Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Creators Collection Launches to Xbox Insiders

AuthorMessage
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 20 July 17 at 15:48
Wow, never thought I would start off an arguement.

ronnie42 said:
XpD Pielord said:
StuartATrueRed said:
The thing is many gamers won't bother if they do not have achievements. I never did with the indie games on the Xbox 360, so doubt I will on the Xbox One with these games.
What a ridiculous comment.
Do you think the Steam indie scene would have existed if this was true.
Honestly can't stand the opinion of "I don't do it so it's the same for everyone else".
True, the worst part is the gamers that only play if the game has gamerscore, they end up missing out on a lot of fun games. It's this type of behaviour that makes me unsure if I want to port my custom made games to X1.
I was only talking about Xbox, and yes Trueachievements site is only a fraction of the Xbox community. I still stand by what I said though, that many gamers will not play these because there is no achievements. I didn't say all. yes they are gamers out there that will play these games, and I am happy for them to do so. If they had achievements, then they would sell more.
Testave
Testave
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:25
Nothing for me but always grear for other guys.
GV Loc
GV Loc
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:37
Will be ok if the games will have between 100-200G, not like a "official" games. And maybe there will be free games too.
Locanu Barosanu
Darkest Nirvana
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:37, Edited on 20 July 17 at 16:37 by Darkest Nirvana
Vitiated1 said:
This is such a horrible idea. Steam just eliminated the Greenlight program because it was the same thing, it allowed for developers to easily throw their games onto the marketplace without much hassle. This lack of quality control is responsible for the following games being on Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIv7DSkdalI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bi6gsR-rfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSJ9h7vcGQ0

This is just a very small sample of thousands of games of this caliber being released on the platform by allowing anyone to easily publish their work on the marketplace. The ID@Xbox program is already a mess, with games like Frizzy, Albedo, Emily Wants to Play, and Bedlam being allowed to be put up for sale at sometimes exorbitant prices. Allowing more people to post content more easily will only be detrimental to a service that's already having issues with quality control.
First, the greenlight program was completely different. It was for unfinished games that people could buy in the hopes that when the game was finished they would receive the final product. They stopped because of too many users getting screwed over.

The xbox program is finished games. What you see is what you get. Also talking about it like it will be an xbox quality control issue when it isn't is just silly. That would be like blaming Amazon for selling too many items you won't use. This is a different subset of the market that you don't ever have to go to if you do not want to see what is there. Quality is a programmer issue. It all goes back to if you do not want it don't buy it.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:39, Edited on 20 July 17 at 16:48 by reforc3
People gets triggerred so easily nowadays.

Back in 2012, Castleminer Z was near the millon copies sold. No achievements on it. A Xbox Live Indie Game.
And to be a certain region only that was a big deal.

Now we know that the program is moving forward to Xbox ONE/Win10 and people said it's a bad move, shitty games already published, price tag overplaced, etc.

They do no remember that those games are an optional item in their marketplaces and therefor are not forced to invest time, money and HD if they don't want them.

Beheave as a mature community and let the people play the games they want how they want and when they want. (Beside the lack of someone's parent control when buying retail games).

I tagged above 1100 games on my Xbox profile and over 400 more still pending to do so on my Steam account. So I know a few things of what am I talking about.
@ReForce

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:46
reforc3 said:
People gets triggerred so easily nowadays.

Back in 2012, Castleminer Z was near the millon copies sold. No achievements on it. A Xbox Live Indie Game.
And to be a certain region only that was a big deal.

Now we know that the program is moving forward to Xbox ONE/Win10 and people said it's a bad move, shitty games already published, price tag overplaced, etc.

They do no remember that those games are an optional item in their marketplaces and therefor are not forced to invest time, money and HD if they don't want them.

Beheave as a mature community and let the people play the games they want how they want and when they want. (Beside the lack of someone's parent control when buying retail games)
You're the one that sounds triggered, there are so many games on the market place that shouldn't be on it. What about all the broken games? Do you think they should be allowed on there?

What gives you the right to have an opinion and not other's? If you want to act all high and mighty go and write a blog and cry in that
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:49
xPut Name Herex said:
I really hope this program will Grow In to a worthwhile program and not end up in The Hole.
I don't think the program will ever win first place underwater though.
Yes, I know I am.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 20 July 17 at 16:56
xONLY INHUMANx said:
You're the one that sounds triggered, there are so many games on the market place that shouldn't be on it. What about all the broken games? Do you think they should be allowed on there?

What gives you the right to have an opinion and not other's? If you want to act all high and mighty go and write a blog and cry in that
Unless is unplayable, like Dungeon Defenders II was a weeks ago, it can't be considered as broken for me. And yes, they are allowed to be on the marketplace cause during the test release they worked fine most of the time, sometimes they happen to collapse after the relese built, that's why is so popular the Day One patch on the AAA games.

I'm basing my opion from over 1000 games played, almost 200 completed and 7 years on LIVE.
@ReForce
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:00
reforc3 said:
xONLY INHUMANx said:

Unless is unplayable, like Dungeon Defenders II was a weeks ago, it can't be considered as broken for me. And yes, they are allowed to be on the marketplace cause during the test release they worked fine most of the time, sometimes they happen to collapse after the relese built, that's why is so popular the Day One patch on the AAA games.

I'm basing my opion from over 1000 games played, almost 200 completed and 7 years on LIVE.
Some people only play quality games, like myself.
Yes, I know I am.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:06
imaidiot19 said:
reforc3 said:
xONLY INHUMANx said:

I feel like this is an insult towards people who like games that you don't.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:07, Edited on 20 July 17 at 17:13 by reforc3
imaidiot19 said:
reforc3 said:
xONLY INHUMANx said:

That's exactly the point.

Some people only likes AAA games even they are garbage, others mixes with indie, then we have those CoD/Minecraft pureblood.

No one is forced to play nothing they don't want.

As long more content is available on the marketpkace better deals will arise, because the principle of offer and demand, live example is Steam Store
@ReForce
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:11, Edited on 20 July 17 at 17:12 by imaidiot19
Zorlac0666 said:
imaidiot19 said:
reforc3 said:
xONLY INHUMANx said:

I feel like this is an insult towards people who like games that you don't.
It was actually a joke, because if you look at my card, I play pretty much anything.

I'm not sure what the argument is regarding the games...they are overpriced, I feel, but if you don't want to buy them, then don't...the program will either succeed or fail...doesn't matter much to me. While there may be a few decent games in the mix eventually, I likely won't be playing them, because I have a few other games that I want to play first. If you want to play them, play them, if you don't, don't.
Yes, I know I am.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:24
Will this program also allow devs to create Demos or is it simply "full version" game downloads only?

There's no way I'd buy a $5-$10 game that someone in their basement made without having a chance to test it first. I'm all for supporting new devs but there's a lot of people throwing together afternoon programming projects online and calling it a functional game.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 20 July 17 at 17:29
Darkest Nirvana said:
Vitiated1 said:
This is such a horrible idea. Steam just eliminated the Greenlight program because it was the same thing, it allowed for developers to easily throw their games onto the marketplace without much hassle. This lack of quality control is responsible for the following games being on Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIv7DSkdalI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bi6gsR-rfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSJ9h7vcGQ0

This is just a very small sample of thousands of games of this caliber being released on the platform by allowing anyone to easily publish their work on the marketplace. The ID@Xbox program is already a mess, with games like Frizzy, Albedo, Emily Wants to Play, and Bedlam being allowed to be put up for sale at sometimes exorbitant prices. Allowing more people to post content more easily will only be detrimental to a service that's already having issues with quality control.
First, the greenlight program was completely different. It was for unfinished games that people could buy in the hopes that when the game was finished they would receive the final product. They stopped because of too many users getting screwed over.

The xbox program is finished games. What you see is what you get. Also talking about it like it will be an xbox quality control issue when it isn't is just silly. That would be like blaming Amazon for selling too many items you won't use. This is a different subset of the market that you don't ever have to go to if you do not want to see what is there. Quality is a programmer issue. It all goes back to if you do not want it don't buy it.
You're confusing Greenlight and early access. The early access program was for games that were unfinished (like the game preview program on XB1) and it gave customers access to unfinished games at a reduced cost in order to help the developer finish it. Greenlight was just paying a small fee and letting the community vote on the game you want to upload. If it got enough votes, the game went live on Greenlight.

It absolutely is a quality control issue. Amazon sells a lot of stuff I won't buy, but the stuff works. If they had warehouses stocked with defective items to sell people, I'd take issue with that. That's what poorly designed independent games are; defective products. Flooding the market with these games decreases the chances of talented developers being seen and brings down the overall value of the console. Why would third party devs want to want exclusive titles for a system that is flooded with trash? It serves only to be a hindrance.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 20 July 17 at 18:11
Vitiated1 said:
You're confusing Greenlight and early access. The early access program was for games that were unfinished (like the game preview program on XB1) and it gave customers access to unfinished games at a reduced cost in order to help the developer finish it. Greenlight was just paying a small fee and letting the community vote on the game you want to upload. If it got enough votes, the game went live on Greenlight.

It absolutely is a quality control issue. Amazon sells a lot of stuff I won't buy, but the stuff works. If they had warehouses stocked with defective items to sell people, I'd take issue with that. That's what poorly designed independent games are; defective products. Flooding the market with these games decreases the chances of talented developers being seen and brings down the overall value of the console. Why would third party devs want to want exclusive titles for a system that is flooded with trash? It serves only to be a hindrance.
And here we are again, Game Preview program is not related to the Creator's Collection (aka. Xbox ONE Indie Games) it might however move from there to the former if the project succed.

The market will not be flooded cause they will on different filter pages, however it might probably mix togeyher on popular, rated and recent lists.

Talented (or not) developers will be noticied by the quality and their PR of their products. Even tough, these 'young' developers might be a revelation star only because they show up in the program and probably their next work becomes parts on an exclusive IP for the console. 3rd party have the change to be exclusive or not depending on their sales projection, customer target and hardware specifications. Something Indies or small developers team are not capable to do at the same level. See Ori and the Blind Forest as example of what ID@XB can achieve.

Of course this program obviously is not for everybody, their target will be those who love to play games just because they are games besides the special features it might have or not.

For example, no one asked if those games will be able to be streamed, scrren capture or recorded cause you take them for grantted, like the achievements or do not actually care about those functions because most of the time they do not change the game experience (Idarb).

Let's just say, if happens, a regular person, not a TA hardcore user, will be able to notice a difference between an AAA Game, an ID@XB game or an XOIG game? If their price tags are for example $5?

(a TA user will say, i check if had achievements first, but in the marketplace you can't)
@ReForce
Epic Louie
Epic Louie
Posted on 20 July 17 at 18:14
I played a little bit of Space Cat earlier. It wasn't too bad. The audio and voice acting made me chuckle.
AH IGamerScoreI
Posted on 20 July 17 at 18:15
If games don't have achievements tied to it than I'm not playing it. Waste of time playing something that don't give you rewards.
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 20 July 17 at 18:25
lol
Jamesbuc
Jamesbuc
Posted on 20 July 17 at 18:36, Edited on 20 July 17 at 18:57 by Jamesbuc
Looking forward to it given the sheer amount of hidden gems I found among the wreck of XBLIG (Escape Goat, Bleed, Shutshimi, Cthulthu Saves the World, Various Milkstone Studio games, Gateways, Unholy Heights, Smooth Operators, Magicians & Looters, Arcadecraft, Shoot1up, DLC Quest, Super Amazing Wagon Adventure and others).

Hopefully though this time Microsoft can try and have some level of quality checking in place so the place doesnt become as trash riddled.

Edit: Looked through the games listed so far via youtube. Stereo Aereo looks pretty decent and could be fun. Apparently I already own Animal Rivals on Steam but from video, it doesnt seem too bad and could be a nice little multiplayer thing.

Derelict Fleet looks.... eh. I cant say the way the ship moves is very good and makes the whole thing look too loose and twitchy. Space Cat too has a similar look where its okay but theres just enough issues (like sound/control) to make it look awkward.

Solitaire HD though - pass. Lets just bug Microsoft to make their current UWP/Android app compatible. Whispers in the Dark is also a bit on the messy side but looks playable enough for a pet/testing project. The fact that its free also kinda helps.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 20 July 17 at 18:50
StuartATrueRed said:
The thing is many gamers won't bother if they do not have achievements. I never did with the indie games on the Xbox 360, so doubt I will on the Xbox One with these games.
Achievement hunters are a very small minority. Most people don't even know what the achievements are in most games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.