The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 18th, 2017

AuthorMessage
Inatimate1
Inatimate1
Posted on 19 July 17 at 09:22
A couple of cheap shooters and a turn based RPG that reminds me of Class of Heroes from the PSP, that's my weekend sorted rock
Doctor Danny 13
Posted on 19 July 17 at 09:40
I'm a bit tempted to get Sherlock the Devils Daughter.
One life is just enough.
Inatimate1
Inatimate1
Posted on 19 July 17 at 10:21
Also just noticed that Zombie Driver is a 2,000G game with it's two updates for £2.40. Might consider getting this as well on the back of that.
damoklis
damoklis
Posted on 20 July 17 at 02:54
offcourse outside the usa the prices are double (or triple); because of the digital code of the games having to be exported overseas in containers etc
matdan
matdan
Posted on 20 July 17 at 02:58
Not mentioned here but DOOM is on sale.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
SantaUndercover
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:55
Stevo6483 said:
Reborn Insanity said:
Crazy to see Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $5 already.
What's more crazy is that the UK are getting screwed over quite a bit lately with some bullshit exchange rate. Since when did $5 equate to £6.25. At the current rate it should be around £3.80.

Regardless, I'd definitely recommend it for either of those prices. Loved the first game and this was a great follow-up. Some people don't like the open world but I thought it was great to be able to freely explore the rooftops. The missions are still similar to the first but there are more of them, and the 'fetch' side missions and most of the collectables are optional.
Brexit still got you a better deal I guess...
JBS 80
JBS 80
Posted on 20 July 17 at 14:04
SantaUndercover said:
Stevo6483 said:
Reborn Insanity said:
Crazy to see Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $5 already.
What's more crazy is that the UK are getting screwed over quite a bit lately with some bullshit exchange rate. Since when did $5 equate to £6.25. At the current rate it should be around £3.80.

Regardless, I'd definitely recommend it for either of those prices. Loved the first game and this was a great follow-up. Some people don't like the open world but I thought it was great to be able to freely explore the rooftops. The missions are still similar to the first but there are more of them, and the 'fetch' side missions and most of the collectables are optional.
Brexit still got you a better deal I guess...
So...... I went to the Deals with Gold page to buy Zombie Driver (which I did), but while scrolling down I noticed that Mirror's Edge Catalyst was showing as €39.99 €10.00 for me here in Ireland. Hows about that for an exchange rate. I'm pretty sure there's not two Euro to one dollar.
Inatimate1
Inatimate1
Posted on 20 July 17 at 14:15, Edited on 20 July 17 at 14:15 by Inatimate1
I'm guessing rather than having an equal exchange rate all around that the games are given a reduction on their base price depending on what country you are in. Not too sure why there's such a gulf in price in some instances but it makes a clears things up for me a bit
DaBlackAlbino
DaBlackAlbino
Posted on 20 July 17 at 14:45, Edited on 20 July 17 at 14:46 by DaBlackAlbino
For the "America gets everything cheapest" whiners, they only got Mirror's Edge cheapest:

Kings Quest Collection - US: $15 - CANADA: $11.84
DOOM - US: $15 - UK: $13
Stranger of Sword City - US: $10.12 - UK: $9.16
Battlefield 4 - US: $5 - UK: $4.91

All prices in US dollars. UK actually got a fair amount of stuff cheaper than the US, and Canada is best for Kings Quest.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:57
Inatimate1 said:
Also just noticed that Zombie Driver is a 2,000G game with it's two updates for £2.40. Might consider getting this as well on the back of that.
I downloaded it last night after noticing that. smile Looks fun too!
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:42
Went ahead and grabbed Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Zombie Driver.
The Manic Moose
Posted on 21 July 17 at 12:58
Possibly a stupid question but I assume the deals last from midnight Sunday night/Monday am to the following Sunday? Theres a few I want to get but may not be able to download until Sunday
Christian Gamers - Join the bandwagon.
Inatimate1
Inatimate1
Posted on 21 July 17 at 14:47
The Manic Moose said:
Possibly a stupid question but I assume the deals last from midnight Sunday night/Monday am to the following Sunday? Theres a few I want to get but may not be able to download until Sunday
Midnight UK Time Monday/Tuesday til midnight Monday/Tuesday the following week bud
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 21 July 17 at 15:02, Edited on 21 July 17 at 15:05 by Stevo6483
Inatimate1 said:
The Manic Moose said:
Midnight UK Time Monday/Tuesday til midnight Monday/Tuesday the following week bud
Just to add to this, if you're ever unsure you can check the sales page to see what's there, how big a discount there is, when the offer ends, etc...

Latest Xbox Sales

I know Doom recently went on sale but it wasn't part of the weekly deals (so I didn't know when the offer ran to), so it's a useful page to catch anything that might not be in the main sale articles.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.