Game Discussion: Carmageddon: Max Damage Forum

PSA : Dont waste your time/money on this garbage.

AuthorMessage
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 12 August 17 at 03:41
Seriously.

This game is nothing more than the Goat Simulator of racing games. It's dull and broken as shit. None of the stats are tracking properly, giving you a headache every time you want to check your progress. The AI is just the worst thing ever. I've never seen such a bunch of shitstains bust my ball so hard, so if you plan on playing this get ready to get stitched up after these ballbusters makes yours fall.

After 30 hours or so of wrecking every opponents car you see you probably won't even want to bother chasing after the hundreds of peds you have to kill on each classic carma events. If you finally get through this hell, you'll be so relieved to finally hear the two achievements for completing the career. Ha, just kidding! If you're lucky as me and a bunch of others, none of the two achievements will pop even though you are at 100%, and you'll be sitting with an uncompleted and uncompletable game that most likely bored you to death after giving you one final blow just laughing at your ass for all the efforts you put killing an destroying every thing possible in the game. Enjoy!

This game is honestly worse than a game with discontinued achievements as when you play those you know what you're getting into beforehand. Anyways, make yourself a favor and don't waste your time on this garbage like I did, you will most likely regret it.
[Insert signature here.]
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 13 August 17 at 02:21
Carmageddon: Max Damage50 Shades of RedThe 50 Shades of Red achievement in Carmageddon: Max Damage worth 172 pointsComplete 63 different Career Events on any Difficulty

Carmageddon: Max DamageMax Damage!The Max Damage! achievement in Carmageddon: Max Damage worth 445 pointsComplete the Up Your Carma Mission

I take it you are referring to these two achievements? They didn't pop for me when the in-game counter showed I had met the requirements. I went through the game a second time and 3/4 of the way through, they both popped right after one another.

While there is some issue which hasn't been found by the developer, it is possible to unlock the two achievements. It just requires a little extra work.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 13 August 17 at 03:15
Yeah I was referring to these two.

I went all the way to chapter 6 in a new playthrough before giving up yesterday. They,re definitely not unobtainables but when they glitch they become a pain in the butt to unlock.

I've seen people claim on steam forums that Carmageddon Reincarnation had these achievements glitched and they were able to pop them by getting all the way to chapter 9. They mentioned that the classic carma event didn't register for some odd reason and that the game would count your second playthrough non-classic carma races as new ones on the counter. I have yet to try if it works on this version though.

However I've seen several people here and there say that they went through the game twice and both achievements didn't pop. Seems a lot YMMV.
[Insert signature here.]
Jsrc1990
Jsrc1990
Posted on 02 May 18 at 05:22
I just passed the game twice, and the 2 damn achievements did not appear!!!, I was a fan of carmageddon but now I have it is disgusting. I will not play it again in about 5 years at least, I'm really tired, I spent a lot of time on this piece of shit angry
Jsrc1990
Tubbed
Tubbed
Posted on 26 November 18 at 12:57
Thanks for posting this. I was about to buy this from a bargain bin for a couple of dollars but I thought I would check to see if it was an easy completion first. My back catalogue is huge but I have one less shitty game, at least for now ☺
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.