Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Xbox Wireless Controllers and Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10 Revealed

AuthorMessage
Viper8828
Viper8828
Posted on 04 August 17 at 16:24, Edited on 04 August 17 at 16:34 by Viper8828
the volcano shadow is awesome and the rubber grips could be nice is done properly BUT I WILL NEVER EVER PAY $60+ for a F*CKING CONTROLLER!!!! they should be $50 max, f*ck $70, its just f*cking plastic!!! and its not even like they make it so consoles can play 4 people on one anymore anyway, ugh I f*cking hate the video game market now! I cant even say how many thousands of hours I played with 4 people in games like Twisted Metal Mario Kart and Halo1...
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 04 August 17 at 18:00, Edited on 04 August 17 at 18:04 by is that Hydro
DrMmmPie said:
Big Ell said:
It's spelled adapter. With an e, not an o. Holy crap, now you have all the commenters spelling it wrong.
Ah typical American, doesn't know how the word is really slept smile

Each of the new controllers will connect with any Xbox One or Xbox One X once it comes out.
I would bloody well hope so. Would love to get one but already have 4.
UK tends to use Adaptor for devices & Adapter for people. US is the other way around.
Both are accepted but when you type "Adaptor" it spell checks to "Adapter."

Felt good to get my two cents in dance

Viper8828 said:
the volcano shadow is awesome and the rubber grips could be nice is done properly BUT I WILL NEVER EVER PAY $60+ for a F*CKING CONTROLLER!!!! they should be $50 max, f*ck $70, its just f*cking plastic!!! and its not even like they make it so consoles can play 4 people on one anymore anyway, ugh I f*cking hate the video game market now! I cant even say how many thousands of hours I played with 4 people in games like Twisted Metal Mario Kart and Halo1...
Well considering that I only dropped my limited edition controller once, and from like a foot height unto a pretty darn fluffy carpet... Now it wont recognize any mic or accessory plugged into it - worthless trash is what I gotta say.
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 04 August 17 at 18:43
Where's this supposed Minecraft inspired controller? I don't see it on the website
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 04 August 17 at 20:23
Stevo6483 said:
Nice, but why do we still not have official wireless headsets? They should be standard by now.
This!roll
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 04 August 17 at 22:34
Stevo6483 said:
Nice, but why do we still not have official wireless headsets? They should be standard by now.
Damn straight. I've been saying the same thing since Day 1. At least let my 360 Microsoft Wireless Headset work with the X1.
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 05 August 17 at 00:48
Killing it with these controller options, they all look pretty sweet.
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 05 August 17 at 01:18
Nice designs, wont buy one though as I dont know how they justify charging double just because of a coloured case.
Check out True Tube for all the latest Xbox One Indie Games Reviews & regular monthly giveaways https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 05 August 17 at 02:34
Beanpotter said:
Johnny Broflex said:
Am I the only one that sees orange, not red?
I had to scroll back up when people started talking about the red one. It's orange!
Microsoft says it's red: smile
Volcano Shadow Special Edition - $69.99
Description
This special edition Xbox controller features a sleek, streamlined design, fiery red metallic finish, textured grip, and Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 PCs and tablets.
Release date: 9/18/2017
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 05 August 17 at 02:37
Buttercup III said:
Where's this supposed Minecraft inspired controller? I don't see it on the website
I believe the light grey with green accents are supposed to be XBox colors:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/g...
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 05 August 17 at 04:45
Allgorhythm said:
Buttercup III said:

But how is that "Minecraft inspired"?
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 05 August 17 at 13:03
ive pre ordered the volcano shadow as one of my cod advanced warfare controller rb buttons has stopped working and was looking for another controller.

also if your looking for a controller game.co.uk has a good offer just now

either red, blue, white or black controller
+ 3 month gold
+ rocket league

= £54.99

bought a red one for daughter as she also needed a replacement, i thought was a fairly good deal
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 05 August 17 at 13:46
Buttercup III said:
Allgorhythm said:
Buttercup III said:

But how is that "Minecraft inspired"?
I must be getting feeble in my old age. I had glossed over that thinking it was Microsoft inspired. In my defense, I do believe that the article should have said Microsoft inspired and not Minecraft inspired. As you so aptly point out, there is no Minecraft theme but you do have the colors of the Microsoft XBox logo.
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 05 August 17 at 14:30
Buttercup III said:
i think the post is in reference to design labs controllers, where you can maybe make a minecraft inspired controller. it doesn't mean you can buy a minecraft controller of the shelf, but design one yourself.

the post then goes on to mention 3 new controllers designs are available now(soon in some places)

the three controllers pictured you can buy of the shelf as such, green/grey, volcano shadow and patrol tech.

hope this helps
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 05 August 17 at 19:03
scotwolf2 said:
Buttercup III said:
i think the post is in reference to design labs controllers, where you can maybe make a minecraft inspired controller. it doesn't mean you can buy a minecraft controller of the shelf, but design one yourself.

the post then goes on to mention 3 new controllers designs are available now(soon in some places)

the three controllers pictured you can buy of the shelf as such, green/grey, volcano shadow and patrol tech.

hope this helps
Is it possible to customize the pre made designs? Like to add the rubber grips or metallic triggers?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 05 August 17 at 22:31
Buttercup III said:
Is it possible to customize the pre made designs? Like to add the rubber grips or metallic triggers?
Yes. When you design the back, rubberized grips are available for $5.99 as an option:

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-us/customize?productid=900...

A month or so ago, the Design Lab ran a special where you could get free rubberized grips with your purchase.
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 05 August 17 at 22:52
Volcano looks cool to me, but ain't got $70 to drop on a controller. Would rather get a game at that price! :o
War...war never changes.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 06 August 17 at 00:23
Allgorhythm said:
Buttercup III said:
Yes. When you design the back, rubberized grips are available for $5.99 as an option:

A month or so ago, the Design Lab ran a special where you could get free rubberized grips with your purchase.
They asked if it was possible to customize the pre-made designs, not the customizable designs....
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 August 17 at 02:29, Edited on 06 August 17 at 02:38 by Allgorhythm
Elyoh said:
Allgorhythm said:
Buttercup III said:

They asked if it was possible to customize the pre-made designs, not the customizable designs....
Some of the pre-made designs referred to in the article can be 'edited.' The special Final Fantasy, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Forza Motorsport 7, & Sea of Thieves pre-made designs can be 'edited' to add the rubberized grips or metallic triggers that @Buttercup III inquired about. (Three of the four already have rubberized grips and all four have metallic triggers. However, colors can be changed, rubberized grips if part of the pre-made design can be removed, non-metallic triggers and D-pads can be substituted for the metallic triggers and D-pads that are part of the pre-made designs). Other pre-made designs referred to in the article, however, cannot be edited such as the Shadow series (not to be confused with the pre-made Shadow of War controller) or the Tech series.

One might note that the less expensive pre-made designs (69.99 USD) cannot be edited. The more expensive pre-made designs (beginning at 86.97 USD) can be edited.
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 06 August 17 at 02:35
I really want the Patrol Tech one, but don't know if the cn_RBcn_LB is fixed.
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 06h 56m (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 August 17 at 02:42
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
I really want the Patrol Tech one, but don't know if the cn_RBcn_LB is fixed.
I have had no problems with cn_RB or cn_LB on my recon tech controller. I've used it to play games where the buttons are used extensively.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.