Game Discussion: Cobalt

GwG August Japan

• Throni360Throni3602,226,903
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,008,184
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,975
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 20:10
    Both links work for me--thanks for the info.
  • mls4130mls4130200,496
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 21:18
    somebody brought up in the GwG main post that this might be iffy to grab on a US account, any thoughts on that? I got the JP Zoo Tycoon without issue, but would love some confirmation that this is all kosher

Thanks!
  • DavehxDavehx570,372
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 21:56
    My XBox just popped up a notification that this was ready to play. I've never set my box as Japan and have made no ateempt to find this. It just downloaded itself. I'm not complaining.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl212,306
    Posted on 01 August 17 at 22:29
    mls4130 said:
    somebody brought up in the GwG main post that this might be iffy to grab on a US account, any thoughts on that? I got the JP Zoo Tycoon without issue, but would love some confirmation that this is all kosher

Thanks!
    It's not like Microsoft is going to ban you. The worst thing that's ever happened is ownership of the game being revoked, and in all the cases I know if, it's because something went free on accident.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,975
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 02:21
    mls4130 said:

Thanks!
    I have quite a few US GamerTags and several JP GamerTags. I've been acquiring JP content for the US GamerTags and US content for the JP GamerTags for over ten years. Over that period of time, I have contacted US & JP Microsoft support on numerous occasions. They have been quite helpful in assisting me acquire the content I need.

Because, unlike the 360, US X1 consoles can play JP content and JP X1 consoles can play US content, acquiring content from different regions has become a lot easier. I believe this was deliberate and it was a conscious decision by Microsoft to relax the region restrictions that were designed into the 360. Note that the PS3 was region free for games.
  • mls4130mls4130200,496
    Posted on 02 August 17 at 15:16
    Allgorhythm said:
    mls4130 said:

Thanks!
    I have quite a few US GamerTags and several JP GamerTags. I've been acquiring JP content for the US GamerTags and US content for the JP GamerTags for over ten years. Over that period of time, I have contacted US & JP Microsoft support on numerous occasions. They have been quite helpful in assisting me acquire the content I need.

Because, unlike the 360, US X1 consoles can play JP content and JP X1 consoles can play US content, acquiring content from different regions has become a lot easier. I believe this was deliberate and it was a conscious decision by Microsoft to relax the region restrictions that were designed into the 360. Note that the PS3 was region free for games.
    thank you for the thorough response, I appreciate it and feel at ease now. thanks for your input as well zeldafanjtl
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.