The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: August 1st, 2017

• GlynniepoosGlynniepoos125,494
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 09:50Permalink
    Bayonetta for nothing? What's not to like?! I already own it on disc, but a digital copy will save me the bother of having to get up, walk to my game shelf, take it out of the box and put it into the drive. I mean, who needs that kind of hassle in this day and age?

Modern life favours the lazy.
  • Vr EnglishVr English641,873
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 10:11Permalink
    TearsOfAClown9 said:
    "Sales" laugh
    I laugh and cry.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 August 17 at 10:58Permalink
    At least put the mw3 dlc on sale come on!
    Obtained the shadows rushed me.
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 11:17Permalink
    Jackimo1999 said:
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate how ridiculous the Australian prices for Call of Duty are? In the US, Modern Warfare is $10. Seems fair. The game is ten years old. Still more than I'd pay in a brick and mortar store though. In Australia, its 25. What the actual ****? I'm used to paying more but not two and a half times more. The regular price is $50! I could go buy eight physical copies for that much!

Needless to say, I'm not getting anything in the 360 bargain bin this week.
    You don't pay 2,5x more, you pay 2x more, as 10USD=12,5AUD. If there is no sales tax that is, which varies from state to state. I find it baffeling that people don't seem to get that USD,CAD,AUD and so on are different currencies. They're not worth the same because they're all called dollars. You wouldn't expect a Euro and a british pound to be worth the same, so why would you think that the different Dollars are worth the same?
  • Jackimo1999Jackimo1999111,655
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 12:01Permalink
    Fanta Morgana said:
    Jackimo1999 said:
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate how ridiculous the Australian prices for Call of Duty are? In the US, Modern Warfare is $10. Seems fair. The game is ten years old. Still more than I'd pay in a brick and mortar store though. In Australia, its 25. What the actual ****? I'm used to paying more but not two and a half times more. The regular price is $50! I could go buy eight physical copies for that much!

You don't pay 2,5x more, you pay 2x more, as 10USD=12,5AUD. If there is no sales tax that is, which varies from state to state. I find it baffeling that people don't seem to get that USD,CAD,AUD and so on are different currencies. They're not worth the same because they're all called dollars. You wouldn't expect a Euro and a british pound to be worth the same, so why would you think that the different Dollars are worth the same?
    10 USD is actually 11 AUD, meaning we're paying 23 USD. Besides, let's say for argument's sake that you're right and we're paying twice as much. That is still insane. I shouldn't get charged twice or two and a half times as much because I live in Australia.
  • AlahertAlahert682,543
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 13:07Permalink
    Vr English said:
    TearsOfAClown9 said:
    "Sales" laugh
    I laugh and cry.
    I just cry...a lot..
    TWiN$ 777
  • Strykerz911Strykerz911229,369
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 15:25Permalink
    FreshAspek said:
    I feel like $15 is still too high for MW3. My disc broke but I don't feel like I can justify replacing it at that price
    Agreed. Actually bought MW3 off ebay for $6.
  • K0RNMA5T3SK0RNMA5T3S721,671
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 16:26Permalink
    Move along people, nothing to see here.
  • allstar738allstar738292,251
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 16:38Permalink
    Jackimo1999 said:

Without bringing politics in to explain the idea of inflation, you also have to realize that the exchange rate is not the same. That being said, it's also not 2.5x more. So again, I'll point to politics for this. It can be a mixture of high taxes, what the average yearly income for the average Australian family is, or what kind of political party is in charge of your country. I can't answer those as I don't live there.
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool1,200,964
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 18:19Permalink
    might as well snag tekken for $5
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:22Permalink
    ThorsBaldEagle said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Anyone played Alien Rage?
    yeah great little game. Voices of Demspey & Marcus Fenix as well. Can't go wrong.
    You had me at Marcus Fenix.
  • ProfiliaProfilia147,792
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:42Permalink
    Um... DLC? Can't possibly have that on sale at the same time as the game, would make too much sense. warning
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,309,665
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:42Permalink
    Tatl360 said:
    Forza Horizon 2 is really good for those who don't have it.
    Just consider it an expansion of the first one instead of comparing it with the Xbox One version.
    The handling is exactly like the first and no DLC.
    And less than month ago it had a better discount, which was still too much for an old game. Waiting better discount or gwg.
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:44Permalink
    I was really hoping for Assassin's Creed DLC on sale.
  • XystraXystra112,848
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 22:34Permalink
    what? Modern Warfare 2 is under $20? shocking!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead501,165
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 22:37, Edited on 01 August 17 at 23:01 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Jackimo1999 said:
    Fanta Morgana said:
    Jackimo1999 said:

10 USD is actually 11 AUD, meaning we're paying 23 USD. Besides, let's say for argument's sake that you're right and we're paying twice as much. That is still insane. I shouldn't get charged twice or two and a half times as much because I live in Australia.
    You are not paying 2.5 times as much, you are paying the exact same price for that game as people pay in the US.

You have no concept of foreign currency and exchange rates. First you try and make out the 10 USD = 10 AUD. Then you claim 10 USD is 11 AUD despite being told that 10 USD = 12.5 AUD.

allstar738 said:
    Without bringing politics in to explain the idea of inflation, you also have to realize that the exchange rate is not the same. That being said, it's also not 2.5x more. So again, I'll point to politics for this. It can be a mixture of high taxes, what the average yearly income for the average Australian family is, or what kind of political party is in charge of your country. I can't answer those as I don't live there.
    allstar738 is right.

Minimum wage in Australia is $18.29 AUD, in the US it is $7.25 USD

To buy Modern Warfare in Australia you would have to work for 82 minutes to earn $25 AUD and in the US you would have to work for 82 minutes to earn $10 USD.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 02 August 17 at 06:18Permalink
    Tekken 6 only interesting deal since I haven't played in a very long time and going to pick it up to hopefully finish it this time around.
    ~TheOutlawOfOhio~
  • Czesio83Czesio83464,154
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 12:39Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Anyone played Alien Rage?
    Style game like bulletstorm,Where do you play for points.But you have to lurk in the corner
    Because you are dead in 2 seconds(
    Even on the easy).On the plus cool weapons (
    Each has two shot modes).

You do not have to collect garbage!
    Achievement only for playing at the highest level.When unlocking a super pistol, each opponent hits one shot.
    Only the bosses can make some more funcry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.