The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: July 11th, 2017

  • Yinga GartenYinga Garten2,037,024
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:46
    Wish they'd go more than 50% on some of the Sonic games. Only picked up Brotherhood DLC this week.
  • gmurda33gmurda331,165,863
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:54
    the season pass for Game of Thrones for 360 is also only $5.99. I scooped that up.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,549,818
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 11:55
    A couple of Sonic titles to add to my previous collection, might go for fighters and 3, especially on gameshare!
    Legohead 1977
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,154,172
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 13:33
    Picked up Sonic the Fighters for the quick points. Already picked up all of the other $2.49 ones in sales years ago, except Sonic Adventure since you can get it on a disc.
  • Tatl360Tatl360333,810
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 14:21
    Mike Pitch said:
    Picked up Sonic the Fighters for the quick points. Already picked up all of the other $2.49 ones in sales years ago, except Sonic Adventure since you can get it on a disc.
    Oh you should check that, because I remember something about the disc version being the version that don't unlock the achievements of the DLC.
    So if you start the game in the Dreamcast Collection version you need to start all over for the extra achievements I guess.
  • drewby05drewby05306,839
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 14:45
    The AC: Brotherhood feels like a "last cash grab" before it joins the GWG club.
  • gmurda33gmurda331,165,863
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 15:02
    drewby05 said:
    The AC: Brotherhood feels like a "last cash grab" before it joins the GWG club.
    i was thinking that too, but i went ahead and picked it up. i had it years ago and even purchased the DLC, just never finished the DLC. so i can get the game for 5 bucks and finish the DLC i already have. i didnt want it to not be gwg and then i miss out on it for 5 bucks. damned if you do, damned if you dont i suppose.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,271
  • gobey17gobey17839,615
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 16:07
    I want Lightning Returns but would like it just a tad bit cheaper. Hmm...
  • JdobemJdobem890,492
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 16:40
    FF needs to be BC. Bought them ages ago and still haven't played them....
    J
  • Posted on 11 July 17 at 17:57, Edited on 11 July 17 at 17:58 by DeadlyName007
    Anyone who wants Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD should get it right now as it's going to be delisted in all platforms next week July 17th according to PC Gamer http://www.pcgamer.com/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-will-be-remov...


    NOTE: I know it says Steam only, but I think it's understandable that it will be removed from all platforms if it's a music license issue.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4578,081
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 18:41
    DeadlyName007 said:
    Anyone who wants Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD should get it right now as it's going to be delisted in all platforms next week July 17th according to PC Gamer http://www.pcgamer.com/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-will-be-remov...


    NOTE: I know it says Steam only, but I think it's understandable that it will be removed from all platforms if it's a music license issue.
    Good catch. There go my hopes of it going BC most likely
  • AlahertAlahert1,327,311
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 20:19
    I'll get some Sonic games, just to prepare before Sonic Mania! laugh
    TWiN$ 777
  • gobey17gobey17839,615
    Posted on 11 July 17 at 21:54
    Tatl360 said:
    Mike Pitch said:
    Picked up Sonic the Fighters for the quick points. Already picked up all of the other $2.49 ones in sales years ago, except Sonic Adventure since you can get it on a disc.
    Oh you should check that, because I remember something about the disc version being the version that don't unlock the achievements of the DLC.
    So if you start the game in the Dreamcast Collection version you need to start all over for the extra achievements I guess.
    That's right, DON'T buy the Dreamcast Collection if you want the dlc achievements for Sonic Adventure to unlock (something to do with having the wrong/badly coded patch that was fixed with the digital version but not the disc).

    I can unfortunately say from my own experience. Have to do the whole game again through the digital version, getting all the chaos emeralds because of the stupid glitch. Been put off doing it though as it was so disheartening to have it happen. cry
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,271
  • Posted on 12 July 17 at 06:20
    AC: Brotherhood is almost the same price as a Hash Brown from my McDonald's here in Sydney.

    Now I can trade in the disc at EB to try and get a dollar for it.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,154,172
    Posted on 12 July 17 at 07:41
    gobey17 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    Mike Pitch said:
    Picked up Sonic the Fighters for the quick points. Already picked up all of the other $2.49 ones in sales years ago, except Sonic Adventure since you can get it on a disc.
    Oh you should check that, because I remember something about the disc version being the version that don't unlock the achievements of the DLC.
    So if you start the game in the Dreamcast Collection version you need to start all over for the extra achievements I guess.
    That's right, DON'T buy the Dreamcast Collection if you want the dlc achievements for Sonic Adventure to unlock (something to do with having the wrong/badly coded patch that was fixed with the digital version but not the disc).

    I can unfortunately say from my own experience. Have to do the whole game again through the digital version, getting all the chaos emeralds because of the stupid glitch. Been put off doing it though as it was so disheartening to have it happen. cry
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll hold off on picking it up until the dlc is on sale again with it. Or maybe it'll become BC and that'll download the working version.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,925
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike175,015
    Posted on 12 July 17 at 12:30
    Less comments on 360 sales than One sales. Does that mean less people using this page for sales info or is there more frustration that needs venting over another poor selection for the One?
    Less work, more play!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,271
    Posted on 12 July 17 at 15:53
    Stevo6483 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Anyone who hasn't picked up Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII &/or Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII should do so now.
    How do the sequels to the first FF13 game? I got 13-2 a while back but never bothered to play it. I've always been wary of FF sequels.
    The sequels are quite good in my opinion. They are much less linear than XIII which was one of the criticisms. XIII-2 uses a much smaller party but adds an interesting twist. There are two main characters but you can capture and coopt adversaries to add to your party. There are no DLCs with achievements but some of the DLC coliseum battles and scenarios are really great. Not only are they very exciting gaming but you have the ability to capture and coopt the adversaries you face and use them in the main game.

    Lightning Returns is a much shorter game than the other two. Lightning Returns provides closure to the trilogy. The ending is climactic with Lightning achieving true heroic stature.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.