Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Kinect Share Disabled, Takes Many Achievements With It

• KBop a dooKBop a doo367,711
  • BlaizicusBlaizicus1,126,014
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:48
    Most people literally only got about 3 hours notice... rip some gamerscore :(
  • JumboWarioJumboWario947,824
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:49
    Thankfully I did most of the Kinect Fun Labs, but there are a couple I didn't get to.
    Game On.
  • O PiscinaoO Piscinao296,538
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:51
    Until what day is it able to unlock these achievements? No longer possible?
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:51, Edited on 31 July 17 at 17:53 by ThreeHaddock62
    Crappy that there was no warning....people bitch about EA but at least they give you enough time to get the ach's you need. The only ach's above I don't have are the Pixar Adventure Rush ones, because I don't have the game.
    Hola
  • JumboWarioJumboWario947,824
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:52
    o0Maximus0o said:
    Until what day is it able to unlock these achievements? No longer possible?
    The service is already closed. They are discontinued now.
    Game On.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj231,197
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:52
    Looks like to me that they discontinued the feature in Fun Labs back in March. EA announces year old games getting shutdown in advance, MS announces features being shut down months after the fact. It feels like we're in an alternate universe.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,517,010
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 17:59
    Thanks for the fucking notice, M$.
  • Yinga GartenYinga Garten2,189,912
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:02
    Really disappointing that no advance notice was given, wanted to start Kinect Rush and Dance Central 2 eventually.
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:05
    Kinect Adventures Achievement of the kinect share
    still avaible until now
  • superjassuperjas991,207
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:07
    MS rarely give notice seen them take down servers for PGR 3, PGR 4, Lips so not exactly giving developers a great example
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,273,604
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:09
    Yinga Garten said:
    Really disappointing that no advance notice was given, wanted to start Kinect Rush and Dance Central 2 eventually.
    The Dance Central 2 achievement referenced has actually been discontinued for years. It required an upload to Facebook, so one of the API updates for Facebook broke the connection and thus discontinued the achievement.
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:10
    Wow, thanks MS!
    it's not cheating. its good tactics.
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:12
    As I said above, enjoy today for those who do not have the kinect adaventures that is still unlocking I got here!
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo367,711
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:12
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Yinga Garten said:
    The Dance Central 2 achievement referenced has actually been discontinued for years. It required an upload to Facebook, so one of the API updates for Facebook broke the connection and thus discontinued the achievement.
    Thanks! That's what I gathered from looking at forums but I figured I may as well add it anyway just to verify there is no way that's ever coming back now with the Kinect Share discontinuation toast I think a couple other of these games may have had achievements in a similar boat.
  • Naystar32Naystar32269,096
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:14
    its unacceptable...no message from Microsoft, and a completely fucking Kinect share "service"......wahou !!!! 3 more discontinued...nice work !!!
  • BiLLzuMaNaTiBiLLzuMaNaTi3,375,596
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:17
    I have all these achievements except 3 lol just Dance Central and Kinect Rush Disney I'm missing
    YouTube: AchievementLand
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7535,517
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:26
    They signed off their announcement of Share's discontinuation with the affirmation that "we will continue to support Kinect on for Xbox One."
    Yeah, but for how long?
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:29
    That's no big deal. Just change the achievement requirements to something that is still achievable.

It happened in Project Spark, where it compensated a huge amount of bad reputation.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:40
    these wer ereally easy and simple to complete,, shame we weren't given any notice but thats how it goes.. on the bright side I guess. i can delete those from my library now since i kept putting them off. But seriously.. thanks for the warning MS... next time a little notice would be nice
    Check out my Live Stream Channel on Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/shadowxphenix
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.