Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Anima: Gate of Memories Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 31 July 17 at 08:15
    Please use this thread to discuss the Anima: Gate of Memories walkthrough
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,029,740
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 02:15
    I'll be doing this one. Almost done with the first playthrough, just need to do the other 2 endings and track down the last few items, then it's the NG+ playthrough, which should be pretty quick.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 08 August 17 at 02:13
    Finished the game last week, mostly just making the maps left to do. I would ideally have it done this week, but given my track record on delivering, probably next week.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • EurydaceEurydace546,049
    Posted on 15 August 17 at 01:37
    I assume you'll have this out soon and I'll see for myself, but since it's on sale now I figure I'd ask. How long do you expect completing the game with your walkthrough to take?
    Posted on 15 August 17 at 04:02
    Hard to say since I picked it up after almost finishing it to start over and do the walkthrough. Already had the bosses down and everything. Probably 20 hours or so.
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy828,751
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 02:51
    @LV1 Blue Slime - After going through your Sword City walkthrough, knowing you're doing one for Anima is a huge selling point for me... I look forward to reading it :)
    Peace Through Tyranny
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 03:10
    Yeah Blue Slime is my RPG walkthrough hero who somehow managed to fill the shows of Starlight.

shock
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 22:53, Edited on 16 August 17 at 22:57 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Whoa there, now you're setting me up to fail.

As for the walkthrough, I'm almost done just double checking maps and fixing grammar and such. I realized I forgot to get a video of a boss fight, both in NG and NG+ with no saves nearby. I may just submit the walkthrough and add the video over the weekend since it probably won't be up before then anyway, but we'll see. It'll be up soon©
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 02:50
    I might play through the game soon. I can cap the boss if you'd prefer to save yourself the time. It would be after the walkthrough goes up though. Just offering!
  • SethozSethoz574,991
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 22:47
    As a fan of blue slime walkthroughs, this might just tip the balance and encourage me to actually get the game, been eyeing it up past few sales. Looking forward to it
    Posted on 30 August 17 at 23:03, Edited on 30 August 17 at 23:03 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Still chipping away at finishing this. I work on walkthroughs at work so I can just play games when I get home but work has been quite busy lately. Always start a walkthrough because it's slow and I'll have something to do and then it gets busy. Every goddamn time. I'll probably end up getting frustrated and finish it at home over the weekend, it's what usually happens.
  • Ghost m0deGhost m0de1,122,826
    Posted on 17 September 17 at 14:40
    Would it be possible to get an accurate estimated time of arrival for the walkthrough?
    Posted on 18 September 17 at 07:17, Edited on 18 September 17 at 07:19 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    This week. Just have to finish up a few things. Mostly delayed because I went over the data cap on my internet last month (or billing period, or whatever you want to call it) so I haven't been able to upload any of the boss videos and such redface

If it's not up this week I'll just off a cliff and upload it to youtube.
    Posted on 19 September 17 at 23:51, Edited on 19 September 17 at 23:51 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Finishing up proofreading and stuff now, will be done today. Have to finish uploading the videos tonight, and tomorrow I'll write up a breakdown of the skill tree, which is the last thing I'll need to do for the walkthrough to be 100% done. Should be submitted for review tomorrow, and then it's up to the overseer to proofread and send it live. Just remembered I forgot to do a video for the Druaga fight, but I'll do that this weekend and add it in. I'm gonna submit it without the video though, so it can be up faster. One boss fight video isn't going to make or break the walkthrough.
    Posted on 24 September 17 at 04:40
    Ayy, 11:39. I don't have to jump off a cliff after all. Got sick and had to call in the last 2 days, so I didn't get as much done as I'd like to. Anyway, it's submitted, so once the overseer gives it a final look over it'll be live.
  • winginorwinginor1,627,809
    Posted on 03 October 17 at 02:17
    Hey Slime, nice guide, thanks a lot.

But you seem to be missing an item for item collector. Searched for quite a while till I found it:
    Eight Stept found in Laberyntos

After finding that my cheevo popped. Also can confirm that items from the starting area do not count, was missing the Life Fragment at the start.

But man could be an interesting game, but it often feels to me like I'm fighting more with the controls and camera than the enemies.
    Posted on 03 October 17 at 02:58, Edited on 03 October 17 at 03:00 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Fuck. I moved the section on Velez after I found out he unlocks after the first wing and forgot to add a note about that item. Really sorry about that redface

I thought it was a decent game overall but I agree...the camera could be a bit annoying.
  • winginorwinginor1,627,809
    Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:49
    No problem, really helpful having a guide for a game like this, so really appreciated.

One thing is odd for me with the endings, you want to beat the final boss again after the first early ending, why? I loaded the save slot after the first early ending and could continue with the nameless fight, proceeding further and getting the other early ending after the Baal fight.

You also mention making another save before the final boss as if you want to beat it a third time, any reason for that?

This is the part that looked odd to me:
    >>For the next joke ending, load one of the saves you made before the final boss. Make another backup save, which you'll need after you get this ending. Kill the final boss and proceed into NG+, and continue until you make it to the Arcane Core. ...

Second time I fought Baal it was really annoying as it always lost the focus on him and he teleported to me much more. Also the stages were somehow messed up for example he didn't use clones at all this time, also not the immune to one character phase was not there. First time he also kind of freaked out with his attacks at the end second time it was as if he wouldn't even be in the last phase. Was it like that for you too?

A thing that I miss in TA guides is a statement on the overall difficulty. It felt quite harder than most RPGs. I would agree with the 6/10 at x360a, but would be interested how you would rate it?
    Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:06
    Do you mean the joke endings in NG+? If so, I just assumed since the 3 endings in the first playthrough sent you into NG+, the joke endings in NG+ would send you into NG++, and didn't bother checking. If that's what you mean I'll fix the walkthrough.

As for Baal, the tablets he throws up are random, and the first time I fought him, he didn't use the form that made him invulnerable to one of your characters at all. I did it a second time to record for a video and he fucked it up when he used that form, because I didn't understand what was going on laugh He only used one tablet during the NG+ fight and didn't use some of his attacks. Not sure if the boss is "weaker" since you're technically fighting him before you've killed most of the messengers and he's had less time to gather power or something. Not sure, but it was definitely a bit different.

I was thinking about starting to put something about difficulty in my walkthroughs but wasn't sure where to put it. Maybe there could be a line for difficulty on the cover page of the walkthrough along with the achievement breakdown and everything, but that'd have to be a wishlist item. Maybe I'll put it on the first page. I'd probably rate it a 6 or 7 myself. If magic wasn't in the game I'd probably make it a 9 or 10...it's incredibly frustrating trying to play melee.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.