Game Discussion: NBA 2K17 Forum

Rival Day Achievement

AuthorMessage
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 11 July 17 at 14:14
Hey there.

I know a ton of people have completed the Represent Achievement ("Win 3 Rival Day Games in MyPark") and have not received the achievement popping on your account.

Unfortunately, no good news here as I believe there will not be another Rival Day event. I have sent a ticket to 2Ksupport regarding this issue to see if it could be manually popped (or really anything to get us the achievement that we rightfully earned, but happened to be with the incorrect affiliation in MyPark).

Their response to my initial ticket was that they have notified the development team and that it will be worked on for a solution. Unfortunately, they don't have a timetable on when it will be addressed.

I responded back by saying that I'm assuming there will be no more Rival Days since the twitter accounts have gone MIA and no notice has been given and also mentioned that the development team probably won't get to it as they are going to be working strictly on '18 rather than looking back at '17. I wanted to see if there was anything they could do in order to fix it or manually pop it.

No response yet, but will keep everyone updated.
K1LL3R BEEZ
K1LL3R BEEZ
Posted on 14 July 17 at 01:35
I won 5 games in a row with a team during one Rival Day weekend and i got neither the 3 wins or 5-game win streak achievements. While I hope that maybe they issue some kind of patch that does pop it for those of us who met the requirements, I'm not gonna hold my breath. The achievement should be labeled as Discontinued at this point.
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 14 July 17 at 13:46
I got another response with the exact same message. It was literally copied and pasted on.

Seems like I'll be one achievement away from Completion when this is all said and done.
flyerCLE
flyerCLE
Posted on 14 July 17 at 21:43
Are we certain there is no more rival days ahead?
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 14 July 17 at 22:29
I am not certain, but it has been 3 weeks and I've looked at all the winners of this achievement and it seems that people have won it 2-3 weeks after the previous set of winners (so, Rival Day is every 2-3 weeks). This will now be 4 weeks since the last Rival Day and it has not been this long the entire year.

Plus, I mentioned that in my support ticket and they ignored me by stating to pay attention to 2K's Twitter account in which I responded by letting them know that they did not mention it whatsoever (then, they ignored me again).
OldTomMeGusta
OldTomMeGusta
Posted on 23 July 17 at 21:41, Edited on 23 July 17 at 21:42 by OldTomMeGusta
I don't like it... In my opinion in servers' lifetime 2K is the worst franchise in the history of gaming. Players are nothing for them.
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 24 July 17 at 04:51
Welp, it's been a month since the last Rival Day, so I'm assuming it's safe to say that there won't be anymore. Unless they can manually pop the achievement, looks like the majority of players will be at a loss. It's a shame to see that I'm going to be 1 achievement shy of a completion again in the 2K series due to random glitches.
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 26 July 17 at 01:51, Edited on 26 July 17 at 13:42 by AblazeWhisper44
Been in contact with both 2K and Microsoft today. 2K mentioned that in order to pop it, I would have to go to Microsoft. Microsoft Support went through the usual achievement fixes: Removing Profile and re-adding it, hard shut down, and re-installing the game. Did all of it and no achievement.

Microsoft then told me that they cannot manually pop achievements and that I would have to go back to 2K in order to get them to pop it by showing I've met the requirements..

Edit: Went back to 2K and they basically said my issue was too difficult and gifted me 10K VC and suggested going back to Microsoft...
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 27 July 17 at 05:03
Made quite a bit of progress with Microsoft. They are sending the issue up to higher support to get it looked into. I was told I would be updated within 1-2 days on the issue.
flyerCLE
flyerCLE
Posted on 28 July 17 at 19:52
At least some progress is being made
K1LL3R BEEZ
K1LL3R BEEZ
Posted on 03 August 17 at 06:28
Any updates on the situation?
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 03 August 17 at 13:41
Currently not much. Microsoft continues to tell me to talk to 2K, but 2K has told me they will no longer respond to any of my tickets regarding the achievement.

Microsoft has bumped my ticket up to the higher support a few times, but I keep getting the same response to go talk to 2K, so I feel like the higher supports aren't fully reading/understanding the issue.
OldTomMeGusta
OldTomMeGusta
Posted on 03 August 17 at 20:04
Maybe I'm stupid but I'm still hoping for one more Rival Day :/
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 04 August 17 at 04:21
Same here. It's a simple solution to add in a few more Rival Days if they can't patch the bug.
OldTomMeGusta
OldTomMeGusta
Posted on 04 August 17 at 05:40
Probably too difficult for these hamsters from 2K
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 04 August 17 at 17:00
Just got informed that they're going to bring my complaint to the management team over at 2K to see if another Rival Day can be added in. If so, there's some hope that everyone can switch to Rivet to get this achievement.
K1LL3R BEEZ
K1LL3R BEEZ
Posted on 04 August 17 at 19:18
Man. I know I'm barely at Pro 4, but I'd hate to switch and lose any progress towards Superstar. I'm sure this was a simple coding error too, like the game not adding a win to your Rival Day win total in the correct manner.
flyerCLE
flyerCLE
Posted on 04 August 17 at 22:12
Can it not be done in Old Town?
AblazeWhisper44
Posted on 05 August 17 at 01:17
All I've heard is that Rivet is the one park that can unlock it. I'm not sure about Old Town.

I'm fairly certain that Sunset cannot get the achievement because I won more than 40 games on Sunset and nothing. Plus, a bunch of people have stated that they're with Sunset, but they haven't unlocked it either.
K1LL3R BEEZ
K1LL3R BEEZ
Posted on 05 August 17 at 06:21
I'm in Old Town. Won 5 games in a row back in March or April and nothing. My counter reset after the third win.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.