Game Discussion: Fez

It's sad that the creator is such a douche

• Posted on 31 July 17 at 05:26Permalink
    Fez is easily one of my favourite XBLA games. But the creator is just... ugh.
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • misfit119misfit119910,646
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 03:46Permalink
    Look on the bright side. Apparently the idiot whined himself into retirement so you shouldn't have to deal with his stupidity ever again.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 09:26Permalink
    I remember hearing about the creator throwing a tantrum and crying about what people were saying.

Anyone got any juicy links with videos or articles for my viewing and cringing pleasure?
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483199,677
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:14Permalink
    I loved Fez and would've loved a sequel but sadly that'll never happen now.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:59Permalink
    These was the main controversial things that I remember:
    https://www.destructoid.com/fez-patch-won-t-be-fixed-because...
    https://venturebeat.com/2012/03/10/fez-creator-gamers-are-th...

But this pretty much covers the whole thing:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/goodbye-phil-fish-we-ha...

Basically he hates gamers and criticism, doesn't feel like he needs to take responsibility for his products and is quite happy to controversially 'speak his mind' no matter what reaction it will cause..
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 16:59Permalink
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    These was the main controversial things that I remember:
    https://www.destructoid.com/fez-patch-won-t-be-fixed-because...
    https://venturebeat.com/2012/03/10/fez-creator-gamers-are-th...

But this pretty much covers the whole thing:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/goodbye-phil-fish-we-ha...

Basically he hates gamers and criticism, doesn't feel like he needs to take responsibility for his products and is quite happy to controversially 'speak his mind' no matter what reaction it will cause..
    Like I said, I recall a massive debacle with the guy and lots of people were calling him a Crybaby because he got slated for something. Thanks for the links everyone, I'll enjoy going through them all laugh
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 18:33Permalink
    I don't begrudge him the whole issue with the patch costs. That whinefest may be responsible for id@Xbox and the better, non-bullshit, patching system we have today. That setup is why we didn't get a number of patches that Sony got. But everything else about the guy just gave off the major "I'm a whiney bitch who lives to complain about others but throws a temper tantrum when others do the same to me." You'd swear the guy was a webcomic author or something with that attitude.
  • ezhnoezhno394,601
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 22:33Permalink
    This is all pretty old news, why does it matter now? Kind of like bringing up how Funcom used to continue charging users who canceled their subscriptions. Yeah it was shit but it doesn't really have much relevance now.
  • Posted on 02 August 17 at 11:46Permalink
    Neither does the battle of Hastings but doesn't mean we're not interested in history.
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 14:05Permalink
    ...and it looks like the OP has recently been playing the game, so it's relevant to them now.
  • SlipKnoT 008SlipKnoT 008502,073
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 15:03Permalink
    If anyone watches AlphaOmegaSin on YouTube, he had a couple good rant videos about Phil Fish.

I have read about this guy, and I haven't played Fez. Fish boy makes me not want to play it.
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 15:18Permalink
    SlipKnoT 008 said:
    I have read about this guy, and I haven't played Fez. Fish boy makes me not want to play it.
    You shouldn't let him put you off playing it. It's a brilliant game if you're into puzzle/platformers - you'd be doing yourself out of a really fun game.
  • ezhnoezhno394,601
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 19:11Permalink
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    Neither does the battle of Hastings but doesn't mean we're not interested in history.
    There's a bit of a difference in talking about the beginning of a major historical campaign of conquest and how some grumpy guy has a poor disposition on life.

Stevo6483 said:
    ...and it looks like the OP has recently been playing the game, so it's relevant to them now.
    However, the developer himself isn't a feature of the game. A typical player isn't likely to know or care because they don't face it as part of the game content. If someone just started playing Battlefield 4 I'm not sure they'd make an offhanded post saying it was a shame that EA was taken to court over their release practices.

The thread in general just seems petty and unnecessary; like beating a dead horse. Aye, the developer was a whiny baby... so what? It'd make more sense to say 'it's a shame Fez II won't be made'. I could definitely understand that sentiment.
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 23:12Permalink
    ezhno said:
    However, the developer himself isn't a feature of the game. A typical player isn't likely to know or care because they don't face it as part of the game content. If someone just started playing Battlefield 4 I'm not sure they'd make an offhanded post saying it was a shame that EA was taken to court over their release practices.
    It's not about the company, it's about the project lead. If I was to start playing Broken Age I might think to myself "It's a shame that Double Fine / Tim Schaefer pulled that bullshit with Space Base DF-9 and potentially put people off of early access purchases." And on a website like this there are few people that are the "typical player" since they're more likely interested in the state of game development since it impacts their hobby.

Then again complaining about people being interested in stuff on the internet is a hobby in and of itself so circle of life achieved I guess?
  • Posted on 02 August 17 at 23:15Permalink
    ezhno said:
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    There's a bit of a difference in talking about the beginning of a major historical campaign of conquest and how some grumpy guy has a poor disposition on life.

Stevo6483 said:

The thread in general just seems petty and unnecessary; like beating a dead horse. Aye, the developer was a whiny baby... so what? It'd make more sense to say 'it's a shame Fez II won't be made'. I could definitely understand that sentiment.
    You seem to care quite a bit seeing you came to the thread and are posting literal paragraphs in it. If you have a problem with people discussing what they want, click the remove from my threads button and get out.
  • Posted on 02 August 17 at 23:25Permalink
    ezhno said:
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:

Stevo6483 said:

Sees post he doesn't have interest in, and is, in fact, against talking about because it's "old", clicks, reads, and comments anyway.

Welcome to the internet, everybody!! wave
    youtube.com/leoascendent - Minecraft and Dungeon Defenders II Achievement vids are up, be sure to stop by and support your fellow hunters!
  • ezhnoezhno394,601
    Posted on 03 August 17 at 02:42Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    Then again complaining about people being interested in stuff on the internet is a hobby in and of itself so circle of life achieved I guess?
    This is true.

Our Afflictions said:
    You seem to care quite a bit seeing you came to the thread and are posting literal paragraphs in it. If you have a problem with people discussing what they want, click the remove from my threads button and get out.
    As opposed to... imaginary paragraphs?
    http://bit.ly/1ja0LE8

Leo Ascendent said:
    Sees post he doesn't have interest in, and is, in fact, against talking about because it's "old", clicks, reads, and comments anyway.
    More along the lines of 'this shit again?' when there's been literally no new developments regarding this whatsoever. But if people enjoy beating dead horses, who am I to judge.
  • Posted on 03 August 17 at 07:59Permalink
    ezhno said:
    misfit119 said:
    This is true.

Our Afflictions said:
    As opposed to... imaginary paragraphs?
    http://bit.ly/1ja0LE8

Leo Ascendent said:
    More along the lines of 'this shit again?' when there's been literally no new developments regarding this whatsoever. But if people enjoy beating dead horses, who am I to judge.
    They're the best kind of horses to beat. Anything that helps me kill time is of interest to me.
    Posted on 03 August 17 at 10:23Permalink
    ^ Exactly. I had a spare 5 minutes and saw the thread so I joined in as I missed out at the time since I didn't play Fez until it had been out for a while.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.