Xbox One Forum

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

Achievements unlocking late and receiving an incorrect timestamp

AuthorMessage
Lumi of Eden
Lumi of Eden
Posted on 11 August 17 at 14:12
So, it's been a while since this happened and I've tried to find ways to fix this issue, but I haven't come across a solution. Basically—I was doing a playthrough of Teslapunk, and each stage has a boss battle at the end of it; defeating said boss unlocks an achievement for doing so. However, upon defeating the third boss, my achievement didn't unlock. I checked the achievement app to make sure that I hadn't missed it, but it didn't show up in the list, so I assumed everything was fine. It turned out that it was one of those instances where the requirement for the achievement had been met, but the achievement itself wouldn't unlock. I kept playing and after an hour or so the achievement unlocked.

Now, here's the problem: the achievement didn't receive the correct timestamp, and now my achievement order for the game looks invalid. Is there a way to fix this?
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 11 August 17 at 17:29
It's hard to avoid this. The servers could've been having issues when you actually met the requirements, but the problem is that it will not always keep that time stamp in every case. Only thing to do is to either wait for it to unlock when you know you should get it, or even redo the requirement so it could trigger it.
Lumi of Eden
Lumi of Eden
Posted on 11 August 17 at 18:28
I've had this same issue occuring in the past multiple times, but in those cases I've been fortunate to receive the correct timestamp. This wouldn't bother me as much if it was just some random achievement that can be unlocked at any given moment, but this is a story-related achievement. It's unlikely that I'll ever come across a solution to my problem, but I thought I'd see if anyone here knew anything about a possible solution.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 11 August 17 at 18:37
Unfortunately there's no solid solution as far as I know, having been hit with it a few times in the past too. Although I usually do get the correct timestamp too, rather than one at the time it actually popped up on my screen, even when they unlocked officially a day later. By any chance, does that boss come up again in a later level, just not as the actual end of level one? I'm wondering if possibly he appeared again and maybe that triggered the achievement fully.
Lumi of Eden
Lumi of Eden
Posted on 11 August 17 at 19:04, Edited on 22 August 17 at 15:34 by Lumi of Eden
If I'm not mistaken, the achievement unlocked a few minutes later after my first playthrough. A playthrough of Teslapunk consists of going through six stages—each with a boss fight at the end. It's a traditional shmup in the sense that it doesn't save your progress, so if you quit out then you have to start from the first stage again. Which is not a problem when a playthrough only takes about 25-30 minutes. Technically, it is possible to avoid these story-related achievements: the bosses actually have a timer, so if you don't destroy them within this time limit they'll flee from you. This won't get you the achievement, either, since you didn't actually destroy the boss. It's very unlikely that this will happen on a regular playthrough on the easiest difficulty setting.

Teslapunk is also quite unique in the sense that achievements don't unlock as soon as you meet the requirements: they only unlock once you clear the stage you were on when you met the requirement, or if you lose all your lives and choose not to continue.
BLACKPANTHERv88
Posted on 12 August 17 at 01:59
Currently no achievements have been tracking for me at all in both Wolfenstein the old blood where completing a nightmare level never unlocked and achievement to elite dangerous where destroying power plants was not ticking up achievement profession percentage. I believe maybe Xbox live is being affected atm.
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 12 August 17 at 21:24
Happened a few times with Bioshock (Xbox One) for me as well, granted it would USUALLY be nly minutes, though I did have a few thought didn't pop until I came back hours later.
youtube.com/glddgaming - Walkthroughs, Gameplays, and Achievement Help
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.