TrueAchievement
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:38
The latest games, bundles and downloadable content sales from Xbox Live

Please click here to read the story: Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 8th, 2017
Yin
Yin
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:42, Edited on 08 August 17 at 01:02 by Yin
This week is kind to my wallet! dance

No recommendations from me based on the selection and these prices. I'm picking up the Skylar & Plux and Demon's Crystals games though!

Edit:
I lied. Fanta Morgana has a point, I'd recommend Plants vz Zombies: Garden Warfare 2; especially if you have a little one at home (if you play games with your child on two consoles, it becomes a must buy).
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:47
I'd recommend Blood Bowl 2 and PvZ:GW2, however you may be able to pick up both for less physical.
Morg v
Morg v
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:51
Any views on Homefront? £12 including the DLC seems a bargain.
Yin
Yin
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:54, Edited on 08 August 17 at 00:56 by Yin
CountedTomato20 said:
Certain Redbox locations are selling the disc for $1.99 (no case, likely heavily used). I've heard nothing but bad things from players, so I personally wouldn't jump on it.

Link to Redbox Store page
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:55, Edited on 08 August 17 at 00:56 by FightingMegaFoo
Why would anybody buy a Megalodon cash card at $85, when you can buy the bundle for $64? shock Even if I already owned GTA 5, I would buy the bundle to get the Megalodon card.
capicawl
capicawl
Posted on 08 August 17 at 00:59
Skylar and plux for me for next years gtasc. Other than that, nothing piques my interest.
xMARCx
xMARCx
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:00
Sooo the Megalodon Shark Card + GTAV is cheaper than just the card on its own? shock

Kind of glad I gave up Rockstar games after Gay Tony & Red Dead Redemption..
Don't buy new games... if you can wait 9 months and clean out your backlog you'll save $50.
PsychicChicken
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:07
I set a price tracker for GTAV just so every week I would have an alert at the top of the page. It's nice to see alerts, even if I just delete them...
Jakben14
Jakben14
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:08
Still waiting on word about a Forza Horizon 3 Platinum Edition or a complete DLC collection for that game.
SgtScrotes310
SgtScrotes310
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:24
was hoping for Forza horizon 3 hot wheels DLC to drop in price. guess i'll wait it out. tempted on hitman though..... hhhmmmmm.
Yinga Garten
Yinga Garten
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:26
Sometimes you need a bad week of sales to make up for the previous few weeks, might give Late Shift a look though if some credit comes in this week.
FFX Brotherhood
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:32
Nothing for me yet. Maybe something in the 360 sales.
I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
AES0P
AES0P
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:45
Super Dungeon Bros is free until September 1st on the Windows Store
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 08 August 17 at 01:54, Edited on 08 August 17 at 01:55 by JumboWario
Yinga Garten said:
Sometimes you need a bad week of sales to make up for the previous few weeks, might give Late Shift a look though if some credit comes in this week.
I really enjoyed late shift. It was a unique experience. Wouldn't call it a game though. I think its referred to as an interactive movie.
Game On.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 08 August 17 at 02:26
SgtScrotes310 said:
was hoping for Forza horizon 3 hot wheels DLC to drop in price. guess i'll wait it out.
Same. One for Black Friday perhaps.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 08 August 17 at 02:34
Skylar for me, maybe PvZ...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 08 August 17 at 02:40
Yin said:
CountedTomato20 said:
Certain Redbox locations are selling the disc for $1.99 (no case, likely heavily used). I've heard nothing but bad things from players, so I personally wouldn't jump on it.

Link to Redbox Store page
I have also been inclined to get this, but all i hear is that the game overall is shit. Perhaps the 4K patch will fix that...lol
DAN5KI97
DAN5KI97
Posted on 08 August 17 at 03:00
Why can't they put plants vs zombies garden warfare 1 on sale cry
DAN5KI97
matdan
matdan
Posted on 08 August 17 at 03:04
CountedTomato20 said:
As someone who has actually played on it, I think I can weigh in a better opinion.

The DLC is the best part of the game admittedly and I really wish the game had gone with that as their idea. The main story just kind of feels flat and doesn't really make you care about most of the characters. The DLC then introduces more interesting characters and has more urgency in the story then the main game.

Gameplay is a bit awkward everything feels a little off but if you played any shooters before it doesn't take long to get used to. The guerrilla tactics make for interesting ambushes and the ability to sneak into bases with an RC car to bomb the defenders or open the gates. Your weapon after having upgrades bought for it can be switched to a different weapon. While a nice feature, it really wasn't something I wanted to do in the middle of combat with the Norks. Same can be said for all the types of ways you can use your deployables, RC car, remote and proximity are by far the most useful.

Achievements are really glitchy and most that seem intended to take one playthrough take two or more. Thankfully all those achievements are cumulative with achievement trackers for you to follow. Hardest difficulty implies Deathwish which isn't hard at all if you have any experience with shooters.

Online is a mess, poor servers mean a horrible time connecting to anyone at all. Makes getting the online done a pain but then the co-op is fairly generic and is only good for as long as it takes to complete it which isn't long. If you do some co-op solo you can get a few of the kill related achievements done outside the campaign.

The game is enjoyable but it can be rather frustrating when it comes down to the last few achievements as with most games. You are definitely getting value getting it with the DLC.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.