Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears of War 4 August Update Arrives

• Obscure AleObscure Ale264,137
    Posted on 03 August 17 at 22:46
    Damn! 500 credits a win, I need to start playing a game each day this month then :D
  • Posted on 03 August 17 at 22:47
    Update size?
  • Posted on 03 August 17 at 23:00
    Marcos Aspira said:
    Update size?
    4.5gb
  • Posted on 03 August 17 at 23:27, Edited on 04 August 17 at 00:10 by Crimson Drifter
    Co Versus AI works for the win bonus!
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 04 August 17 at 09:06
    OLOT said:
    2. TC did not make Judgement. They took over the game late. They were Black Tusk and rebranded themselves TC. When they took over Syberite had been broken for ages. It took them months to try and fix it and finally they had a guy go in and manually change it everyday. They did this for 30 days then announced they'd do it for 30 more. They even extended it almost another 30 days. They made it clear that was it. They were in final stages of gears 4 and had to move on. This was all made very public on TA. It's not coming back.
    TC said on the official GoW:J forums that they are looking into Sybarite. But they never clearly stated that they've given up on fixing Sybarite. Granted, their last post regarding this was two years ago and to this day people keep asking them when they'll fix that. But no answer is also an answer.
    Math is the only place where you can buy 60 watermelons and no one questions you.
  • Sneaky G WizardSneaky G Wizard1,610,598
    Posted on 04 August 17 at 13:52
    Excuse my language but Dom looks like shit laugh
  • styze2styze21,020,345
    Posted on 04 August 17 at 18:57
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    Of course they fixed the speed run methods. Oh well, we'll find new ones in an attempt to make this game less of a grind.
    Reclaimed dance
  • OLOTOLOT1,068,027
    Posted on 04 August 17 at 23:40
    Mia Archibald said:
    OLOT said:
    2. TC did not make Judgement. They took over the game late. They were Black Tusk and rebranded themselves TC. When they took over Syberite had been broken for ages. It took them months to try and fix it and finally they had a guy go in and manually change it everyday. They did this for 30 days then announced they'd do it for 30 more. They even extended it almost another 30 days. They made it clear that was it. They were in final stages of gears 4 and had to move on. This was all made very public on TA. It's not coming back.
    TC said on the official GoW:J forums that they are looking into Sybarite. But they never clearly stated that they've given up on fixing Sybarite. Granted, their last post regarding this was two years ago and to this day people keep asking them when they'll fix that. But no answer is also an answer.
    Here's a link to the Fix they ran 2 years ago:
    https://gearsofwar.com/en-nz/forums/ded6e8635e5746839bcfd088...

There's another thread somewhere in the forums where they explained that something was wrong with the coding on the events "Ribbon ID". It was part of Epic's solution to fix what happened with Gears 3. (Everyone got credit for an event for every match they played, regardless if it was even the "event". people idling got 1000's of ribbons and everyone had the cheevo 3 weeks into the Gears 3 release.)

As they did not create Judgement, their team had not worked on the coding. It was not a simple fix and they were not willing/able to pull resources off Gears 4 to decode/recode Judgement. Their only simple fix was to have an employee manually change the event "Ribbon ID" everyday for a set period of time to help everyone get the cheevo. They extended this process 2 more times and ultimately ran it for over 90 days.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe we are going to see them "fix" the coding. If only they could figure out a way to sell crates for real money that would automatically change the "Ribbon ID" every day. Then we'd all be set!
  • Posted on 05 August 17 at 14:48, Edited on 05 August 17 at 14:49 by PrinceRules64
    I actually learnt a lot from reading this comments thread (as well as the article). I kind of regret missing the legitimate horde speed runs while they were available
    =Semper Fi=
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads