Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Creators Collection Launches to Xbox Insiders

AuthorMessage
NegativeCreep08
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:21
If you're in the alpha ring, you might be about to have a lot more from which to choose

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Creators Collection Launches to Xbox Insiders

External link: http://majornelson.com/2017/07/19/creators-collection-enters...
TheCharityGamer
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:27
if these have achievements, Gamerscore leaderboards will skyrocket.
Founder of the BGLC
SaahDrahcir
SaahDrahcir
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:28
Agreed, I was just going to pose that question. But I have a strong feeling that they won't have achievements. Still might be fun games, but I won't be frothing at the mouth to play them.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:34
Was stated in the offical statement that they wont get achievements but have the chance to go id@xbox if they do well.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:34
v CARRNAGE said:
if these have achievements, Gamerscore leaderboards will skyrocket.
Similar to the previous Indy program on the 360, none of these will have Gamerscore nor will they have online MP functions. To get that, the game needs to be submitted through the ID@Xbox program.
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:36
The thing is many gamers won't bother if they do not have achievements. I never did with the indie games on the Xbox 360, so doubt I will on the Xbox One with these games.
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:40
I think it should have achievements. But it should only have 500 points. And it should have allowed online MP. it be hard to get it out gate without today features.
.XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
Sir Pielord
Sir Pielord
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:41
StuartATrueRed said:
The thing is many gamers won't bother if they do not have achievements. I never did with the indie games on the Xbox 360, so doubt I will on the Xbox One with these games.
What a ridiculous comment.
Do you think the Steam indie scene would have existed if this was true.
Honestly can't stand the opinion of "I don't do it so it's the same for everyone else".
SprinkyDink
SprinkyDink
Posted on 20 July 17 at 12:53, Edited on 20 July 17 at 12:54 by SprinkyDink
XpD Pielord said:
StuartATrueRed said:
Honestly can't stand the opinion of "I don't do it so it's the same for everyone else".
He said many gamers. i probably wouldn't play most of them because they don't have achievements and I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't too. This isn't steam this is an achievement site for the millionth time so when someone bases their ideas off of achievements don't get triggered that they arnt mentioning the people who are still playing the Sega Genesis.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:14
@ReForce
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:18
Bring back The Impossible Game!! Sad they won't have achievements, though.

That reminds me: Xbox Live Indie is scheduled for complete shut down this year. Does anyone know the exact date or at least month?
Wumbo Woody
Wumbo Woody
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:35
SprinkyDink said:
XpD Pielord said:
StuartATrueRed said:
He said many gamers. i probably wouldn't play most of them because they don't have achievements and I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't too. This isn't steam this is an achievement site for the millionth time so when someone bases their ideas off of achievements don't get triggered that they arnt mentioning the people who are still playing the Sega Genesis.
Alot of other people on this site* theres maybe 10,000 active people on this site with only 2,000 being super super active on news and everything....theres millions of people on xbox...the indie program stayed active for a long time and im sure this one will too because people play them
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:43
SprinkyDink said:
XpD Pielord said:
StuartATrueRed said:
You can't forget this site, and others like it only represent a VERY tiny percentage of the actual amount of people playing video games. Very few people obsess or even care about achievements.
quiettime3
quiettime3
Posted on 20 July 17 at 13:47
Maybe we'll get re-releases of Hidden in Plain Sight and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure after all! Loved those games on 360, even without achievements.
Einhander
Einhander
Posted on 20 July 17 at 14:29
laugh
DarkeyedGriever
Posted on 20 July 17 at 14:56
There seems to be a huge argument above about how successful this will be without achievements. Im sure many will use it, but I have access to this program already and have immediately discarded it because there are no achievements. I don't get much time to play anymore so I'm not going to spend my time playing partially developed games with no achievements.
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:10, Edited on 20 July 17 at 15:17 by imaidiot19
The biggest gripe with this is that some of the games on here are $10! My price point for these types of games is $1, maybe $3 at most for something I knew about.

Why charge $10 when no one knows your game...if you feel your game is worth $10, get it published through ID. If not, drop it down to a reasonable price.

Even most full arcade games were $5 upon release...do they think their game is worth more than those?

And the lack of gamerscore won't help their sales...there are a few hundred people on this site that would buy a game if it had easy gamerscore and was total crap...I know that isn't a lot of sales...but a few hundred sales is better than zero.

Edit: They should have made these games free at least initially for preview, at least Alpha, so if the games are actually good they could get some word of mouth going.
Yes, I know I am.
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:18, Edited on 20 July 17 at 15:19 by ronnie42
XpD Pielord said:
StuartATrueRed said:
True, the worst part is the gamers that only play if the game has gamerscore, they end up missing out on a lot of fun games. It's this type of behaviour that makes me unsure if I want to port my custom made games to X1.
Doom rocks
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:28
I really hope this program will Grow In to a worthwhile program and not end up in The Hole.
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:31
This is such a horrible idea. Steam just eliminated the Greenlight program because it was the same thing, it allowed for developers to easily throw their games onto the marketplace without much hassle. This lack of quality control is responsible for the following games being on Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIv7DSkdalI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bi6gsR-rfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSJ9h7vcGQ0

This is just a very small sample of thousands of games of this caliber being released on the platform by allowing anyone to easily publish their work on the marketplace. The ID@Xbox program is already a mess, with games like Frizzy, Albedo, Emily Wants to Play, and Bedlam being allowed to be put up for sale at sometimes exorbitant prices. Allowing more people to post content more easily will only be detrimental to a service that's already having issues with quality control.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.