Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Screenshots, Teaser and Details Released for Q.U.B.E. 2

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 05 August 17 at 00:47
More fun than a Q.U.B.E. of monkeys

Please click here to read the story: New Screenshots, Teaser and Details Released for Q.U.B.E. 2
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 05 August 17 at 06:57
Kool def interested in this first one was cool.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 05 August 17 at 10:46
I wanted to play the first one for a very long time and this also looks great!
TWiN$ 777
PrestonPreston
Posted on 05 August 17 at 11:41
"In the TrueAchievements community, puzzle-platformer Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut is well known as being one of the easiest titles to complete on Xbox One."

Oh dear, is that true? How embarrassing for me... I'm missing one achievement in it for some reason?!
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 05 August 17 at 14:14
I've been meaning to play Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut. Looks like the sequel will also be visually stunning.
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 05 August 17 at 18:58
PrestonPreston said:
"In the TrueAchievements community, puzzle-platformer Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut is well known as being one of the easiest titles to complete on Xbox One."

Oh dear, is that true? How embarrassing for me... I'm missing one achievement in it for some reason?!
Same, i put the time trials on hold for a rainy day laugh
The first was enjoyable, if the second has a deeper story im in
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 05 August 17 at 21:03
Figbender said:
PrestonPreston said:

Same, i put the time trials on hold for a rainy day laugh
The first was enjoyable, if the second has a deeper story im in
Those time trials aren't that easy, IMO.
Honestly, I didn't find the game good enough for me to want to become proficient enough in the controls to be able to complete the trials! Even at the end of the campaign, I found myself having to think about how to input the commands for what I wanted to do.
PrestonPreston
Posted on 06 August 17 at 01:55
Ohhh right, the time trials, I remember now! Yeah I don't remember them being particularly easy either, or at least the one/ones I was on when I decided to move onto something else.
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 06 August 17 at 09:43
Based off of Xbox one game stats there are around 150 Xbox one games that the community found easier to complete than Q.U.B.E with it being sat at 1332 TA score. With the one time trial based achievement sat at a 1.98 ratio seems to have blocked a few people from completing it.

I thought it was an okay game, so a second bigger more improved version should be good.
I think the biggest problem with these Portal clones is whether or not the narrative is interesting or not. The Turing Test had a good memorable narrative, Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut, not so much.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 06 August 17 at 10:02
Definitely want to try the first, let alone the sequel. Both look stunning!
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Yin
Yin
Posted on 06 August 17 at 21:32
Wow this is a huge graphical improvement over the first. Very impressed.
The lesser half of the Yin Yang gaming couple. ;)
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 07 August 17 at 07:15
DANIELJJ14 said:
Based off of Xbox one game stats there are around 150 Xbox one games that the community found easier to complete than Q.U.B.E with it being sat at 1332 TA score. With the one time trial based achievement sat at a 1.98 ratio seems to have blocked a few people from completing it.
Yeah the time trial kicked my ass. I can't seem to master the controls for the final few missions I need to do. I'm like two stars short and can't manage to finish it up. Saying it's one of the easiest games is kind of wacky.

DANIELJJ14 said:
I thought it was an okay game, so a second bigger more improved version should be good.
I think the biggest problem with these Portal clones is whether or not the narrative is interesting or not. The Turing Test had a good memorable narrative, Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut, not so much.
Never played Turing Test (I intend to) but I kinda liked QUBE's story. It was simple, nothing too dramatic, but it had me wondering what the hell was going on. There's plenty of games with bigger budgets that can't say the same. Something like Magnetic: Cage Closed on the other hand. Ugh.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.