Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Xbox Wireless Controllers and Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10 Revealed

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 06 August 17 at 03:14
TechnoTomato said:
The Volcano Shadow is beautiful.
+1, I love how it looks too. clap
[Insert clever and humorous comment here]
AndresAwesome
AndresAwesome
Posted on 06 August 17 at 04:11
And I got the old shitty huge adapter... It actually sucks I want this new one.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 06 August 17 at 04:39
Clever Jake said:
Big Ell said:
It's spelled adapter. With an e, not an o. Holy crap, now you have all the commenters spelling it wrong.
I'm fairly sure both are acceptable spellings.
I'm a bit late to this discussion, but you are quite correct. I am fascinated by spelling variations between UK, US, AU and NZ, and love learning that what they tought me in school (rooves, gaol) is now wrong (roofs, jail).

Adapter is the most common spelling of the word in both US and UK, however you can use adaptor if you want, for now.

However, the correct spelling in this instance is adapter:
US - http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/w...
UK - http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/w...
AU - http://www.xbox.com/en-au/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/w...
NZ - http://www.xbox.com/en-nz/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/w...
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Petrolium Bear
Posted on 06 August 17 at 09:53
I would like to see the Xbox Labs hub at Eurogamer this year. I wonder if you can create your own controller then and there and they make it for you.
Play for achievements. Play for fun. Secret Achievements aren't so secret when it tells you there is a 'Secret Achievement'
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 07 August 17 at 14:38
DrSchlepenstein said:
Stevo6483 said:
Nice, but why do we still not have official wireless headsets? They should be standard by now.
Damn straight. I've been saying the same thing since Day 1. At least let my 360 Microsoft Wireless Headset work with the X1.
Do they? I had a 360 Halo 3 wireless headset (the older shape ones) but it broke last year. Do all 360 wireless headsets work on the One, or just the square-looking ones they rolled out later in the 360's lifecycle?
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
ShokuPanMike
ShokuPanMike
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:50
Does it say 'For Windows 10' to make you think you need Windows 10 for it to work or can those of us who are riding out Windows 7, because we're stuck in our ways, able to use this controller?
Less work, more play!
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 08 August 17 at 09:55
ShokuPanMike said:
Does it say 'For Windows 10' to make you think you need Windows 10 for it to work or can those of us who are riding out Windows 7, because we're stuck in our ways, able to use this controller?
Windows 10 includes the drivers for the controllers, I imagine in Windows 7 you'd just need to download them separately (Don't take me word for it though).
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 08 August 17 at 12:02
ShokuPanMike said:
You can use the controllers in Windows 7--I still have one Windows 7 box. However, the controller app is a Windows 10 app so you won't be able to use the app in Windows 7.
Vince989
Vince989
Posted on 28 October 17 at 18:48
Allgorhythm said:
ShokuPanMike said:
You can use the controllers in Windows 7--I still have one Windows 7 box. However, the controller app is a Windows 10 app so you won't be able to use the app in Windows 7.
Thankfully you can! I might buy one someday, to de-wired the controller plugged to my PC...
- Vince989
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.