Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Season Pass Owners Can Test Out Final Fantasy XV's Comrades Expansion

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 27 July 17 at 12:24
Where you can throw lightning at a cactus dude, if this screenshot is any indication

Please click here to read the story: Season Pass Owners Can Test Out Final Fantasy XV's Comrades Expansion
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 27 July 17 at 13:21
Comrades for Final Fantasy XV
You've had control of this ship the whole time! Why wouldn't you tell anyone?
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 27 July 17 at 13:29
Did that mean the achievements will become unavailable? I'm confused. The content will be different?
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 27 July 17 at 13:33
The content should be the same. This is just a preview. I believe.
From what it looks like, the achievements might be obtainable between "Thursday, August 3rd to Tuesday, August 8th". Then they will be discontinued until "the final version launches later this year".
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 27 July 17 at 14:20
BulletLukey said:Interesting, didn't even realize we'd scanned anything in toast Although I guess I wrote it last night and we just scanned these in a few hours ago so that's why. Good shout!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 27 July 17 at 14:54
I saw a tweet from Famitsu yesterday but it referred to it as a closed online test so I didn't think anything of it. I see now that 'closed' means that anyone worldwide who has XBox Live Gold and either the Premium Edition or the Season Pass is eligible.

The official Square-Enix site has a table that shows the differences between the test and final versions:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/online/

My guess is the achievements will be the same between the COT (closed online test) version and the final version. The differences involve things like more customization of the avatars, more weapons, more food, expansion of base activities, expansion of multiplayer capabilities, better leveling, more quests, expanded single player play, etc.
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 27 July 17 at 15:00, Edited on 27 July 17 at 15:01 by LAZY SHIKAMARUX
BulletLukey said:
The content should be the same. This is just a preview. I believe.
From what it looks like, the achievements might be obtainable between "Thursday, August 3rd to Tuesday, August 8th". Then they will be discontinued until "the final version launches later this year".
That's what I'm hoping, been buying the DLC one at a time and would be pissed if they made the achievements preview exclusive. I'd trust that the same content would be in the finished product and make them obtainable again.
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 27 July 17 at 18:45
Allgorhythm said:
I saw a tweet from Famitsu yesterday but it referred to it as a closed online test so I didn't think anything of it. I see now that 'closed' means that anyone worldwide who has XBox Live Gold and either the Premium Edition or the Season Pass is eligible.

The official Square-Enix site has a table that shows the differences between the test and final versions:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/online/

My guess is the achievements will be the same between the COT (closed online test) version and the final version. The differences involve things like more customization of the avatars, more weapons, more food, expansion of base activities, expansion of multiplayer capabilities, better leveling, more quests, expanded single player play, etc.
Good to know. Though I think I might jump in anyway with the season pass. It seems like ok value.
Alfsac
Posted on 27 July 17 at 18:56
Too bad I won't be able to play with a friend for the achievements, the one I used to play currently is obsessed with RS6, even though it has gotten him banned a few times.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 27 July 17 at 23:15
Eurydace said:
Good to know. Though I think I might jump in anyway with the season pass. It seems like ok value.
I'll definitely try this out as well. It came as a surprise. I was expecting Ignis's DLC to be the final DLC.
Alfsac
Posted on 28 July 17 at 04:21
By the wya, anyone up for playing it online when it comes out? haha none of my friends has it except one.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 28 July 17 at 22:58
Alfsac said:
By the wya, anyone up for playing it online when it comes out? haha none of my friends has it except one.
I play very few games online so I might be low on the learning curve. However, I will be playing it when it comes out and will be happy to help if I'm not too clumsy.
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 31 July 17 at 16:14
Turns out it is a Title Update.
Title Update 1.13 for Final Fantasy XV
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/07/31/final-fantasy...
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:22
BulletLukey said:Looks like it--thanks for the info.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 August 17 at 17:18, Edited on 01 August 17 at 17:18 by Allgorhythm
Eurydace said:
Did that mean the achievements will become unavailable? I'm confused. The content will be different?
We now know the answers. The Title Update 1.13 for Final Fantasy XV and the COT (closed online test) are two different things. The Title Update 1.13 for Final Fantasy XV is available to everyone who has the game. It is free regardless of whether or not the game owner has purchased the season pass and/or any other downloadable content. The COT is only available to season pass holders and, in order to participate, an XBox Live Gold account is also required.

The COT, apparently, has no achievements. There will be some online missions and some of the content will change when online play is formally implemented. There are two achievements associated with the Title Update 1.13 for Final Fantasy XV. The following achievement can be earned by anyone who has made it to chapter 8:

Final Fantasy XVSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Final Fantasy XV worth 66 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

The other achievement involves a new combat mechanic, a cross hit chain, that can be employed early in the game once the title update has been installed. Nevertheless, the Love Turned Tragic achievement has a quasi-tutorial on the cross hit chain and one ten hit chain is easy to get in that mission. (You need a total of ten ten-hit chains to unlock the achievement). So, while the following achievement can be earned first, it is a little easier to unlock second:

Final Fantasy XVSeize the MomentThe Seize the Moment achievement in Final Fantasy XV worth 90 pointsPerformed 10 full-hit cross chains.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 03 August 17 at 21:49
Has anyone started the COT yet?
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 07 August 17 at 01:10
no I got season pass gold member but the so called beta is not available to download on xbox store so I wasted £20 on season pass because of the liying scumbags at squre enix
Goggs25
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 07 August 17 at 01:30
Goggs25 said:
no I got season pass gold member but the so called beta is not available to download on xbox store so I wasted £20 on season pass because of the liying scumbags at squre enix
I got wrapped up in Leap Frog--I haven't even tried. Once I found out that the achievements weren't tied to the COT, I lost interest.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.