Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Weekend Announcements July 21st-23rd: Demetrios, Brief Battles and More

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 24 July 17 at 13:48
We're back!

Please click here to read the story: Weekend Announcements July 21st-23rd: Demetrios, Brief Battles and More
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 24 July 17 at 14:51
I was one of the backers who supported Gold Rush: The Game. I did so for two reasons. First, it seemed an interesting game premise. Second, CD Projekt S.A. has given me great respect for Polish game development.

When I backed the game, it had not been announced for the X1 so the backer reward is a Steam Key. I don't know if they'll open it up for the X1 now that it has demolished its original goal. The game has not met all its stretch goals yet so I encourage people to contribute. A modest 3.00 CAD (2.00 USD) will get your name in the credits:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/gold-rush-0
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 24 July 17 at 16:31
Gold Rush looks pretty good. The rest.....not so much.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 25 July 17 at 00:03
NawtyCawty said:
Gold Rush looks pretty good. The rest.....not so much.
+1
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 25 July 17 at 01:10
Brief Battles, Demetrios, Next Up Hero, and Pressure Overdrive look pretty good.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 25 July 17 at 13:30
I just got an e-mail from Kickstarter saying that you can now donate via PayPal. That had not been an option earlier. As I said earlier, a modest 3.00 CAD (2.00 USD) will get your name in the credits:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/gold-rush-0
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 28 July 17 at 22:50
My expectation is that all backer rewards would be Steam Keys and not console versions. This was confirmed in an e-mail I received through Kickstarter:

Posted by PlayWay (Creator)
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for such a big interest in our game. During KS campaign a lot of people asked about console pledges. We wanted to support you so we started to talk to vendors (Sony, Microsoft) and made poll on our FB to check what is actual interest. Around 300 people were interested in sharing their opinion with us. After we got information from console holders we decided that we will not make any console pledge, cause we would need at least 1000 people for each. So there will be no presales of console keys, but we will ship game on PlayStation and Xbox One roughly around Q1 2018 and this will be good time to buy it. I hope nobody misunderstood whole story, cause we never said we will sell games for consoles on Kickstarter as in each pledge there is clear info we sell STEAM KEY. 80K CAD funding goal was set to help us release our game on console as it is huge amount of work.  
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:33
Although Gold Rush: The Game reached its funding goal a while ago without breaking a sweat, it's now official. I got this e-mail from Kickstarter:

Great news! Thanks to you and 5,032 others, Gold Rush: The Game has been successfully funded. Your pledge has been charged, funds will soon be transferred to the creator, and they’ll begin working on their project.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.