Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday the 13th: The Game Attempts to Remove Team Killing and Adds Free DLC

AuthorMessage
WillCBlogs
232,757
WillCBlogs
Posted on 12 August 17 at 20:46
This is why we can't have nice things

Please click here to read the story: Friday the 13th: The Game Attempts to Remove Team Killing and Adds Free DLC
Lyzyrd
678,657
Lyzyrd
Posted on 12 August 17 at 21:12
Such a fun game. Will be getting back to this once I finish off these old Fallout 3 achievements that I have laying around.
DungeonxLurker
Posted on 12 August 17 at 21:36
Fixing the unobtainable achievement would be nice. Not touching this game until they do.
Rainleaf
882,397
Rainleaf
Posted on 12 August 17 at 22:11
Uskumgallu said:
Fixing the unobtainable achievement would be nice. Not touching this game until they do.
What he said facepalm
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 12 August 17 at 22:15
When is this patch?
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 06h 56m (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
fisher81
407,008
fisher81
Posted on 12 August 17 at 22:22
In the next patch for the game, public matches will not allow team killing with weapons.
Cool except for the fact that nearly everyone still play in private matches found through the LFG dashboard, so this is pretty much useless.
lazyGATORgaming
Posted on 12 August 17 at 22:35
370 hours in and I still love this game...
I think it's dumb to remove team killing but that might just be me
-The Deve
TombOfAnubis
885,163
TombOfAnubis
Posted on 12 August 17 at 22:39
team killing never should have been an option in the first place. and it's not like they weren't aware it would be a problem, otherwise they wouldn't have include the "Betrayal" xp penalty in the game! additionally, 40% smaller maps? why? were people who suck at playing Jason complaining because they couldn't figure out how to play the game correctly? were counselors complaining that the current maps take too long to drive to the escape points, meaning Jason will now have even less time to stop the cars and boats? cripes. just give us dedicated servers so games aren't ended every time the host throws a fit and quits out! IllFonic has been touting how huge a success the game has been and how many copies they've sold, but they can't buy some friggin' servers?!

and yes, i know about private matches. i don't care about private matches. i shouldn't have to seek out groups of players when i want to play because the damn public match setup is crap.
ScoobyDoobyD0nt
Posted on 12 August 17 at 23:05
the game is really fun, but the team killing was getting uber annoying. made me stop playing for a while tbh. glad to see its being fixed around. however the broken achievements are still there and annoying as well :/ it'd be nice to see those fixed ^.^
Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
DutRank
148,670
DutRank
Posted on 12 August 17 at 23:47
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this isn't the right decision. It's kill or be killed. You and a buddy working together to fix the boat but another player has the missing part needed? What happens? With no team killing you or your buddy are SOL.
MC PHILABUSTA
756,711
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 13 August 17 at 00:28
How about the ai mode or single player stuff they promised ?
SilentRich69
659,165
SilentRich69
Posted on 13 August 17 at 00:46
fisher81 said:
In the next patch for the game, public matches will not allow team killing with weapons.
Cool except for the fact that nearly everyone still play in private matches found through the LFG dashboard, so this is pretty much useless.
Not true in the slightest not played a private in about a month, public does work most of the time.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
wBRY
683,656
wBRY
Posted on 13 August 17 at 02:07
Reminds me of original Saints Row mp. As soon as match starts turn around and kill your team off in Pimp Slap mode.
Not Daniel
286,658
Not Daniel
Posted on 13 August 17 at 02:15
This might not be a good idea. In my time playing this game, I have heard "Jason Don't kill me ill tell you where my teammates are" nearly every day I've played. Team killing might be a problem but it is also a solution to people who either hold on to equipment to throw games or team up with Jason.
Dakrkplayer2
770,945
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 13 August 17 at 02:53
Team killing be cool part of game mechanic. If it was a MMO crime game. And tagline be. Team up or brake out your owned.
.XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 August 17 at 03:47
TombOfAnubis said:
team killing never should have been an option in the first place. and it's not like they weren't aware it would be a problem, otherwise they wouldn't have include the "Betrayal" xp penalty in the game! additionally, 40% smaller maps? why? were people who suck at playing Jason complaining because they couldn't figure out how to play the game correctly? were counselors complaining that the current maps take too long to drive to the escape points, meaning Jason will now have even less time to stop the cars and boats? cripes. just give us dedicated servers so games aren't ended every time the host throws a fit and quits out! IllFonic has been touting how huge a success the game has been and how many copies they've sold, but they can't buy some friggin' servers?!

and yes, i know about private matches. i don't care about private matches. i shouldn't have to seek out groups of players when i want to play because the damn public match setup is crap.
I agree and am happy that team killing will be dealt with if you wanna ruin the game for people because you have nothing better to do then go play something like cod or destiny one where evreryone there just loves to ruin things for everyone
demonbalorkingx
mcnichoj
189,972
mcnichoj
Posted on 13 August 17 at 06:12
Outsider Fenix said:
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this isn't the right decision. It's kill or be killed. You and a buddy working together to fix the boat but another player has the missing part needed? What happens? With no team killing you or your buddy are SOL.
Maybe have your goal be to help everyone on the team?

lol, people call the DBD community bad but at least we don't plan to stab other players in the back before the match has even started.
DutRank
148,670
DutRank
Posted on 13 August 17 at 06:24
mcnichoj said:
Outsider Fenix said:
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this isn't the right decision. It's kill or be killed. You and a buddy working together to fix the boat but another player has the missing part needed? What happens? With no team killing you or your buddy are SOL.
Maybe have your goal be to help everyone on the team?

lol, people call the DBD community bad but at least we don't plan to stab other players in the back before the match has even started.
Helping everyone isn't always an option. The objective as a counselor is to escape. Not to escape as a team.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 13 August 17 at 08:39
This seems like a good patch to me.. it would really frustrated me if I was taken out by a betrayal. It's bad enough having to avoid Jason without having to be wary of every other players as well...
Sabin VI
1,093,261
Sabin VI
Posted on 13 August 17 at 09:00
MC PHILABUSTA said:
How about the ai mode or single player stuff they promised ?
How about picking up more consoles if easy/quick Achievement farming is all you care about?

Making the Game more enjoyable for those who care about this game should be Priority Number one.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.