Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 1st, 2017

AuthorMessage
Stig Assassin
Stig Assassin
Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:10
Kinky Mong said:
ManicMetalhead said:
I want Inside, but I already have Limbo, damn it.
Same here, I got excited when I had a message in my inbox that Inside was on sale, but it's only in that bundle.
Same. At least it's a good sign that the game by itself should be on sale soon.

Ginuwine AI3 said:
Wonder how long I have to wait for this Hot Wheels DLC to go on sale lol headspin
Probably later this month or next month, just before Forza 7. Can't wait to play Hot Wheels, but the price is too high right now.
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:19
Im confused a bit

How is it that usa gets japan gwg but not from other countries?
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 01 August 17 at 23:31
Julz D 01 said:
Im confused a bit

How is it that usa gets japan gwg but not from other countries?
Other countries also got Slime Rancher as gwg. Japan is the only one that deviated.
This space for rent.
ZH PRISONER
ZH PRISONER
Posted on 02 August 17 at 04:20
I have been waiting for Inside to go on sale, but I already have Limbo so this is disappointing.
U2NUMB
U2NUMB
Posted on 02 August 17 at 04:43
You should still buy Inside.. its amazing and I found it far better than Limbo.
Zalexzy
Zalexzy
Posted on 02 August 17 at 11:01, Edited on 02 August 17 at 11:04 by Zalexzy
Super Dungeon Bros is free in Windows 10 Store (for limited time). It uses same ach list as Xbone version, but don't know if it is play anywhere title, as I don't see it mentioned - in case you would want to play it on xbone and don't have it previously.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 August 17 at 11:21
The Inside and Limbo bundle includes Inside and Limbo.........shock

imagine that.
PowergridMIKE
PowergridMIKE
Posted on 02 August 17 at 17:52
Butters tK said:
Not sure about the price on Slime Rancher. Think I'll wait until they pay me to play it.
LOL!laugh
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 03 August 17 at 08:33
don't get zenith dev's too fucking lazy to fix broken achieve fingers cross they go bankrupt
Goggs25
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 06 August 17 at 03:13
A Fatal Legacy said:
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/p/cobalt/bss424n935ks?...)(256380)(2459594)(lw9MynSeamY-ovEQsnRE8J9RP6Uv85EJeA)()

For free cobalt use the link above.
If you download Cobalt via Japanese Xbox site, doesn't it give you the Japanese version of the game? Or am I confusing this? Or maybe you guys don't mind the Japanese versions?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 August 17 at 14:48
Knoell said:
A Fatal Legacy said:
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/p/cobalt/bss424n935ks?...)(256380)(2459594)(lw9MynSeamY-ovEQsnRE8J9RP6Uv85EJeA)()

If you download Cobalt via Japanese Xbox site, doesn't it give you the Japanese version of the game? Or am I confusing this? Or maybe you guys don't mind the Japanese versions?
There is no special JP version of Cobalt so you can play the game in English. Had there been a JP version then, yes, downloading from the JP store would give you the JP version.

Regarding the second question, I play JP games to practice my Japanese. So, not only don't I mind, but I think it's a big plus. A game like Cobalt, though, even if it had been in Japanese would not have been much of a language challenge.
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 06 August 17 at 18:20
Allgorhythm said:
Knoell said:
A Fatal Legacy said:

There is no special JP version of Cobalt so you can play the game in English. Had there been a JP version then, yes, downloading from the JP store would give you the JP version.

Regarding the second question, I play JP games to practice my Japanese. So, not only don't I mind, but I think it's a big plus. A game like Cobalt, though, even if it had been in Japanese would not have been much of a language challenge.
Thanks for the info!
SlayerSpecial
SlayerSpecial
Posted on 06 August 17 at 23:33
I know people go crazy on every game which is free, but personally - and I'm nor rich - I have no interest in a game just because it's free. I have a valid Xbox Live subscription for 13 years, and very rarely download the free games.
Luku38
Luku38
Posted on 07 August 17 at 08:45
Narco road for wildlands is £7.19
in 2012, dracula was feasting on virgin's blood. now, 2017, he starved to death....
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 07 August 17 at 15:55
SlayerSpecial said:
I know people go crazy on every game which is free, but personally - and I'm nor rich - I have no interest in a game just because it's free. I have a valid Xbox Live subscription for 13 years, and very rarely download the free games.
I think the thing about the free games is that it opens you up to new game experiences that you might not have risked paying money for.

Also you don't even have to download them. Just register that you bought them and cancel the download. I'm telling you in 6 months when you hear that this one game was really cool, and you go to buy it, it is an amazing thing to see you already have it through games with gold.

That's just me though. I was kind of the same way but for a different reason - digital libraries scare me. Who knows when the entire library will be rendered useless by shutting down Xbox Live or whatever. But I am all in with digital now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.