The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 11th, 2017

  • Posted on 11 July 17 at 02:48Permalink
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    Love this...
    Notorious V.I.G.
  • CornerscoutCornerscout561,732
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 02:53Permalink
    I gotta say, as sad as it is that I'm not interested in anything on sale, I sure don't mind saving money several weeks in a row. laugh
    Among the best in my state and the world. I blog about it, and I tweet about things I take interest in: @Cornerscout
  • sanityendssanityends339,278
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:01Permalink
    I don't get it every week its nothing but whining. If you are not going to buy anything then just do not. There does not need to even be a sale they owe you nothing. Do you go to the store and complain shampoo is not on sale? Of course not. The bitching and complaining is unbelievable.
  • Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:06Permalink
    sanityends said:
    I don't get it every week its nothing but whining. If you are not going to buy anything then just do not. There does not need to even be a sale they owe you nothing. Do you go to the store and complain shampoo is not on sale? Of course not. The bitching and complaining is unbelievable.
    Especially after a huge sale....Those post add nothing of value to this site- I do appreciate the ones w/ recommendations though.
    Hola
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,062,983
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:16, Edited on 11 July 17 at 03:23 by Noodles JrPermalink
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    Well if we assume M, E and H are all equal to an arbitrary value A, then the equation can be rewritten as a 3A=A^3. Divide out an A, so 3=A^2, therefore A=±root3. We also know intuitively that M, E and H can be 0 for the equation to check out, but now we also know they can equal root3 and -root3.

    We know that if two of the variables are equal to 0, then the equation cannot check out as the MEH would always equal to 0, whereas M+E+H would equal a positive or negative integer. However, if one variable is equal to 0, then there are an infinite number of possibilities, if you let those two variables be the same number, but with separate signs.

    If M, E and H are not equal to one another, then we can generalize by saying one of the three variable is larger than the other 2 (we'll say H). Therefore M≤E≤H. With this, we know that 3H≥MEH, and therefore 3≥ME. If 3≥ME, M≠0 and E≠0 then (M,E) can only be (±1,±1), (±1,±2), (±1,±3) (M and E values are interchangeable of course).

    By substituting our points into M+E+H=MEH, then we can find that there are no possible values of H that satisfy (1,1), (-1,-1), but there are H values that satisfy (1,2), (1,-2), (-1,-2), (-1,2), (1,3), (1,-3), (-1,-3) and (-1,3), which are 3, 1/3, 3/4, -1/3, 1/2, -2, -1/2 respectively.

    These are just a few solutions, and technically, thisisgman is infinitely right. He's infinitely wrong too... but still.
  • Dannyboi511Dannyboi511141,736 141,736 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:19Permalink
    BonnieTheBigVig said:
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    Love this...
    Guys, stop. I'm out in public laughing like an idiot reading this.
    Bigdanzo51169 - Happy Gaming!
  • billbillbillbillbillbill721,516
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:24Permalink
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    As a note for Dex... I would say the combat gets quite tedious despite how short of a completion it is so a mere 33% off would not be worth it, in my eyes.
    I disagree. I thought DEX was sweet-as.
    Old-school RPG with a (for once!) decent cyberpunk story & setting. I'm not gonna talk-up the combat, but then it's not a necessary component by any means. Most all of the game can be completed with little-to-no combat, with multiple routes to the objective.

    Basically: It's a simplified, side-scrolling female-led 'Deus Ex' with an open-hub, numerous side-quests and several choice-based, divergent outcomes.

    I felt it was decent-enough to grab at full-price. Would recommend to anyone interested in side-scroller 'Metroid-vania's, sci-fi stories or the artwork.
  • sanityendssanityends339,278
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:32Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    sanityends said:
    I don't get it every week its nothing but whining. If you are not going to buy anything then just do not. There does not need to even be a sale they owe you nothing. Do you go to the store and complain shampoo is not on sale? Of course not. The bitching and complaining is unbelievable.
    Especially after a huge sale....Those post add nothing of value to this site- I do appreciate the ones w/ recommendations though.
    As do I ty all for your recommendations of games. Other than that I have no idea why you post anything.
  • Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:35Permalink
    Noodles Jr said:
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    Well if we assume M, E and H are all equal to an arbitrary value A, then the equation can be rewritten as a 3A=A^3. Divide out an A, so 3=A^2, therefore A=±root3. We also know intuitively that M, E and H can be 0 for the equation to check out, but now we also know they can equal root3 and -root3.

    We know that if two of the variables are equal to 0, then the equation cannot check out as the MEH would always equal to 0, whereas M+E+H would equal a positive or negative integer. However, if one variable is equal to 0, then there are an infinite number of possibilities, if you let those two variables be the same number, but with separate signs.

    If M, E and H are not equal to one another, then we can generalize by saying one of the three variable is larger than the other 2 (we'll say H). Therefore M≤E≤H. With this, we know that 3H≥MEH, and therefore 3≥ME. If 3≥ME, M≠0 and E≠0 then (M,E) can only be (±1,±1), (±1,±2), (±1,±3) (M and E values are interchangeable of course).

    By substituting our points into M+E+H=MEH, then we can find that there are no possible values of H that satisfy (1,1), (-1,-1), but there are H values that satisfy (1,2), (1,-2), (-1,-2), (-1,2), (1,3), (1,-3), (-1,-3) and (-1,3), which are 3, 1/3, 3/4, -1/3, 1/2, -2, -1/2 respectively.

    These are just a few solutions, and technically, thisisgman is infinitely right. He's infinitely wrong too... but still.
    You just broke the internet lol, I read all that and almost made sense of it lol
  • Rhhe82Rhhe82295,844
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 03:40Permalink
    K4rn4ge said:
    If there's only ONE game you buy on sale this week, definitely make it Stardust Galaxy Warriors - only TWO bucks right now & such a great game! Out of the hundreds of indie games I own on Xbox One, Stardust Galaxy Warriors is actually in my personal top 10. Such a steal - dont miss it guys. Also, most of the gamerscore is easy enough but there are a few tricky achs, but nothing too crazy.
    I had never heard of this one until now. Took a quick peek to a gameplay video of this and yeah, looks like it's time to add to my everlasting backlog.
  • GV LocGV Loc472,454
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 04:28Permalink
    Sorry.....the title is wrong. It should be "the xbox one jokes of the week"
    Locanu Barosanu
  • Posted on 11 July 17 at 04:42Permalink
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    haha you said bra
    thisisgman
  • matdanmatdan748,072
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 04:47Permalink
    33% off ain't a sale. I only see 4 games on sale and none I would touch, very happy with that. I need a few weeks to clean out my back-log anyway.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Posted on 11 July 17 at 04:48Permalink
    Noodles Jr said:
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    Well if we assume M, E and H are all equal to an arbitrary value A, then the equation can be rewritten as a 3A=A^3. Divide out an A, so 3=A^2, therefore A=±root3. We also know intuitively that M, E and H can be 0 for the equation to check out, but now we also know they can equal root3 and -root3.

    We know that if two of the variables are equal to 0, then the equation cannot check out as the MEH would always equal to 0, whereas M+E+H would equal a positive or negative integer. However, if one variable is equal to 0, then there are an infinite number of possibilities, if you let those two variables be the same number, but with separate signs.

    If M, E and H are not equal to one another, then we can generalize by saying one of the three variable is larger than the other 2 (we'll say H). Therefore M≤E≤H. With this, we know that 3H≥MEH, and therefore 3≥ME. If 3≥ME, M≠0 and E≠0 then (M,E) can only be (±1,±1), (±1,±2), (±1,±3) (M and E values are interchangeable of course).

    By substituting our points into M+E+H=MEH, then we can find that there are no possible values of H that satisfy (1,1), (-1,-1), but there are H values that satisfy (1,2), (1,-2), (-1,-2), (-1,2), (1,3), (1,-3), (-1,-3) and (-1,3), which are 3, 1/3, 3/4, -1/3, 1/2, -2, -1/2 respectively.

    These are just a few solutions, and technically, thisisgman is infinitely right. He's infinitely wrong too... but still.
    W0W
    thisisgman
  • InfamousInfamous1,100,288
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 04:58Permalink
    Came to look at sales - Left disappointed and with a headache.

    I also still don't know if M+E+H = MEH laugh
  • matdanmatdan748,072
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 05:06Permalink
    thisisgman said:
    Noodles Jr said:
    Twobby said:
    thisisgman said:
    M+E+H = MEH
    You failed algebra didn't you?
    Well if we assume M, E and H are all equal to an arbitrary value A, then the equation can be rewritten as a 3A=A^3. Divide out an A, so 3=A^2, therefore A=±root3. We also know intuitively that M, E and H can be 0 for the equation to check out, but now we also know they can equal root3 and -root3.

    We know that if two of the variables are equal to 0, then the equation cannot check out as the MEH would always equal to 0, whereas M+E+H would equal a positive or negative integer. However, if one variable is equal to 0, then there are an infinite number of possibilities, if you let those two variables be the same number, but with separate signs.

    If M, E and H are not equal to one another, then we can generalize by saying one of the three variable is larger than the other 2 (we'll say H). Therefore M≤E≤H. With this, we know that 3H≥MEH, and therefore 3≥ME. If 3≥ME, M≠0 and E≠0 then (M,E) can only be (±1,±1), (±1,±2), (±1,±3) (M and E values are interchangeable of course).

    By substituting our points into M+E+H=MEH, then we can find that there are no possible values of H that satisfy (1,1), (-1,-1), but there are H values that satisfy (1,2), (1,-2), (-1,-2), (-1,2), (1,3), (1,-3), (-1,-3) and (-1,3), which are 3, 1/3, 3/4, -1/3, 1/2, -2, -1/2 respectively.

    These are just a few solutions, and technically, thisisgman is infinitely right. He's infinitely wrong too... but still.
    W0W
    He is the best math cook in town, only writes in blue ink usually find him in back alleys dealing math equations. 100% pure math equations.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89343,882
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 07:38Permalink
    Tempting to get that Shadow of Mordor GOTY for that price...
  • WildWhiteNoiseWildWhiteNoise1,103,422
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 07:44Permalink
    Figures. Bought RWBY last week for full price just to have it on sale now. Whoever buying it, you're welcome. wink
  • XvalgurXXvalgurX183,280
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 08:18Permalink
    I have this gut feeling that Shadow of Mordor will be a Game with Gold soon...
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89343,882
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 08:33Permalink
    XvalgurX said:
    I have this gut feeling that Shadow of Mordor will be a Game with Gold soon...
    Same, that's why I'm resisting the urge to buy! Would make sense with the new one coming out shortly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.