Game Discussion: All 4 Forum

Can't Re-Download After Newest Update - Delisted?

AuthorMessage
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:22, Edited on 16 July 17 at 14:33 by BulgyDragonZord
For me, I was never prompted to download the newest XBox One Dashboard update that allows you to use your Custom Gamer-Picture, so I thought today I'll do it manually.

Now I've been using All 4 prior to the update throughout all of June to get the remaining achievements I needed. And also take a break from gaming here and their.

When the update for the console was finished, I noticed All 4 wanted an Update. So I thought "OK" and decided to download it. I loaded All 4 and I noticed the whole App after proceeding through it has changed the menu of it and it now doesn't show Achievement Progression when you press the cn_guide. So I thought "Uh Oh" and maybe it needed a deletion and redownload. So I deleted it off my console.

When I went into Store and searched for the App, I found All 4 and when I click it, it says "You Own This Product" but it doesn't have a Download Button tied to it. I've tried as well searching for All 4 and not had any results in the search category.

I then restarted my XBox One and searched for All 4 again, the same problem as above occurs. I then finally as a last result loaded my dummy account which is on the same console and went and looked for All 4. Now here is an interesting outcome, any App that's stored on that page that's Free says "Free". All 4 however didn't have the word "Free" underneath it. I clicked it with my dummy account and it says "This Title Is Not Currently Available".

So has this happened to anyone? And has anyone managed to solve this situation? More importantly are the achievements discontinued & is the App now de-listed completely?

As you can imagine I'm not pleased by this and in a close moment of rage, because the final achievement I needed on this App is at 94% completion. If this is discontinued I've wasted a month of my life dedicating to this App.

Many Thanks

EDIT - I've just used my younger brothers console which hasn't got the latest update. It didn't prompt me for it. I've checked the right side in the Store to see if All 4 is listed. When I found it, like said earlier it doesn't have the word "Free" underneath it, preventing a download. So I think it's possible for now that the App is de-listed.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:55
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/all-4/9wzdncrfhwc9

Can you download it onto your console from that link?
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 16 July 17 at 16:23
Shadow Kisuragi said:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/all-4/9wzdncrfhwc9

Can you download it onto your console from that link?
Tried it and I've also ticked the message "Keep XBox & App's Up To Date" but it has made no difference. I'll try again later on after a reboot or something.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 16 July 17 at 21:38, Edited on 16 July 17 at 21:39 by BulgyDragonZord
Shadow Kisuragi

Thanks for your help.

I've followed what you said. I installed it to my Surface Pro Windows 10 and then after it downloaded, I clicked on "Install On XBox One". When I signed in it managed to download to the console.

I've checked the Store and it looks as though it's still not available, this seems to be the only way right now in which you can get it.

I've also checked the Achievements when I loaded it, but it doesn't list the achievements at all? Have a bad feeling they are discontinued.

The only other solution I'm going to try and do tomorrow is load up my brothers account, sign myself in and see if I can get All 4 on that. If I can I'll load it and see if I can get the old version. His console doesn't have the newest dashboard update yet, but I do not know if I do this, if it will give the old version of All 4 or the new one.

So potenially unless I was to get the achievement by surprise with this new update, or if they do a update, I fear this App might join the rest of the discontinued achievements. I'd be annoyed with that as you can imagine.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 16 July 17 at 21:41
People are still unlocking them, so it seems it's still working in some fashion. At least from what I looked at for data 3 days ago.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 16 July 17 at 21:48
Shadow Kisuragi said:
People are still unlocking them, so it seems it's still working in some fashion. At least from what I looked at for data 3 days ago.
It's hard to say I admit bud because they may have not got the newest XBox One Dashboard update at prompt. I didn't I'll admit, I just chose to get it because I wanted to have a new Gamer-Picture... which I got.

I'm watching something now on All 4 and when I press the cn_guide button and look at Achievements, it says "Launch a game to see achievements". Interestingly I've got All 4 & Demand 5 Player as my most recent App's used. When I press cn_start on Demand 5 Player it says "Pin" and "Manage App". All 4 says "Pin" and "Quit" when I press cn_start on it.

I'm just freaky as you can tell because I might have shot myself in the foot with an update that could screw me around with the achievements, especially since I'm that close to being done with it. In addition I'm 94% done, that damn close to the final achievement.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 16 July 17 at 22:02
Yeah, unfortunately, it's not something we know about until it actually happens. cry
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 16 July 17 at 22:07
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Yeah, unfortunately, it's not something we know about until it actually happens. cry
I'll try what I said tomorrow if I can and see if I can gain access to the channels. Hopefully when someone reads this they can provide some more input as well. But now that this is the case, I'm going to get Demand 5 Player done and possibly this out the way with all achievements. I know they're pointless, but I was relying on these as some sort of a completion I needed to do.

Thanks for everything today bud anyhow.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 17 July 17 at 02:07
Many apps are transitioning to UWP apps which for some ungodly reason don't support achievements.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/GTASC-2017
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 17 July 17 at 09:49
planting42 said:
Many apps are transitioning to UWP apps which for some ungodly reason don't support achievements.
Absolute joke IMO. You've got Microsoft Solitare, Age Of Empires and some others that are UWP that support achievements. So it shouldn't be hard to sort out the achievements into UWP for the Apps. But then again I guess MS doesn't care anymore.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 17 July 17 at 17:16
I've just managed to use my younger brothers console to see if I can get the old version to load up. His console does not have the latest XBox One Dashboard update. I signed in my account on that console and it took me awhile, but eventually I managed to get All 4 downloaded to his console. The outcome is when I loaded it, it was the latest version of All 4, which like me does not include the list of achievements for the App if you press the cn_guide button and scroll to achievements.

So it looks as though this new update for All 4 has gone ahead, whether or not you got the latest XBox One Dashboard downloaded to your console. Additionally I've noticed people unlocking achievements as of 2 days ago, but no one's got an achievement on this App yesterday or today at the time of writing.

Despite all of this though, one interesting pointer I've discovered is that last night on my Windows 10 Surface Pro, I downloaded what was supposed to be the latest version of All 4. I've tried searching for it again and it gave me another version to download for Free, even though I've got the latest version. It turns out this is the old version of All 4. Now I currently have 2 versions of All 4 stored on my Surface Pro. Sadly though before you even think of saying, the old version of All 4 I've downloaded does not allow me to "Install On XBox One". Only the newest version I downloaded yesterday allows me to do it.
And what's another conclusion among this? The newest version of All 4 has been removed on the Windows Store now, leaving us just downloading the old version that cannot be transferred to the XBox One, whereas the new version that got removed recently allows you to install it to the XBox One.

This is all weird, but I guess there's still some hope... I hope.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 17 July 17 at 17:40
The link I sent you was the UWP version of All 4. It sounds like the original, Xbox One, version likely no longer exists unless you can find someone with the old version.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 17 July 17 at 19:16
Shadow Kisuragi said:
The link I sent you was the UWP version of All 4. It sounds like the original, Xbox One, version likely no longer exists unless you can find someone with the old version.
Oh b******s. Wish I never accepted the update for All 4, having said that though I couldn't even run it without the update. Hopefully some sources will fly out from people, Microsoft or Channel 4 and hopefully an outcome will be revealed soon enough.

I'm working on Demand 5 Player now. Not taking any chances.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 28 July 17 at 20:02
I have decided to take a chance and see if I get an outcome from a different source. I have placed an article in one of the forums on XBox.com to see if someone on their end could give me a message and details upon what's the story towards this App and also see if there is a solution around this problem. Otherwise the fate of this App and the achievement in particular could be slim...

https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/ecf76762-3bc7-4e8b-86a0...
burlingtonarrow
Posted on 15 August 17 at 18:13
This app is no longer available and all the achievements are no longer unlocking or even tracking .
I used this to watch over 10 hours of programming over the weekend and nothing registers.
So give up on it, it's finished.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 06 September 17 at 20:51
It's safe to say the newest updates for it have re-listed it on the marketplace. But in order to use it, you are prompted to assign a E-Mail address to use on the XBox One console and profile you've got.

It also looks as though the achievements are still not validated for it. I think I'm going to sign up for it and see what happens cause I still like using it to watch some comedy time to time. Other than that, if it doesn't work and no more responses or solutions come through, then I guess these achievements are Discontinued. Shame.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.