Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Don't Knock Twice Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 09 August 17 at 18:49
28 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Don't Knock Twice Achievement List Revealed
GamerScoreM4STA
Posted on 09 August 17 at 19:07
Here's Johnny. Love the achievement title
Uskumgallu
Uskumgallu
Posted on 09 August 17 at 19:10
Yet another list riddled with collectibles. Am I the only one beyond sick and tired of collectibles?
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 09 August 17 at 19:21
Nope. I am sick of collectibles being the reason to play a freaking game!!!!!
gmurda33
gmurda33
Posted on 09 August 17 at 19:26
HOW DO THESE PEOPLE LOSE SO MUCH SHIT
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 09 August 17 at 20:35
Im jumping on the collectibles bandwagon, it a bad attempt to make a short game into a long game.
deluxnugs
deluxnugs
Posted on 09 August 17 at 21:13
Uskumgallu said:
Yet another list riddled with collectibles. Am I the only one beyond sick and tired of collectibles?
no you are not.
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 09 August 17 at 21:58
Uskumgallu said:
Nope. I think they are a cop out achievement wise. They are just lazy fucking achs. I wouldn't mind if the collectibles actually added anything to the game but 90% of them do NOTHING. Not much worse than having to use a video/textguide to not miss a collectible or have 2 do a 2nd play through. I mean even games like doom have collectibles, a fast paced shooter with collectibles! Why?!
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 09 August 17 at 22:07
NO1KEV said:
Uskumgallu said:
Nope. I think they are a cop out achievement wise. They are just lazy fucking achs. I wouldn't mind if the collectibles actually added anything to the game but 90% of them do NOTHING. Not much worse than having to use a video/textguide to not miss a collectible or have 2 do a 2nd play through. I mean even games like doom have collectibles, a fast paced shooter with collectibles! Why?!
Agreed. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing more on this title.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 09 August 17 at 23:30
The films actually decent, will probably pick this.up, surprised it's getting a game though
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 10 August 17 at 01:43
Knock once. If no answer, use the doorbell.
Bar6arian
Bar6arian
Posted on 10 August 17 at 10:51
Uskumgallu said:
I was interested in this game but if it's about collectibles then I'll pass so nope been tired of collectibles for a very long time myself.
Uskumgallu
Uskumgallu
Posted on 10 August 17 at 16:52
I'll still most likely pick this up since I have a hard time turning down "scary" games. But man, why can't devs find a better way to inject story information into their games outside of making me pick up a piece of paper off the ground in some strange spot I wouldn't normally care to look?

If the collectibles in this one don't add anything to the story, then fuck that. But even if they do, why should my play throughs be bogged down by finding this stuff when I just want to play the game and enjoy it. I find that most of the time collectibles can take you out of the experience when you're too focused on locating them. Could you imagine if it was the same in movies? The main character could only get chunks of information about what's going on when they found a note half sticking out from under a dresser? No. If anything, once the game is completed, put in an extra menu option that unlocks a "notebook" for example, with what would have been all the notes strewn about in the game for me to flip through afterwards. It would serve as a fun way post-game to fill in all the little gaps, or bring in new bits of information.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 10 August 17 at 22:33
Bibliophile Find 100% of collectables in a single playthrough. 100

Dead Clever Find 100% of collectables. 100

How creative.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.