Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Top Five Quarterbacks Revealed for Madden NFL 18

• Posted on 26 July 17 at 21:53
    Well Tom Brady being number 1 is a big surprise.
  • Posted on 26 July 17 at 22:30
    lol I see the writer really likes Tom brady
  • Posted on 26 July 17 at 22:44
    I Never Get Mad said:
    He is the goat.

This is a solid example of why I like Madden ratings and have a growing disappoinment with NBA 2K and their ratings. Madden goes on stats and play well NBA gives players with a bigger name and less talent better stats. If 2K were in charge Cam "Baby Back Bitch" Newton would be number one. Although to be fair I don't agree with the 4 and 5.
  • Posted on 26 July 17 at 23:05, Edited on 26 July 17 at 23:06 by A 2rue Boofer
    Philip Rivers is the goat wink
  • Posted on 26 July 17 at 23:40
    Derek Carr did very well last year until the injury. Hoping to see more greatness from him this year.
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX807,474
    Posted on 26 July 17 at 23:53
    He is famous for playing through injuries, being tough to sack, and having great pocket awareness.
    Roethlisberger is famous for one more thing...
  • Posted on 26 July 17 at 23:54
    Butters tK said:
    I Never Get Mad said:
    He is the goat.

This is a solid example of why I like Madden ratings and have a growing disappoinment with NBA 2K and their ratings. Madden goes on stats and play well NBA gives players with a bigger name and less talent better stats. If 2K were in charge Cam "Baby Back Bitch" Newton would be number one. Although to be fair I don't agree with the 4 and 5.
    I really like the top 5. The tough thing about breaking in this 5 is if all retired today four would go to the hall. Ryan is the only one that would not but because of the season him and his team had he's a solid pick. Who would you take in place of 4 and 5? Carr had a heck of a year, maybe Rivers, hard to tell how he stacks ups against these guys since he always plays on a team that doesn't do so well, especially in the playoffs. Don't say Flacco or your argument is invalid, haha.
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 00:02
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Butters tK said:
    I Never Get Mad said:
    He is the goat.

I really like the top 5. The tough thing about breaking in this 5 is if all retired today four would go to the hall. Ryan is the only one that would not but because of the season him and his team had he's a solid pick. Who would you take in place of 4 and 5? Carr had a heck of a year, maybe Rivers, hard to tell how he stacks ups against these guys since he always plays on a team that doesn't do so well, especially in the playoffs. Don't say Flacco or your argument is invalid, haha.
    It's worth mentioning numbers 6, 7, and 8 are Luck (90), Wilson (90), and Newton (88). I don't know where guys like Carr and Mariota are, but they can't be too far behind.
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 00:50
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Butters tK said:
    I Never Get Mad said:
    He is the goat.

Oh trust me I would never say Flacco unless we are talking about overpaid bench warmers who's contract keep them in the starting spot.

I think Luck and Carr are the 4,5. Both Big Ben and Brees are definitely worty of respect but I don't feel they are top 5 right now. The bias Cowboys fan in me wants to knock Rodgers down a spot lol but that dude is an absolute monster. There is an argument for Wilson but I view him as a over hyped Alex Smith. The talent is there but he's a game manager not a game winner.
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA355,974
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 02:52
    The teams that make the NFL $#!t loads of money are the ones with the "best" quarterbacks. Sam Bradford broke the record for most efficient beating out Drew Brees but he'll never crack the top 10.
    KCCO
  • TwobbyTwobby821,685
    Posted on 27 July 17 at 02:58
    Tom Brady is the product of a good system. Any other QB put on that team would be a top 10 QB too. Look at Matt Cassel. Had a winning record with the Pats and left and now you're left saying Matt Who?
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 03:33
    Conflict3d One said:
    The teams that make the NFL $#!t loads of money are the ones with the "best" quarterbacks. Sam Bradford broke the record for most efficient beating out Drew Brees but he'll never crack the top 10.
    Are you saying Bradford is better than Brees? And most efficient what?

Twobby said:
    Tom Brady is the product of a good system. Any other QB put on that team would be a top 10 QB too. Look at Matt Cassel. Had a winning record with the Pats and left and now you're left saying Matt Who?
    😂 That's hilarious. Thank you for keeping this joke alive five Super Bowls victories later.
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA355,974
    Posted on 27 July 17 at 03:58
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Conflict3d One said:
    Are you saying Bradford is better than Brees? And most efficient what?
    He did have a really good year last year. He broke the all time single season completion percentage record, wich I believe is what he is referring to. Def not better than Brees though by any stretch.
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 09:38, Edited on 27 July 17 at 09:38 by Our Afflictions
    Twobby said:
    As much as I dislike Brady, as a Colts fan I really despise him and the whole team honestly, but I do think it's not just his system. Belichick can make any QB serviceable, but it does take a lot of talent to pull off all that Brady has, specifically in the post season.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,347
    Posted on 27 July 17 at 11:51
    Due to a ridiculous single feed sky service I have been unable to watch the NFL for a few years, which nicely coincided with my 49ers becoming crap again!

It's interesting to see that the majority of the same characters are still dominating the top slots with no real new blood.

Personally I prefer Rodgers to Terrific Tom, but that's because I prefer mobility and scrambling, but you can't argue with his successes. Ryan and Brees are also favourites of mine, just because they are gunslingers, you get a lot of exciting plays with them. Big Ben I have never really been a fan of, even ignoring his off the field antics.

There is no doubt that being part of that team has helped Tom, but also no doubt that he is a good player, though not my type of QB personally. We will never know how someone else would have done in the role, or how he would have performed at a different team. It's all just opinion and speculation.
    Legohead 1977
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 15:19
    Twobby said:
    I agree that the Patriots can make anyone look good at the QB spot but that's bc they have the GOAT, Bill Belichick. Separate Bellichick and Brady and they would both have success (Bellichick won at Cleveland and should be called the GOAT for that alone) but together they're 5X champs. Don't knock Cassel too hard, he's not a franchise QB but he's better than what most have.
  • TwobbyTwobby821,685
    Posted on 28 July 17 at 04:43
    Hey I'm not calling Brady a scrub but Bellichick is the best part of that team. If he stays in the league longer than Brady (which he won't) he will assuredly take his team to the playoffs every year if not the SB.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads