Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

First Official NBA 2K18 Screens

• OkayEAOkayEA184,270
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 06:09Permalink
    This will be the first time since I started buying my own games about 17 years ago I won't be buying an NBA game. I may change that but the 2K games in the last few years have prioritised everything I can think of (without actually thinking about it) before game play. They made a few good changes here and there but only minor ones in my opinion.
  • SirBaxter77SirBaxter77111,096
    Posted on 27 July 17 at 11:46Permalink
    Yeah, NBA2K15 and 16 have been two of my most played games on Xbox One, eventhough they suck for a achievement hunter. But NBA2K17 was a disaster and the way 2K handled support cases and glitched achievements made me sick, at times you could not even start the game without reinstall it - and it was a massive game to reinstall. When my save file got corrupt and the support did not even bother answering me, I made a promise to not buy NBA2K18, no matter what. If 2K want to focus on other things than a stable and improved product, they wont get my money.

So, this year I'll give EA a new chance, hope they get their game out this year. Looks like it atleast, otherwise I'll keep on grinding NBA2K16.
  • J SyrusJ Syrus164,525
    Posted on 27 July 17 at 12:16Permalink
    SirBaxter77 said:
    Yeah, NBA2K15 and 16 have been two of my most played games on Xbox One, eventhough they suck for a achievement hunter. But NBA2K17 was a disaster and the way 2K handled support cases and glitched achievements made me sick, at times you could not even start the game without reinstall it - and it was a massive game to reinstall. When my save file got corrupt and the support did not even bother answering me, I made a promise to not buy NBA2K18, no matter what. If 2K want to focus on other things than a stable and improved product, they wont get my money.

So, this year I'll give EA a new chance, hope they get their game out this year. Looks like it atleast, otherwise I'll keep on grinding NBA2K16.
    I completely agree. Had all the same issues but I WILL be getting 2k18 just for the fact that its a social game for my friends, co-workers, and relatives to play. If they preferred to play Halo, I would probably be on that game lol.
    Friendly neighbourhood Gamer
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 15:19Permalink
    This will be the first NBA 2K game I never play. They have fallen off so damn hard to me. This is a perfect example of what happens when there's no competition. They went from constantly innovating and feeling like they had something to prove, to turning the franchise into a giant money pit.
  • Posted on 27 July 17 at 16:49Permalink
    RIP Indiana Pacers. :/ Seeing PG in another uni is quite depressing. cry
    War...war never changes.
  • stowiestowie186,336
    Posted on 30 July 17 at 23:38Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    This will be the first NBA 2K game I never play. They have fallen off so damn hard to me. This is a perfect example of what happens when there's no competition. They went from constantly innovating and feeling like they had something to prove, to turning the franchise into a giant money pit.
    With you on this. I love basketball and video games but 2K has stretched the friendship too far this year.

The terrible servers, the blatant cash grabs across all modes, the constant need to reinstall just to start the game... it's too much.
    Doctor of the Peggle Arts
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.