Game Discussion: Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Forum

I have to buy the game again?!

AuthorMessage
VirusTk GaMBit
Posted on 16 July 17 at 10:55
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the same issue. I got the game back in the day when it was free. Completed all the achievements and the story and uninstalled it and had it in the "ready to install" section.

Today I was browsing through the gamepass games and saw that there was a price shown for Max. I went into my "ready to install" section just to see that Max was nowhere to be found. In fact my Xbox says that I don't own the game and that I have to buy it for 15€.

Pretty strange since my gamercard still shows all the achievements as unlocked.

I don't really care for the game anymore but it made me curious if the new gamerpass could mean that they lock the GwG titles again.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:13
I don't know this gamepass menu you say, but have you tried the normal store to see if it says acquired?
Other Gold games, Evolve and Project Cars also don't show up in my ready to install but in the store I can install them.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:38
You need an active gold subscription to play GwG games on Xbox One. You don't 'own' them like you do on 360. Maybe yours was expired.
Game On.
VirusTk GaMBit
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:52
Yeah I was in the store and it shows a price of 15€. I know about the gold subscription and mine is still active. All the other GwG games are still in my library. It is only this one. Don't know what is going on there.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:54
VirusTk GaMBit said:
Yeah I was in the store and it shows a price of 15€. I know about the gold subscription and mine is still active. All the other GwG games are still in my library. It is only this one. Don't know what is going on there.
did you get it WAY back in the days, when it was one of the first GWG games? or did you change region and grap it one of the 2000 times it was GWG in japan?
if its the later, you might have to change region for it...or they could have removed access if you dont have a japanese account
VirusTk GaMBit
Posted on 16 July 17 at 15:47
I have never done the region changing trick. According to my achievement time stamps, it must have been a GwG in 2014. That's when I played it.
Stig Assassin
Stig Assassin
Posted on 16 July 17 at 18:59
I had that happen to me with Evolve: Ultimate Edition. Picked it up for free and a few weeks later the store is asking me to pay full price. Thankfully I have no interest in the game.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 16 July 17 at 19:03
If you grabbed it by changing your region to Japan like I did, you will probably have it taken off you. I got it back from the game pass to finish it off.

Not sure what to say if you got it when it was originally GWG
I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 16 July 17 at 19:17
Stig Assassin said:
I had that happen to me with Evolve: Ultimate Edition. Picked it up for free and a few weeks later the store is asking me to pay full price. Thankfully I have no interest in the game.
my evolve version is the main game + all dlc, not the ultimate ed.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 17 July 17 at 04:32
It should be on the website.
On the right side: My Xbox > My games. Then click view all in the Xbox One list and browse the pages.
If not, maybe you bought it with another account.
VirusTk GaMBit
Posted on 17 July 17 at 06:11
I think I will call MS about this. It is listed on the website. I can still see the time I have spent with the game, the achievements I have unlocked, the times I have died etc. But the game itself is locked.

I have never bought a game with another account than this one. :-D
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 17 July 17 at 06:47
VirusTk GaMBit said:
I think I will call MS about this. It is listed on the website. I can still see the time I have spent with the game, the achievements I have unlocked, the times I have died etc. But the game itself is locked.

I have never bought a game with another account than this one. :-D
i suggest you do...even though it doesnt particularly bother you...it might bother other people possibly affected...If the ticket then manages to get elevated to the right people, is another question though
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 17 July 17 at 09:26, Edited on 17 July 17 at 09:27 by I8ITackyticsI8I
Have you tried going through to purchase it on xbox.com? On here if you go to try to buy it and it comes up with a price and shows your payment method (card or PayPal) then don't own it, otherwise it will say "this item has been purchased recently"

You can also check your purchase/download history on Xbox.com.
Stig Assassin
Stig Assassin
Posted on 17 July 17 at 16:51
Twinkling82 said:
Stig Assassin said:
They gave away the Ultimate Edition in March so that's what it should be.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 17 July 17 at 16:58
Stig Assassin said:
Twinkling82 said:
Stig Assassin said:
.. yet it's not. I do not own the ult. ed, I can't download it, but I was able to get all the content individually.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 17 July 17 at 17:10
Twinkling82 said:
Stig Assassin said:
Twinkling82 said:
Stig Assassin said:
.. yet it's not. I do not own the ult. ed, I can't download it, but I was able to get all the content individually.
Must be a regional thing..i got the ultimate edition from gwg, and all the content installed automatically
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 17 July 17 at 17:12
I had the base game installed as I owned that.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 17 July 17 at 17:19
Twinkling82 said:
I had the base game installed as I owned that.
Yeah...then you obviously just needed to "download all content" which should give you all dlc included in the ultimate edition.
The ultimate edition is not a separate game...so of course you wouldnt have to download the game again.
ezhno
ezhno
Posted on 17 July 17 at 23:37
Content ownership issues like this are not new and happened before the Xbox One was released. I can't tell you a cause or a reason because it always appears to happen randomly. The solution that Xbox Support most often advises is for you to repurchase the game while in the support chat/call with them and then they will refund the cost to your account. That's been the process every time I've had to do it.

They seem to treat it as a case by case scenario and so the amount of support requests for the issue are unlikely to result in sparing anyone else the hassle. However, it is worth noting that you may have to prove to them that you purchased the items. I've had them claim I never purchased items even when forwarding the E-Mail received from doing so and having it show up on my account. As usual, you may have to argue to get them to make it right.

Outside of this, I don't have much to add.
VirusTk GaMBit
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:30
Thanks, I ll do that. I hope the unlocked achievements on my account are proof enough? Since I downloaded it when it was free with GwG I don't have any e-mail confirmation or anything comparable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.