Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Kinect Share Disabled, Takes Many Achievements With It

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead741,956
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:41, Edited on 31 July 17 at 18:43 by HolyHalfDead
    Xbox 360 Kinect today, Xbox 360 Live tomorrow. Well maybe not tomorrow, but the people who think Xbox 360 Live is going to stay up until at least 2030 are dreaming. No more than 5 years after Xbox 360 end of life is my prediction, so I would aim to get all your 360 online achievements by 2021.

Luckily the Kinect Games I have not started are not listed. Always thought about paying for Sparkler one day to complete the Labs set, but no point now.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • RosshkRosshk985,208
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:47
    I just unlocked the Sharing is Caring achievement from Kinect Adventures. It just says "upload to the internet", with no mention of the Kinect Share service.
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333883,822
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:51, Edited on 31 July 17 at 18:56 by KinectKid333
    Are you kidding me? I was just about to load up Kinect Pixar Rush this week and get the Kinect Share achievements... Tsk tsk. Like other people are saying, a warning next time would be appreciated.

Edit: A comment in the solution said that Kinect Share servers were down at the time but the achievement still unlocked for them. There is still hope!
    Goats be flyin'
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:56
    Kinectshare has been down since March for the majority of these titles, so the warning has been long overdue.

Rosshk said:
    I just unlocked the Sharing is Caring achievement from Kinect Adventures. It just says "upload to the internet", with no mention of the Kinect Share service.
    From solution:
    After you have recorded a living statue at the end of a round you need to select Upload From the set of options to upload it to www.kinectshare.com.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo405,931
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 18:57, Edited on 31 July 17 at 18:58 by KBop a doo
    Rosshk said:
    I included it in the article because according to the top solution it for it, it requires the screenshot to be uploaded to KinectShare.com (which MS shut down), as well as a user commenting they were unable to get it as of a few days ago. We'll keep an eye on it and if it continues to be obtainable, remove it from this article and of course not flag it as discontinued toast

Edit: Ninja'd by Shadow! laugh
  • RosshkRosshk985,208
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:00, Edited on 31 July 17 at 19:01 by Rosshk
    Yeah, I didn't see Kinectshare mentioned anywhere in the game. I can't check the Lab games (which I remember required Kinectshare) because I've already got them all.

edit. Kinectshare may only apply to posting the pics in game, and not the statue for the achievement.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo405,931
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:06, Edited on 31 July 17 at 19:06 by KBop a doo
    Rosshk said:
    Yeah, I didn't see Kinectshare mentioned anywhere in the game. I can't check the Lab games (which I remember required Kinectshare) because I've already got them all.

edit. Kinectshare may only apply to posting the pics in game, and not the statue for the achievement.
    That would be great if the statue part made the achievement still doable and continues to stay that way!
  • Big EllBig Ell1,833,295
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:09
    Has anyone tried Pixar Rush to see what it says?
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:10, Edited on 31 July 17 at 19:11 by Shadow Kisuragi
    I'm keeping on eye on this thread in any case, since we still have Kinect Adventures and Kinect Rush Pixar unflagged. laugh

If we can confirm the statue works, great. It seems like you can watch someone take a picture and get it as well, possibly even if it fails to upload?
  • RosshkRosshk985,208
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:10
    I didn't try to upload any images, just did the statue part for the achievement.
    Either way, if anyone wants that achievement, they should probably do it now.
  • The NotoThe Noto683,519
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:17
    Damn... I still had one more for Air Band. Oh well.
  • HerrKätzchenHerrKätzchen1,041,569
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:32
    o0Maximus0o said:
    Until what day is it able to unlock these achievements? No longer possible?
    What is reading comprehension?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:38, Edited on 31 July 17 at 19:39 by
    Every used game store in my area refuses to take kinect games from people. I doubt that very many people would have been coming back to play these games based on the lack of sales (price is $0.50 for kinect adventures alone when I checked this afternoon and they had 20 copies in a stack).

There definitely needs to be some sort of policy added though so folks can know in advance when services/content/etc are being permanently discontinued. I'd love to see M$'s daily/weekly/etc average hours/player stats though for the particular services that are being shut down. If anything so that we'd have some sort of idea on when M$ determines a service should be cut off instead of guessing.
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • Crater BobCrater Bob395,371
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:41
    This whole thing stinks of Mike Ybarra. angry
    Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool2,573,223
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 19:58
    Had a mini panic attack about Kinect Adventures, but looks like I don't need sharing for the 11 statues:
    Kinect AdventuresRecording MasterThe Recording Master achievement in Kinect Adventures worth 209 pointsRecord all 11 Living Statues

I only have 120 unearned achievements now, and 15 of them are in Kinect Adventures. Getting nailed with a discontinued achievement at this point would be devastating.
  • Larvi1Larvi12,644,108
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:05
    Have all of these achievements with the exception of the Sparkler ones. I would have bought that title if MS would have given me some heads up on this. Their loss.
  • RainleafRainleaf1,883,887
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:16
    Just got Sharing is Caring achievement by uploading a statue and worked fine shock
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:22
    Thanks for the confirmation Rainleaf. We'll keep an eye on that one just to make sure the shutdown's not delayed, but seems it's still functional.
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:22
    As of 1:22 pm PST the Kinect adventures achievement is still doable with living statues
  • EverStoned77EverStoned77821,692
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:31
    For Fudge Sake warning
    M$ should be the ones who leads by example, & be the first & best at warning us after all if they don't give a rats ass about warning their most loyal supporters & customers, the achievement hunting community, then why should any one else :(
    Kicking Grass & Smoking Ass,wait,what?!?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads