, I like bingeing these type of games.

Also, there is a much clearer worst Telltale Game. The Walking Dead: Michonne.
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
cheeky 315
235,800 235,800 GamerScore
cheeky 315
Posted on 12 July 17 at 06:04
I went into season 1 with low expectations as I had no interest in minecraft. I ended up loving it, it's one of my favourite TT games. I don't get the love for twau it's my least favourite along with got
Dragonborn Gear
Dragonborn Gear
Posted on 12 July 17 at 11:22
creptor5291 said:
I don't understand the hate for Minecraft Story Mode or Game of Thrones. I've never even seen the show Game of Thrones, but still absolutely loved the game, I don't understand how it is boring. And MC Story Mode isn't that bad, I felt like the first few episodes were a slog, but 5-8 were pretty interesting and fun. I'll wait until every episode is out before getting season 2 though, I like bingeing these type of games.

I must admit that I didn't much like Michonne either, but the biggest problem with Game of Thrones Telltale was every part that had to do with Mira. I couldn't stand her role, her decisions, or her.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 July 17 at 15:18
Dragonborn Gear said:
creptor5291 said:

I must admit that I didn't much like Michonne either, but the biggest problem with Game of Thrones Telltale was every part that had to do with Mira. I couldn't stand her role, her decisions, or her.
This is pretty much the issue I have had with every Telltale game so far, I have only started the majority for the Bean Dive, but up to the 1st achievement seems to be long enough for the particular character you control to make a number of ludicrous choices that I would never make.

I want to try Minecraft SM because the little man loves the actual game so much, but for me personally either make a movie or let us make the decisions, don't pretend our choices have any impact when they clearly don't, other than the mild interest in comparing our choices with those of others.
Legohead 1977
xLil SheWolfx
xLil SheWolfx
Posted on 12 July 17 at 15:49
lfcjohn said:
Great for a straight forward list, going for 360 / x1 / win 10 for 3K GS soon.
I have a strong feeling it won't be on the Xbox 360......no mention of it on Telltale's Twitter account
Gaming 4 Life

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 12 July 17 at 18:50
xLil SheWolfx said:
lfcjohn said:
Great for a straight forward list, going for 360 / x1 / win 10 for 3K GS soon.
I have a strong feeling it won't be on the Xbox 360......no mention of it on Telltale's Twitter account
I think Batman was their last game produced for the previous generation. TWDNF, Guardians and this so far are One/PS4 only I believe.
[Insert clever and humorous comment here]
Evc
489,039 489,039 GamerScore
Evc
Posted on 12 July 17 at 19:01
Skate 323 said:
360 version is out to. Just saw it on xbox.com
I didn't see it when looking at the 360 marketplace.
Skate 323
Skate 323
Posted on 13 July 17 at 00:39
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minecraft-Story-Mo...
BigPete7978
BigPete7978
Posted on 13 July 17 at 01:13
Definitely picking this one up. Almost done with the DLC from the first season.
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 13 July 17 at 01:53
Legohead 1977 said:
Dragonborn Gear said:
creptor5291 said:

This is pretty much the issue I have had with every Telltale game so far, I have only started the majority for the Bean Dive, but up to the 1st achievement seems to be long enough for the particular character you control to make a number of ludicrous choices that I would never make.

I want to try Minecraft SM because the little man loves the actual game so much, but for me personally either make a movie or let us make the decisions, don't pretend our choices have any impact when they clearly don't, other than the mild interest in comparing our choices with those of others.
Some games definitely have more impactful choices than others. That's one of the reasons I loved Game of Thrones, your decisions in the game can lead to different characters surviving or dying through the game, and not just short term either. If you're interested, as I don't want to spoil it for you, there is a discussion on the TA forums for Game of Thrones where people were talking about which of their characters survived, and mine were quite different.

You are right in some degree for others though, like Minecraft: Story Mode. There are small decisions, but nothing that will prove truly costly. Still, it's an enjoyable experience that is worth checking out.

For me, that is what mostly determines how replayable they are, and how likely I am to stack them. I am actually excited to stack Game of Thrones, because I want to make the opposite choices I made through my first run to get different survivors. Whereas, I wouldn't be very excited to have to stack Minecraft: Story Mode, because aside from a few lines of dialog, it'll probably end up the same. (I likely won't stack it, this one takes too long with 8 episode, really only good for 1 playthrough)
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 13 July 17 at 08:27
I might take a look at that forum once I finish GoT, for TWD1 I did two playthorughs and on the whole picked opposing choices, but it pretty much had no overall impact...or didn't feel like it did.

My other issue is when you pick something that seems reasonable and non confrontational, but when they actually say it the delivery is nothing like that.
Legohead 1977
J4M35
J4M35
Posted on 13 July 17 at 15:31
The wolf among us needs a season 2
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.