The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 11th, 2017

AuthorMessage
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 11 July 17 at 09:10
That moment the 360 sales are better than the One sales laughshock
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 11 July 17 at 09:18
Hmm, Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight looks very good, but I wanna wait for more than 30% off.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 11 July 17 at 09:18
Might finally invest in RWBY. That shadow of mordor GOTY offer is insane too! Shame I already have it.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 11 July 17 at 09:19
dropK1CK ninJA said:
No Stranglehold DLC? Worst sale ever. Hard pass.

Side note: Not a hero is an amazing little game.
Midway has been dead for years, that DLC, will never, ever go on sale sadly. I'll never have that game fully completed, I'm not pay 15 bucks for MP DLC.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 11 July 17 at 09:41
MattQuin89 said:
XvalgurX said:
I have this gut feeling that Shadow of Mordor will be a Game with Gold soon...
Same, that's why I'm resisting the urge to buy! Would make sense with the new one coming out shortly.
Hope so. I'm tempted to get it for that price, but I'll never get round to playing it this year so may as well wait and hold out in the hope of it going GWG.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Blaizicus
Blaizicus
Posted on 11 July 17 at 09:45
SoM GOTY For that price is a steal.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:00
sanityends said:
I don't get it every week its nothing but whining. If you are not going to buy anything then just do not. There does not need to even be a sale they owe you nothing. Do you go to the store and complain shampoo is not on sale? Of course not. The bitching and complaining is unbelievable.
I am an assistant manager at a retail store and I can tell you that people do complain that things aren't on sale pretty much every day. "Last time I bought this it was on sale, why isn't it on sale now?" " Can you give me your employee discount?" " What kind of deal can you give me on this?" People are ridiculous.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:50
MattQuin89 said:
Tempting to get that Shadow of Mordor GOTY for that price...
Most definitely worth it, I loved it. Even better since Shadow of War only a few months away.
Wobblo
Wobblo
Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:52
K4rn4ge said:
If there's only ONE game you buy on sale this week, definitely make it Stardust Galaxy Warriors - only TWO bucks right now & such a great game! Out of the hundreds of indie games I own on Xbox One, Stardust Galaxy Warriors is actually in my personal top 10. Such a steal - dont miss it guys. Also, most of the gamerscore is easy enough but there are a few tricky achs, but nothing too crazy.
+1

I picked it up last time it was on sale as I was looking for local co-op game to play with my mate. I hadn't played a shmup since the PS1 days so was sceptical as to whether or not I would get on with it. Played through the first level and my mate and I were wondering what we got ourselves in to as it was particularly uneventful. 4 hours later it turns out that Stardust Galaxy Warriors was the shmup I never realised I needed. With all the RPG style skill/stat upgrades, multiple NG+'s and playthrough-specific achievements, it kept me going back for more (a couple were a little hard for me though). Fantastic soundtrack to boot. This game really revived my interest in the genre. Achievements unlock for all players if anyone is wondering.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:54
Already got Mordor this week, and the highly recommended Stardust from a previous sale...looks like Bug Butcher may be the only possible one.
Legohead 1977
rumandcokeslurp
Posted on 11 July 17 at 12:33
$4.00 for Shadow of Mordor is a great deal! I borrowed the game from my brother, and it's quite good, but I didn't finish it. It's tough...but for $4.00 I should get it and finish it, and anyone who hasn't played it should too!
Rob
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 11 July 17 at 12:59
sanityends said:
ThreeHaddock62 said:
sanityends said:
I don't get it every week its nothing but whining. If you are not going to buy anything then just do not. There does not need to even be a sale they owe you nothing. Do you go to the store and complain shampoo is not on sale? Of course not. The bitching and complaining is unbelievable.
Especially after a huge sale....Those post add nothing of value to this site- I do appreciate the ones w/ recommendations though.
As do I ty all for your recommendations of games. Other than that I have no idea why you post anything.
Sold.
Ask me about my rock collection.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 11 July 17 at 13:03
Me: 'You just did a 72 game Bean Dive, you don't need any more new games.'
Also me: 'Oooh 2 games less than £3, you can't pass on that, right?'

roll
Mame Tobikomi!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 July 17 at 13:13
thisisgman said:
Noodles Jr said:
Twobby said:
thisisgman said:
M+E+H = MEH
You failed algebra didn't you?
Well if we assume M, E and H are all equal to an arbitrary value A, then the equation can be rewritten as a 3A=A^3. Divide out an A, so 3=A^2, therefore A=±root3. We also know intuitively that M, E and H can be 0 for the equation to check out, but now we also know they can equal root3 and -root3.

We know that if two of the variables are equal to 0, then the equation cannot check out as the MEH would always equal to 0, whereas M+E+H would equal a positive or negative integer. However, if one variable is equal to 0, then there are an infinite number of possibilities, if you let those two variables be the same number, but with separate signs.

If M, E and H are not equal to one another, then we can generalize by saying one of the three variable is larger than the other 2 (we'll say H). Therefore M≤E≤H. With this, we know that 3H≥MEH, and therefore 3≥ME. If 3≥ME, M≠0 and E≠0 then (M,E) can only be (±1,±1), (±1,±2), (±1,±3) (M and E values are interchangeable of course).

By substituting our points into M+E+H=MEH, then we can find that there are no possible values of H that satisfy (1,1), (-1,-1), but there are H values that satisfy (1,2), (1,-2), (-1,-2), (-1,2), (1,3), (1,-3), (-1,-3) and (-1,3), which are 3, 1/3, 3/4, -1/3, 1/2, -2, -1/2 respectively.

These are just a few solutions, and technically, thisisgman is infinitely right. He's infinitely wrong too... but still.
W0W

W+O+W = WOW
Alice in Chains
MaurickShepherd
Posted on 11 July 17 at 13:37
Race the Sun is a decent game. It was one of the PS+ games a few years back and has a quick addicting style of dont-crash-into-this-wall sort of gameplay. $2 is worth it, but it isn't an easy 100%.

Shadow of Mordor w/ all the DLC for $4? If you haven't played this game yet, throw away whatever you're playing right now and get on this. This is seriously worth the weeks you will probably spend maxing this game out.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 11 July 17 at 13:43
Guess I'm picking up Stardust, thanks to the glowing comments.
D3m0nF0rc3
D3m0nF0rc3
Posted on 11 July 17 at 13:55, Edited on 11 July 17 at 13:55 by D3m0nF0rc3
MattQuin89 said:
XvalgurX said:
I have this gut feeling that Shadow of Mordor will be a Game with Gold soon...
Same, that's why I'm resisting the urge to buy! Would make sense with the new one coming out shortly.
Probably on sale because of the impending release, perhaps also worth thinking which edition is most likely to be a GWG title if it should ever be a GWG at all, GOTY or standard. Weighing up gaming inudustry sales logistics is nigh on impossible as there are always the odd exception to the rule of "it's all about minting as much as possible from it's customer base" to being completely against the grain where it seems impossible and sales are nil to less, f... it hold that price and never drop it which must have happended many times since the 360 launch.

Chances are it will be on sale again though, maybe...

M+E+H is probably an easier calculus in all honesty.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 July 17 at 14:01
even if shadow comes games with gold there is no way you will get the season pass cheaper than $6 anyhow so it's worth the buy anyhow
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 11 July 17 at 14:02
GV Loc said:
Sorry.....the title is wrong. It should be "the xbox one jokes of the week"
Again this is a site to help gamers. If you don't like what a 3rd party did not TA just keep it to yourself. All it does is create negativity on a fantastic web site.
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 11 July 17 at 14:16
I'll probably pick up Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight...I want Dex as well, but it continues to be stubborn with pricing, but I guess I have to be stubborn too :).
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.