Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday the 13th: The Game Physical Copy Dated

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 03 August 17 at 18:25
Maybe the game will be finished by then

Please click here to read the story: Friday the 13th: The Game Physical Copy Dated
AKA Swede
AKA Swede
Posted on 03 August 17 at 18:50
Waiting for that date is going to suck. It's probably finished, just holding out for that date ;)
You have business cards? You're a stormtrooper. There's like a million of you.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 03 August 17 at 18:52
I'm honestly surprised this game got the buzz it did. Having known nothing about the game when it originally dropped, I went back and glanced at the Kickstarter and there's really quite a few holes. From stretch goals that seemed to be in a lazily applied order with no real thought given, to their odd stance on publishers; insisting that if they had a publisher, they wouldn't be able to have the same level of violence, gore, and nudity (despite that being complete rubbish considering the games by major publishers today, and despite said nudity obviously not being in the game).

Also, somewhat irrelevant I guess, but as an odd aside, Xbox didn't get the "achieve all achievements" achievement. PS4 and Steam did, though. PS4 is obviously a given, but the addition on Steam shows they weren't shy about adding it, so its exclusion on Xbox is... weird. People have finished the game on Steam, as well. Makes me wonder if the PS4 version can be completed as well, and that being a missing achievement on Xbox is just a sign that it got the shaft on achievements for some reason.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
foreverzerov2
foreverzerov2
Posted on 03 August 17 at 19:11
i love this game so fun yea it has some unobtainable and it had some launch issues but its very fun and has a usually very good community of players playing it.
Spidermouse
Spidermouse
Posted on 03 August 17 at 19:43
I can't wait for this physical exclusive skin to accidentally be released for everyone.
SilentRich69
SilentRich69
Posted on 03 August 17 at 20:02
foreverzerov2 said:
i love this game so fun yea it has some unobtainable and it had some launch issues but its very fun and has a usually very good community of players playing it.
The unobtainables now work, even though them being fixed wasn't in the patch notes. The all kills achievement hasn't been unlocked yet but it now tracks thankfully.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
SerialThrillaUK
Posted on 03 August 17 at 20:10
I've downloaded this game. i think it's not worth a Physical copy as they is no story to it whatsoever, playing multiplayer i felt like i was coned out of my money for the price i payed and as a whole it just felt rushed. if you like your games rushed and repetitive and want to pay a lot for a unfinished game then good on you for wasting your money. One of the few PS4 games that i felt sorry for buying. i will get hate for saying all this bad stuff. But I don't care to be honest.
Fallout 4: Dogmeats Supernatural strength http://youtu.be/b2K5nZcrc9k
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 03 August 17 at 20:19
AKA Swede said:
Waiting for that date is going to suck. It's probably finished, just holding out for that date ;)
That's what I was thinking laugh
TWiN$ 777
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 03 August 17 at 22:12
i'm one of the dinosaurs who much prefer a physical copy. will be getting this.rock
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 03 August 17 at 22:28
I still kinda want to play this but only if the matchmaking issues are truly sorted out. And lowering the Jason kill requirements would be lovely too but I doubt that's gonna happen!
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 03 August 17 at 22:57
AKA Swede said:
They set they would release some single player content (for free) at some point. I would assume that the physical version will include that content, which is obviously not done yet.
Elemant Zero
Posted on 04 August 17 at 00:33, Edited on 04 August 17 at 00:44 by Elemant Zero
HVAC Techie said:
I'm honestly surprised this game got the buzz it did. Having known nothing about the game when it originally dropped, I went back and glanced at the Kickstarter and there's really quite a few holes. From stretch goals that seemed to be in a lazily applied order with no real thought given, to their odd stance on publishers; insisting that if they had a publisher, they wouldn't be able to have the same level of violence, gore, and nudity (despite that being complete rubbish considering the games by major publishers today, and despite said nudity obviously not being in the game).

Also, somewhat irrelevant I guess, but as an odd aside, Xbox didn't get the "achieve all achievements" achievement. PS4 and Steam did, though. PS4 is obviously a given, but the addition on Steam shows they weren't shy about adding it, so its exclusion on Xbox is... weird. People have finished the game on Steam, as well. Makes me wonder if the PS4 version can be completed as well, and that being a missing achievement on Xbox is just a sign that it got the shaft on achievements for some reason.
It can't be completed on Ps4, it has one unobtainable which is "A Ph.D. in Murder", Ps4 is also missing two trophies which Xbox and Steam got which is "The (Unlikely) Final Girl" and "Teddy Protector" so there is no bias, its just a game that is really glitched.

Even on steam people are having trouble unlocking really simple achievements and people have had ones unlocked for no reason, its glitched all around.

You would think it would have been fixed by now, the longer this goes on the more I worry if they will ever be fixed.
Elemant Zero
Posted on 04 August 17 at 00:35, Edited on 04 August 17 at 01:59 by Elemant Zero
SerialThrillaUK said:
I've downloaded this game. i think it's not worth a Physical copy as they is no story to it whatsoever, playing multiplayer i felt like i was coned out of my money for the price i payed and as a whole it just felt rushed. if you like your games rushed and repetitive and want to pay a lot for a unfinished game then good on you for wasting your money. One of the few PS4 games that i felt sorry for buying. i will get hate for saying all this bad stuff. But I don't care to be honest.
I am with you mate, I wish I waited for a physical copy cause then I could have at least sold it after. It's great when it works but sadly that is very rarely even after all the patches. I just want the trophies/achievements to be fixed so I can finish it, I may come back to it later down the line.
TURUT
TURUT
Posted on 05 August 17 at 05:53
best indie game by far.love it.fix the achievements please.plus when it comes to retail there will be a single player.can't wait.
turut
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.