TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Life is Strange Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:21
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Life is Strange, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 31 July 17 at 21:46
Going to play through the 360 version of the game along with the playlist. Absolutely fantastic game and I'm eager to see what the prequel holds.

I know this game is very hit and miss with a lot of people, but I think now that it's next up on the TA Playlist some folks can actually see the story and really give it a chance. If they still don't like it after, good on them, but most of the complaints I see are from people who haven't played the game or have only touched the first episode which is a trap.
See You Space Cowboy...
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted on 31 July 17 at 22:21
I'm looking forward to once again a game I haven't played as I find game prices when they first come out just a little on the high side plus a gold account gives you four free games a month many of which I've never played so I end up with quite a backlog. I know this is a story based game and really only have the telltale franchises to go on as ones I've played before so looking forward to seeing how it compares.
Stealth David
Stealth David
Posted on 31 July 17 at 23:54
This game is great can't wait till number 2 is released
Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 01 August 17 at 03:02, Edited on 01 August 17 at 03:04 by iMaginaryy
Enjoy! <3 <3 <3

Also excited for the next installment, may wait until more of it is released though. Would rather go through at my own pace.
Fear is the mindkiller.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 August 17 at 04:14
I've been interested in playing this game for a while and ready to jump in. When people talk about this game it's usually "amazing story" vs "hipster crap", I'm ready to see what crowd I fall in with. I hope nobody minds but I'm also using this game to double dip and start the leap frog challenge which I'm sure I'll be in for a very short time.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 August 17 at 04:26
Reborn Insanity said:
Going to play through the 360 version of the game along with the playlist. Absolutely fantastic game and I'm eager to see what the prequel holds.

I know this game is very hit and miss with a lot of people, but I think now that it's next up on the TA Playlist some folks can actually see the story and really give it a chance. If they still don't like it after, good on them, but most of the complaints I see are from people who haven't played the game or have only touched the first episode which is a trap.
Not only do I think the story is great but it is very well integrated with the point and click game play mechanics.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 01 August 17 at 05:32
I think I got to around half way through Episode 2 until I took a break. Playlist will motivate me to finish it, not that it's bad, just the first episode felt kinda' slow for me.
I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
CIutch Corey
CIutch Corey
Posted on 01 August 17 at 06:03
Great game.
Corey
Silverhellspawn
Posted on 01 August 17 at 07:26
Played the first episode since it was free and really liked it. Looking forward to the other episodes!
I feel like dynamite!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 01 August 17 at 08:01, Edited on 01 August 17 at 08:04 by Dresden N7
I wonder how the game feels when playing the episodes back-to-back for the first time. It was quite the ride experiencing the episodes as they came out and waiting two/three months for the next. It was especially fun to speculate and read other fan theories. In that way, I feel the episodic formula actually improved the experience, as opposed to Telltale's "will-you-release-the-next-one-already." It helps that Dontnod mostly kept to their original schedule.
Brasshande
Brasshande
Posted on 01 August 17 at 08:21
Decent game, i possibly didn't like it as much as some people did, but it definitely improves after a pretty slow start
D'yuz gan at death speed?
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:04
I played through the first hour or so for the UHH2 competition but need to go back. What I saw was interesting...
Mame Tobikomi!
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:15
I played the demo and didn't like what I saw but will give Episode 1 a chance, just for the quick completion and so I can uninstall it. Hoping to have my views changed.
Lyzyrd
Lyzyrd
Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:21
I finished the game while ago and thought it was pretty good, and the dialog didn't really annoy me like it did others. Whether the decisions in the game had any real consequences, I would agonize over some of them. Would love to playthrough again on 360 to stack the achievements, but I don't want to pull out another console just for that. So I guess I will just wait until next month.
gmurda33
gmurda33
Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:39
i have this game from a previous sale, so i might get around to starting it this month. i hope i have time.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:53
Wow I see we already have a lot of people jumping in. For those that were annoyed with Kevin's negative opinion of Mordor, I don't think this next podcast episode will save you, but maybe his opinion will change.
SilentExiledOne
Posted on 01 August 17 at 13:10
Already finished this one so going to skip this month but I hope you guys enjoy it, was an interesting story. Can't wait until the mid month point to see what the next selection of games is.
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 01 August 17 at 14:10
Happy 1st folks! Enjoy this beautiful game, story really is one of the better ones in point n click games.
I might take this opportunity to stack the 360 version, Lord knows I need to contribute more to GTASC Team.
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 01 August 17 at 14:49
I'm waiting for this game to be GWG, since it was free on PS+
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.