Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Kinect Share Disabled, Takes Many Achievements With It

• MightyMangoMightyMango1,941,159
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 21:00
    Just remember GFWL support ended in July of 14 and the achievements still work. Same with Windows Phone 7 achievements, they also still work and that ended in October of 14 (yes I know some games don't work on Windows M10).

So to say that 360 stuff is just going to end is a bit preemptive and a bit off topic as well. These games losing a website link is no different than facebook tied in achievements.

What sucks was the lack of warning, though like the recent EA server closer announcement there has been ample time to work on the games.
  • troyoytroyoy887,595
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 21:19
    I should have would have could have beat all these easy games a long time ago. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Maybe not all of these were easy.
    I have 9 usa 360`s set up, 4 pal 360`s, 3 japan 360`s and 2 xboxones set up and the girlfriend calls me crazy.
  • Posted on 02 August 17 at 21:41
    MightyMango said:
    Just remember GFWL support ended in July of 14 and the achievements still work. Same with Windows Phone 7 achievements, they also still work and that ended in October of 14 (yes I know some games don't work on Windows M10).

So to say that 360 stuff is just going to end is a bit preemptive and a bit off topic as well. These games losing a website link is no different than facebook tied in achievements.

What sucks was the lack of warning, though like the recent EA server closer announcement there has been ample time to work on the games.
    Windows Phone 7 works, when the planets align. There are constant issues with the old passport system with connecting to your profile, and marketplace purchases are essentially broken unless you use the manufacturer applications instead of the Microsoft built-in one. But, they still "work" when they work. wink
  • Posted on 03 August 17 at 01:10
    You've all had these on the back burner FOR YEARS and are now mad? They didn't take long to get, should have done it by now if you cared.
    youtube.com/leoascendent - Minecraft and Dungeon Defenders II Achievement vids are up, be sure to stop by and support your fellow hunters!
  • Posted on 03 August 17 at 01:38
    Why should anybody spoil other people's interests?

Especially when it is connected with a personal hobby...

Maybe one day i can also learn how to make my mind up for other people who are not worthy of doing so because it has become such an important thing in my life.

I wonder what the technical difficulties might be to make 360 games compatible with the Xbox One Kinect. Surely one or two staff members should be open to that kind of challenge, right?

Or do i whine in the wrong direction now?
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,323,094
    Posted on 03 August 17 at 08:13
    One day you can't sign online with GFWL. Few months later Microsoft will tell us about they closed servers "today".
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 August 17 at 11:44
    This is why i now do online cheevos first, I learnt a while bk
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,218,194
    Posted on 03 August 17 at 21:40
    Zalexzy said:
    One day you can't sign online with GFWL. Few months later Microsoft will tell us about they closed servers "today".
    Not sure why people think this will happen. GFWL uses the same for services as any XBL enabled device. They can't just shut down GFWL exclusively.
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x288,571
    Posted on 04 August 17 at 16:44
    Shabby treatment of customers again roll
  • QUINTISONQUINTISON66,980
    Posted on 04 August 17 at 20:41
    Why not update the Kinect line for Xbox one and rerelease making these achievements possible to get not on 360 but still
    True southpaw forever
  • DarkSquallXxDarkSquallXx708,983
    Posted on 31 August 17 at 23:54
    Sorry for the stupid question.
    but then for Dance Central 2, is there nothing to do in any way? contact the MS does not serve anything I imagine.
  • GrandwickyGrandwicky565,080
    Posted on 28 April 18 at 16:07
    People still got Sharing Is Caring on Kinect Adventures two months after Kinect Share shut down by enabling kinect share in their privacy settings. Can anyone confirm that this still works? If it does I might start this finally!
  • Posted on 15 January 19 at 17:19, Edited on 15 January 19 at 17:20 by RidiculousBox
    (sorry for off topic, but...) Dah! I saw the notice when Xbox Live messaged me. I have the photo achievement in Dance Central 3, but not Dance Central 2! I'm not able to complete Dance Central 2!
  • Posted on 08 June 20 at 05:40
    There are actually quite a number of people that have done this achievement off-line.
    How is this possible?
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,323,094
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.