Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Announces Several Server Shutdowns Coming in October

• Posted on 11 August 17 at 23:32Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Actually, the Partially Discontinued for the Online are due to some EA accounts being locked out, and they're unable to access the Online portions of the game. It was never discovered what caused it, but once it happens, you're screwed. An announcement for shutdown occurred some years ago, but it never happened, so the achievements never got flagged.
    I'm sure mine is locked then. How do you know this? Has anyone ever unlocked their account?
  • Posted on 11 August 17 at 23:44Permalink
    It's been a while, but I remember someone contacting EA and hearing that information, and the rep didn't know why it happened. Maybe contact them now, since they have more tools to troubleshoot account issues?
  • Posted on 12 August 17 at 02:15Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    It's been a while, but I remember someone contacting EA and hearing that information, and the rep didn't know why it happened. Maybe contact them now, since they have more tools to troubleshoot account issues?
    It's all good for me now. Magic.
  • Posted on 06 September 17 at 18:03Permalink
    Would be nice if someone at EA would see our pleas to have the Pro Contender achievement re-enabled, but it appears they're not reading our messages. Still about 6 weeks for them to change that though. I remain hopeful (but not optimistic) that I will get this game completed.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd46967,031
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 00:54Permalink
    They closed them about 10 minutes before 2PM EST. Didn't even give the whole day for people to finish off stuff. Furthermore, they ignored all messages about broken achievements being fixed before server closure. What a terrible company.
  • Posted on 25 October 17 at 01:25Permalink
    Actually, 2pm EST is pretty good for EA. They usually shut them down in the middle of the night....like 2am on the shutdown date.
    Hola
  • TurbogingeTurboginge16,775
    Posted on 22 February 18 at 09:08Permalink
    So basically what this does, is place an expiry date on thier games...

That is complete bullshit... If they are going to pull this kind of stunt, then they need to seriously reduce the initial retail cost of their games... or refund all the customers who bought them on the day of server closure.

That... or send out free online codes for the new or current games that are being supported.

Then at least they could be considered to be looking after their consumers... instead of shitting all over them.
    Turboginge
  • Posted on 30 October 18 at 02:34Permalink
    I suggest you let your voices be heard if you feel that there should be legal and reasonable choice in place.
  • Posted on 15 November 19 at 02:03Permalink
    If I own the physical game, am I able to download the DLC courses still?
  • Posted on 15 November 19 at 14:08Permalink
    Whats a Chundy said:
    If I own the physical game, am I able to download the DLC courses still?
    Since you didn't specify which game, I'll assume Tiger Woods. In that case, no, that's stuff is long gone. There ARE physical versions with the DLC courses included on disc though. Those are the Masters editions, and I believe they made them from 2012-2014
    Hola
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.