Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Kinect Share Disabled, Takes Many Achievements With It

• Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:32
    Damn, Kinect Fun Labs: Googly Eyes will forever be uncompleted on my account now.

Glad I got Kinect Adventures completed way back when. I would probably pull a muscle or two now.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,493,265
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:33
    Had the majority, of the ones I was missing only 8 were in games I have, so not too rough for my list I guess
    #mentallypudding
  • Gary VargaGary Varga152,890
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:39
    Kinect Party has two achiements that are no longer available. I completely understand the decision but totally feel that 3 hours notice is about 3 months short of the minimum. Very disappointed in Microsoft.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo387,467
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:47, Edited on 31 July 17 at 20:48 by KBop a doo
    Gary Varga said:
    Kinect Party has two achiements that are no longer available. I completely understand the decision but totally feel that 3 hours notice is about 3 months short of the minimum. Very disappointed in Microsoft.
    According to solutions, the Kinect Party sharing achievements can be obtained offline using this glitch method:

Grobanite Kinect Party I'm Your Huckleberry Grobanite's solution for the I'm Your Huckleberry Achievement in Kinect PartyYou shared the wanted poster with gold blocks!

Grobanite Kinect Party Social Butterfly Grobanite's solution for the Social Butterfly Achievement in Kinect PartyYou shared a photo!

We don't have any of the achievements for Party tagged as "Online Required," so I think everything should still be functional using the given method, albeit offline without time stamps.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,611
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:47
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Xbox 360 Kinect today, Xbox 360 Live tomorrow. Well maybe not tomorrow, but the people who think Xbox 360 Live is going to stay up until at least 2030 are dreaming. No more than 5 years after Xbox 360 end of life is my prediction, so I would aim to get all your 360 online achievements by 2021.

Luckily the Kinect Games I have not started are not listed. Always thought about paying for Sparkler one day to complete the Labs set, but no point now.
    Xbox 360 Live will definitely be retired someday, but hopefully the BC program will have extended its lifespan by a couple of years.
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:48
    Gary Varga said:
    Worth noting that the Kinect Party ones can be unlocked offline.
    Grobanite Kinect Party I'm Your Huckleberry Grobanite's solution for the I'm Your Huckleberry Achievement in Kinect PartyYou shared the wanted poster with gold blocks!
  • Gary VargaGary Varga152,890
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:50, Edited on 01 August 17 at 17:20 by Gary Varga
    KBop a doo said:
    Gary Varga said:
    According to solutions, the Kinect Party sharing achievements can be obtained offline using this glitch method:

We don't have any of the achievements for Party tagged as "Online Required," so I think everything should still be functional using the given method, albeit offline without time stamps.
    I tried it but it didn't work for me. Spent an evening logging into Xbox Live, taking a pick, going to share then pulling the cable out. Very frustrating.

UPDATE: I got both the achievements and left a more detailed description how in the comments here
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 20:51
    Well they just shit in all of our cereals
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:01
    I wish Xbox had a system in place where unearned discontinued achievements would be removed from achievement lists and weren't taken into consideration in individual game completion percentages.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,667,558
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:03
    i'd already done a load of these achievements in the fun lab games and the likes and always said i'll get back and do the rest.
    and it's my own fault i never did, don't like missing out on easy achievements. a few weeks warning and i'd have gone and finished them. but hey ho it's no big deal.
    I've got enough games and backlog to keep me going and i'm not a completionistlaugh

but come on MS not the best way to treat customers.
  • Zashule 1765Zashule 17651,710,411
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:21
    Crap. I knew procrastinating finishing those for nearly 6 years would come back to bite me.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN415,666
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:36, Edited on 31 July 17 at 21:36 by FOKENWOLFEN
    Well... F*CK you too Microsoft. These are the things people should complain to Phil Spencer and not if he liked a PS4 game or not.

Crater Bob said:
    This whole thing stinks of Mike Ybarra. angry
    Spam and complain on his twitter too. Heck also add Major Moron too.
  • Vok 250Vok 250357,962
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:40, Edited on 31 July 17 at 21:41 by Vok 250
    I don't care about Kinect Share personally, but I hate to see services getting shut down. Many people are still playing on the 360 because many popular games like GTAV and Minecraft were on both the One and 360.

It just feels like companies cutting costs. In theory Microsoft Azure allows the 360 systems to scale to the demand too so the costs saved are just what people are actually using. I'm not looking forward to losing the Indie Marketplace this Fall. Hopefully MS keeps their promise to let owners keep playing their games.

For specific publisher supported games it is understandable though. Sad, but not unexpected.

At the bare minimum some warning is appreciated.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,837
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:53
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Xbox 360 Kinect today, Xbox 360 Live tomorrow. Well maybe not tomorrow, but the people who think Xbox 360 Live is going to stay up until at least 2030 are dreaming. No more than 5 years after Xbox 360 end of life is my prediction, so I would aim to get all your 360 online achievements by 2021.
    You realize how Xbox Live works right? If you don't have a Live connection to play multiplayer, what service connection are you using to sync achievements?
    The fact we have BC probably also extends the lifespan of 360 services. It makes sense to shutdown old versions of yearly sports releases or Kinect 1.0 based games.
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:15
    I just kept putting off the Dance Central 2 one. So simple, yet I never bothered to upload a photo in the 2 years I intermittently played the game. Damn me for procrastinating and damn them for not giving a simple notice.
  • Tatl360Tatl360408,379
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:19
    Shameful for not warning the users.
    Really unnecessary. How can someone make decisions like this.
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:21
    mcnichoj said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    You realize how Xbox Live works right? If you don't have a Live connection to play multiplayer, what service connection are you using to sync achievements?
    The fact we have BC probably also extends the lifespan of 360 services. It makes sense to shutdown old versions of yearly sports releases or Kinect 1.0 based games.
    You do realize how Xbox Live works, right? There's an Xbox Live Core Service, which handles your profile and achievements, and a Matchmaking Service along with servers, which handle your online matchmaking and gameplay. That's how Gold and Silver accounts work buddy.
  • gabrielgunsgabrielguns1,278,354
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:24
    Lets go play Kinect adventures kkkk
    Hunter :p
  • reforc3reforc31,209,534
    Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:34
    Come on, you had 5+ years to unlock the achievements.
    If you didn't unlock back them, Why'd you complain now?

Thankfully I got all the achievements required for those game I own... years ago. smile

I'm sorry for those procrastinators "Achievement Hunters" out there cry
    @ReForce
  • Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:35
    Thankfully I have all of the achievements affected in the games I started..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.