Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Split collection games into pieces

AuthorMessage
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 16 July 17 at 02:42
There are a number of games (mostly re-releases) which are really multiple games joined together. (The most obvious that I know of are Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection and Halo: The Master Chief Collection )

It would be nice if the achievements were split apart into 'chunks' (kinda like title updates or DLC) so you could get completion notification, stats, ratings, and times for each title within the collective.

(The collection would still count as one game and all of the 'chunks' would count towards your played/owned stats, not just the parts you started. All this would really do is separate the lists so you can see which achievements you need to aim for in each game and give feed items/stats for each piece.)
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 16 July 17 at 12:16
You can see the achievements for each individual game in the achievement flag/View drop down for both of the games you mentioned and several others.
Game On.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 16 July 17 at 13:41
Oh wow I didn't know that existed! Thanks for the info
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:35
It's only for some games. The two mentioned above, Rare Replay and The Orange Box, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection are the only ones I know of. It's usually big collection games like those that have multiple games and a lot of achievements.
Game On.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:44, Edited on 16 July 17 at 14:44 by JamP0und32
I didn't know that existed...
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 16 July 17 at 15:13, Edited on 16 July 17 at 17:38 by Mike Marcelais
Nor did I. So all of the raw data is there ... all that's left is the FF notification for each part.

Something like: "Mike Marcelais has finished Assassin's Creed II in Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection and is the ..."
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 16 July 17 at 17:33
The grouping is something we have to manually do on the GI side. Just give us a heads-up and we can set it up, but it's not something we've done often. We should probably go through the games with the Collection Genre and do this...
Our Afflictions
Posted on 17 July 17 at 01:58
Mike Marcelais said:
Nor did I. So all of the raw data is there ... all that's left is the FF notification for each part.

Something like: "Mike Marcelais has finished Assassin's Creed II in Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection and is the ..."
I personally don't like that idea. I feel like the game completion as a whole should be the only things with notifications unless you split them into separate DLC categories, but I don't really like that either.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 17 July 17 at 02:20
Our Afflictions said:
Mike Marcelais said:

I personally don't like that idea. I feel like the game completion as a whole should be the only things with notifications unless you split them into separate DLC categories, but I don't really like that either.
I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand I would like to see "FFX Brotherhood has finished Halo: CE Anniversary in Halo: The Master Chief collection" when I do it, just as a small recognition for my own self, but on the other hand I'd definetly say it's not necessary. Purely cosmetic, would just be a nice thing I guess.
I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 17 July 17 at 09:34
Mike Marcelais said:

I actually do quite like this. If there is a way of filtering them out already it wouldn't take much work to build a leaderboard for it and track gamers. Would be a good way of breaking up the games in the collection whilst appreciating that it is also one title. People could then have goals to complete a particular game in the collection too.
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 17 July 17 at 15:09
OMG I DID NOT KNOW THAT EXISTED!!! Thank you @JumboWario

That was literally the ONE THING that I felt xboxachievements was better than TA. Because they break it up. SO AWESOME! Thanks!
www.instagram.com/grandnoble
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 18 July 17 at 01:00
I think this thread has just let everyone know you can filter the achievements by game when it's part of a big collection. Unintended victories FTW laugh
matdan
matdan
Posted on 18 July 17 at 11:29
FFX Brotherhood said:
I think this thread has just let everyone know you can filter the achievements by game when it's part of a big collection. Unintended victories FTW laugh
Every half a year I need to be reminded of all the new features on this site, I just noticed gaming session cloning and metroidvania genre.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 18 July 17 at 13:02
matdan said:
Every half a year I need to be reminded of all the new features on this site, I just noticed gaming session cloning and metroidvania genre.
Wait, what's gaming session cloning? shock
Game On.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 18 July 17 at 13:13, Edited on 18 July 17 at 13:14 by matdan
JumboWario said:
matdan said:
Wait, what's gaming session cloning? shock
The ability to clone sessions so let's say you have 100 sessions you need to create to get your 40K kills in Battlefield Hardline but you don't want to put in all the information each time. Just click the clone session button and it will save you entering 10 plus things each time. Pretty awesome actually.

The only thing you need to add to each one is the notes which you can copy and paste in. Surprised though that it doesn't copy that as-well otherwise you don't need to change anything else.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 18 July 17 at 16:08
Good to know.
Game On.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:20
I was also not aware of this feature, I knew it was being asked about but not that it had been implemented.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted yesterday at 09:15
Haha this has become an informative thread! I didn't know about these things either but I am now going through AC Ezio Collection filtering on the game I'm currently playing and it's really useful.

matdan said:
FFX Brotherhood said:
Request this in the site wishlist in a new thread! I would love to see something pop up in the TA Site news that recaps all the changes made within the last quarter - this will make sure we all know about things like this!
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted yesterday at 09:46
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
I would love to see something pop up in the TA Site news that recaps all the changes made within the last quarter - this will make sure we all know about things like this!
https://www.trueachievements.com/siteupdates
Game On.
Mike Marcelais
Posted yesterday at 10:06
You mean this: Site Update Log And Gaming Session Improvements

[And apparently, you noticed the cloning feature just before it was announced.]
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.