Bug Reports - Archive Forum

Archive of Bug Reports

Website size

TrueAchievementFixed
AuthorMessage
KGI Klikopedia
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:10
Hello, since now the website is more narrow then before. All my setting in browser are still the same.
Mixer & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:15
Site Advert Issues
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:22, Edited on 19 July 17 at 16:23 by Twinkling82
No, this has nothing to do with the ads, I see this too. Albeit, I see it differently because I have TA at 150% zoom at all times because of my screen resolution and text size.

The site is now moved out from the left, like its no longer centered, but left aligned with a set distance on the left margin.

Why the change?

http://i.imgur.com/lhNiMGb.png?1
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:24
I'm not saying it has to do with ads. Just click the link and follow the discussion and you'll understand why I posted it.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 19 July 17 at 16:40
oh! Thank you.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 19 July 17 at 22:35
Site Update Log And Gaming Session Improvements
See You Space Cowboy...
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 19 July 17 at 23:08
Reborn Insanity said:but does that explain the change, that I really dislike to a point I would call it a bug/error?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 19 July 17 at 23:11, Edited on 19 July 17 at 23:12 by Reborn Insanity
That link was anchored to TA's post about the issue. It's definitely a bug / error. The reason I posted it was to show that it has been noted and will probably be fixed by tomorrow.

TrueAchievement said:
I am talking to the ad network about the sizing issue, not sure how long it will take though.
See You Space Cowboy...
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 19 July 17 at 23:23
That was vague and to me doesn't confirm the spacing issue is what he's talking about.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 19 July 17 at 23:26
Considering there were a few users that commented about the same issue you're having before his post I think it's safe to assume that's what he was addressing.
See You Space Cowboy...
snake42069
snake42069
Posted on 20 July 17 at 04:48
was about to start a new topic, when i decided to do the adult thing and see if someone already posted a topic about this.

I am experiencing the same problem, and it is very annoying. It isnt an ad issue, because using a element zapper (temporarily gets rid of ads and containers) i got rid of the ads and their containers and the spacing remained the same.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 20 July 17 at 08:47
As requested by the ad network, we have made a small change to the width when ads are shown under certain screen sizes in order to facilitate skin ads.

From the people that I have seen posting about this that aren't using an ad-blocker, it looks like it could be to do with changing the zoom on the browser.

I'll spend some time investigating that today.

Note: Ad blockers take away the main source of income for the site, if you use the site regularly and do not want to see ads then we would ask that you please consider getting a TrueAchievements Pro account - there's lots of other benefits as well as not seeing ads (or the spaces where ads would be).
TrueAchievement
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:10
After testing with various zoom levels, I've made some changes today which I've just put live.

Please let me know if that helps?
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:34
TrueAchievement said:
After testing with various zoom levels, I've made some changes today which I've just put live.

Please let me know if that helps?
Thank you so much. I am back to 125% zoom, making it way easier and less strain on my eyes when reading on the website.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 20 July 17 at 14:52, Edited on 20 July 17 at 14:52 by LuckyConquerer2
Is this related? http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i6i4b6&s=9

Only started seeing since yesterday's update.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:42
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Is this related? http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i6i4b6&s=9

Only started seeing since yesterday's update.
No, that's a new bug.

Will log it and tackle tomorrow!
wizz752
wizz752
Posted on 20 July 17 at 21:35
Definitely helped, no more weird grey space anywhere and the site uses the whole width of the tablet again. Thanks
TrueAchievement
Posted on 20 July 17 at 21:36
wizz752 said:
Definitely helped, no more weird grey space anywhere and the site uses the whole width of the tablet again. Thanks
Great, thank you
Information Posted on 26 July 17 at 00:30
This post was archived by Yin
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.