Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Add the "online" icon to the game session page

AuthorMessage
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 11 August 17 at 02:53, Edited on 11 August 17 at 15:55 by MrZombieChicken
At the moment, next to the participants' names on the gaming session page, there are only two icons. One for sending a PM and the other links to their Xbox Live page. I propose we also add the Green/Red icon that is normally seen next to the names of your friends in the "My Friends" panel. This is the icon that indicates whether they are currently online on TA. This would be very helpful if you're part of a "whenever" session, where the goal is to find others who need the achievements and hook up with them on your own time. If this icon is on the page, you can easily tell who's online at a glace, and send them a PM to see if they're willing to boost the achievement right then.
This space for rent.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 11 August 17 at 13:41
I like the idea, but a chat system between two users needs to be in place then. Not everyone sees their PMs quickly, even if they are online. There needs to be a pop up that stays on the screen until they react to it. Something alike facebook.

+1 for search purposes.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 11 August 17 at 15:46
I am not looking for a whole communication system to be put in place. Certainly nothing that elaborate. The icon serves a simple purpose: "This guy is online here on TA and potentially at their console". However one chooses to contact them is up to the individual, be it via PMs or XBL messages.
This space for rent.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 11 August 17 at 15:54
Can't track the online status on Live. People would need to check directly on the xbox website.

And I know you aren't asking for a new communication system, but all I'm saying.... people are not seeing their PM's fast enough for this to work well.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 11 August 17 at 16:10
I know I am horrible at communicating my thoughts sometimes, so I'll try this again.
Suppose you and I have a session set up for this weekend. I happen to check the session page and see a green light next to your name. This tells me that you are online in some capacity. Then I can choose to shoot you a PM, message you from the Xbox site, or fire up my console and chat...or whatever. The green light basically tells me that the potential is there for us to communicate at that moment, and if you're free then we can boost the achievements. The idea does not restrict you one method of communication, it just says: "the light is on, I may be home" smile
This space for rent.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 11 August 17 at 16:51
I totally understand that, did that from the very beginning. But it seems you're missing my point. I could be on the website without having my console on, and i could be on my console and play a game and not be on the website.

I digress, the primary argument from me: It could take hours for me to realise I got a PM on TA from you. No matter if I was playing or not.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 13 August 17 at 06:19
This suggestion is useful.
I usually go to the game page, and then click on the "xx others want to boost" to see who is online.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 28 August 17 at 16:46
I'm just going to add to this thread instead of creating a new one.

I am going to go a step further. How about having a border around everyone's gamer pic that shows their status wherever the pic is displayed? Green for currently online on the site Red (or no border at all) for offline.
This space for rent.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.