Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Overwatch Summer Games May Be Returning For 2017

AuthorMessage
WebChimp UK
WebChimp UK
Posted on 28 July 17 at 08:36
3 achievements for 45 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Overwatch Summer Games May Be Returning For 2017
HUN playmore
HUN playmore
Posted on 28 July 17 at 08:47
I played Lucioball a lot in 2016, if they don't change anything the first two achievements should come natural, however the last could be very tricky since it either needs the gravity pads on the field or to grind on the side of the arena and those shots rarely end up well. One of the popular tactics in 2016 was to fill up the ultimate, stand behind the enemy team and pull the ball into yourself. If the third achievement works with the ultimate you just need a teammate to shoot the ball way up and pull it in on the way down.
Dwaggienite
Dwaggienite
Posted on 28 July 17 at 08:55
I think the 'may be' in the title should be replaced with 'is' :P
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 28 July 17 at 09:09
Exciting - this may warrant a return to the game from me. A bit of a change of pace.
Odog1234
Odog1234
Posted on 28 July 17 at 09:17
If they bring this back, then we could see a possibility of the other game modes coming back when the season starts. Which means at some point we can obtain the exclusive game mode achievements when the time comes
Ace Phoenyx
Ace Phoenyx
Posted on 28 July 17 at 09:33
Odog1234 said:
If they bring this back, then we could see a possibility of the other game modes coming back when the season starts. Which means at some point we can obtain the exclusive game mode achievements when the time comes
^ This. Since this is returning I have no reason to not believe all the other game modes will return annually. Time to jump back into overwatch it seems.
Pra1s3Th3Sun
Pra1s3Th3Sun
Posted on 28 July 17 at 10:09
Definitely a good sign for returning achievements. Can't wait to play junkensteins revenge and legnendary uprising again. I may be in the minority here but I hope they add more achievements when the events return. The PVE events were an absolute blast to play and I wish they'd put some out permanently.
Cr4ck Sh0t23
Cr4ck Sh0t23
Posted on 28 July 17 at 12:43
That good to hear.smile
Scrapcan
Scrapcan
Posted on 28 July 17 at 13:48
I did not play Lucioball last year. Glad Lucioball is making a return. This gives me hope that the Uprising event will make its way back as well, never completed it on expert and legendary.
Tranierx
Tranierx
Posted on 28 July 17 at 21:05
I still don't understand why everyone is skeptical if events were going to return or not. They already confirmed Summer Games would return since the first time it ran and even more recent they said they don't want to add more events and instead expand upon the current ones. This was from August 3rd of last year:
Our Summer Games are on a yearly schedule -- not a 4 year schedule. Our plan would be to have the items available again when the event recurs. Perhaps we add new content to it as well? We're not sure yet... we're seeing what works and what doesn't.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?...

Plus it was called Summer Games 2016. Kinda makes you think there would be a Summer Games 2017, 2018, etc., but that one's a bit more on the guessing side.
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 28 July 17 at 23:34
Hopefully the events for the other unobtainables will return when there respected holidays start
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 29 July 17 at 01:03
Tranierx said:
I still don't understand why everyone is skeptical if events were going to return or not. They already confirmed Summer Games would return since the first time it ran and even more recent they said they don't want to add more events and instead expand upon the current ones. This was from August 3rd of last year:
Our Summer Games are on a yearly schedule -- not a 4 year schedule. Our plan would be to have the items available again when the event recurs. Perhaps we add new content to it as well? We're not sure yet... we're seeing what works and what doesn't.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?...

Plus it was called Summer Games 2016. Kinda makes you think there would be a Summer Games 2017, 2018, etc., but that one's a bit more on the guessing side.
There was no guarantee on the other events, and there's still no guarantee that the achievements won't be specific to the individual event instance. As an example, CTF was held after Year of the Rooster and the achievements didn't unlock despite meeting the condition, and Rooster isn't likely to repeat.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.