Game Discussion: Watch_Dogs 2 Forum

Watch_Dogs 2 Multi-Genre Discussion

AuthorMessage
Posted on 16 July 17 at 12:02
Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
Posted on 16 July 17 at 12:05
Jackimo1999 has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Stealth and Action-Adventure should be added to bring this game into line with its predecessor, Watch_Dogs. The stealth and A-A elements are more prominent in this game than the original.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:58
personally i believe there is LESS stealth in this, as the skills makes it a lot easier to just gun through everything (or get others to do it)

But that doesnt change the fact that i agree in Jackimos suggestion, as it still fits in both genres
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 17 July 17 at 05:17
It's probably deserving of stealth though I'll point out that I Zerg rushed everything with my machine gun if I could.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 17 July 17 at 06:16, Edited on 17 July 17 at 06:17 by TheMaize
Eurydace said:
It's probably deserving of stealth though I'll point out that I Zerg rushed everything with my machine gun if I could.
Zerg rush? by building lots of small machineguns fast, and attack your opponent before he has his defenses up?

On a serious note...
stealth fits the sites definitions. And surely does it better than other examples that have been flagged stealth like f.ex far cry 4. So if nothing else, do it for consistency.

The reason NOT to flag here, would be based mainly on the difficulty of the game, instead of the mechanics. There is no doubt that the developers intention is that you take a stealthapproach to all your missions, and you are punished for not doing it.
That the difficulty of the game is then laughable, so most people (including me) would just gun through it to save time, shouldnt affect how the game is flagged IMO. (again, the same can be said about far cry, which is the reason i havent been "fighting" that flag)
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 18 July 17 at 06:09
I was actually using the WoW version of the term which basically means rushing in full force without regard for the mechanics or abilities of your enemies.
Zonrith1
Zonrith1
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:42
Guys, please comply with Starcraft common usage for terms like Zerg, out of respect for the term's origins. wink

Agree with the submission. Recommendation:
Add: Action-Adventure; Stealth
Eclectic Gamers Podcast: http://eclecticgamers.com
Jackimo1999
Jackimo1999
Posted on 23 July 17 at 01:25
So what's happening with this? It's now been a week and no one opposes adding these genres but there's been no public activity so are action-adventure and stealth getting added or not?
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 23 July 17 at 02:02
Zonrith1 said:
Guys, please comply with Starcraft common usage for terms like Zerg, out of respect for the term's origins. wink

Agree with the submission. Recommendation:
Add: Action-Adventure; Stealth
Hey now. I'd say that its adopted meaning from another Blizzard title is certainly fair game and generally more applicable!
Zonrith1
Zonrith1
Posted on 23 July 17 at 04:49
Jackimo1999 said:
So what's happening with this? It's now been a week and no one opposes adding these genres but there's been no public activity so are action-adventure and stealth getting added or not?
Still is awaiting another GT member to have the time to examine the thread. If they concur with the changes, then they will move forward. If they disagreed then a third will need to take a look and ideally the tie would be broken.
Jackimo1999
Jackimo1999
Posted on 01 August 17 at 00:20
It has now been a week since it's been a week. For those following along at home, that means a fortnight. How busy are the other members of the genre team? This is a clear cut case. It shouldn't be taking this long.
Zonrith1
Zonrith1
Posted on 01 August 17 at 02:56
I cannot speak for the schedules of the rest of the team. I can only confirm that the submission remains in the official queue for another set of eyes, and apologize for the delay.
Zonrith1
Zonrith1
Posted on 01 August 17 at 13:36
Clown agreed and already added the A-A and Stealth tags to the game. Thank you everyone for your patience.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.