Game Discussion: Titanfall Forum

Can most of this game be double boxed?

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 July 17 at 20:45
Hey guy's I'm thinking of starting this game soon. From what I understand the online is completely dead. Can most of it be double boxed with a dummy acccount?

What can and can't be done?

Thanks,
Dylan
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 16 July 17 at 22:18
Most of it can be, campaign needs 4 to start, ranked badges need full/near full lobbies and some of the challenges like gooser are far easier with a 3rd or 4th person. Frontier defense is alot easier with 3 or 4 aswell.

I would be willing to do the campaign portion if you are interested.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 18 July 17 at 01:14
I've been double boxing it on and off again for about a year. It's not that easy to do. Stuff like Pilot Hunt is easy enough. But the campaign stuff, ranked and a few others are a pain. Refuge can be tough if randoms jump in and the ones for getting kills while things are active. Stuff like:

TitanfallCold DesertThe Cold Desert achievement in Titanfall worth 66 pointsKill 10 Pilots while Active Radar Pulse is active on Sandtrap

TitanfallOverkillThe Overkill achievement in Titanfall worth 108 pointsKill 15 titans while you have a Titan Burncard active on Haven
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Failure Online
Posted on 26 February 18 at 00:32
Struggling to connect to myself on this game. I have no problem on others like Gears Ultimate and Killer Instinct. Anybody have any tips?
Pankerizate
153,787 153,787 GamerScore
Pankerizate
Posted on 19 April 19 at 19:59
Does anyone know how long this would take bu double boxing?
Failure Online
Posted on 19 April 19 at 20:06
I ended up being able to double box after getting faster internet. Still took a large amount of time. I want to say maybe even 100 hours but I don't quite remember. I have nearly 140 total but actually played the game some when it first came out
Pankerizate
153,787 153,787 GamerScore
Pankerizate
Posted on 21 April 19 at 22:58
Thanks!
Any advice before I start it?
Failure Online
Posted on 21 April 19 at 23:41
I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind but right now all I can think of is to work on other challenges in addition to your regen requirements, because for gen 1-7 and maybe 8 if you boost or dual box you probably will not gain enough experience to get level 50, so that's where a lot of the time comes from. Easy ones are arc grenade kills and titan executions. Make sure to go for headshots instead of just body shots because of the challenge.
te5s3rakt
te5s3rakt
Posted on 22 April 19 at 04:06
I've double boxed almost everything so far.
I'd recommend doing the Pilot's titan weapon challenges each Gen. Each weapon only needs 10 kills. So 2/4 of the weapons are kills only, the other two have critical hit challenges.

And double up challenges while you do them to speed things up. Like when doing pilot kills, cloak both your character (your levelling up) and your alt (second box). That'll work on cloaked pilot kills, and kills while cloaked same time then.

And check out Frontier Defence, in a private solo match, on map Lagoon. First 2 rounds are all grunts, then mostly spectres, and the tower/harvester is in a pretty defensible position. Good spot to grind enemy/grunt/spectre kills for regen challenges, or just simply xp.

And use double xp (Fast Learner) burn cards when you get them in the lower generations to speed things up a bit more. Towards the high gens, you mostly get to 50 just completing the regen challenges, so not as important.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.